Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 Jul 2002, 19:15 (Ref:339031)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT Concept - Well worth a look!

Being a big fan of the GT series I went out and bought this sudo-add on, on day of release (friday) and I have to say its revived my interest in the series. The graphics (yes, they've managed to make it look even better!!), physics and most importantly the controls have been tweaked to perfection, providing a driving experiance like no other.

The controls have bee made far more responsive to give a much better feel which you really notice when you go back to GT3 which suddenly feels undriveable compared to Concept due to a comparitivly massive time delay on the contols.

The new cars are great (the pod race around a pit lane is great fun) and most of them handle beautifully. The tweaked controls can take most of the credit for this as it gives the player a far greater ability to adjust the the balance of the car through the corner.

Whilst it is 'short' in the accepted sense of the word (I completed it in about 4.5 hours of play) the lack of tuning and buying cars and parts actually makes the game far more fun when it comes to the races. In GT3 you could stick a big turbo in your car and just disappear into the distance. You were also limited to what car you could chose for each race if you wanted to be competitive. This made the game a chore soon after the early stages as you were forced to choose straight line speed over handling (and ultimately fun) if you wanted to progress. Things have changed in Concept as you can choose which ever car you wish to race and the computer will provide a field of closely matched oppenents. The races thus become far more enjoyable as I can choose to race the wonderful Lotus Elise instead of the god awful Nissan Skyline.

Overall if you're a fan of the series (even if you became bored of GT3) its a must buy. If you've never tryed it before this will be your perfect introduction to the series.
Old 24 Jul 2002, 21:44 (Ref:341981)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reviewers gave it 6... I was tempted to give it a whirl due to it's more simplistic nature compared to GT3... might rent it out...
Old 25 Jul 2002, 17:53 (Ref:342631)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I purchased it today and love it.

Much better than GT3 'A Spec'
Old 26 Jul 2002, 17:29 (Ref:343521)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Yeah, I saw the reviews too MF and was a little sceptical but after purchasing it I had to heartily disagree with the reviews, you may 'complete' it quickly but that doesn't mean you stop enjoying it.
Old 26 Jul 2002, 18:04 (Ref:343538)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that's why it appeals to me... it looks more... fun...
Old 6 Aug 2002, 21:17 (Ref:351695)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
is it true that you get bronze trophies in all the tests you have yet to complete for A-spec when you get 100% in Concept?
Old 6 Aug 2002, 21:49 (Ref:351747)   #7
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
yes it is.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 14:56 (Ref:354047)   #8
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No - you only need 50% - you get 10M credits and the bronzes!
Old 9 Aug 2002, 15:43 (Ref:354087)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great! and GT Concept is tis months free gift with a subscription to F1 Racing- and mine needs re-newing! yay!
Old 24 Aug 2002, 15:31 (Ref:365096)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
got GT Concept last week- it is a great game! i always thought of A-Spec, as good as it is, as a car enthusiasts game. all the technical info you need- but the racing aint that good (except in in the Formula GT championship- that is racing as its best!) but Concept is a huge improvment. close battles all the way, its great fun and more rewarding when you win. a bit short, but I am only 75% thru- should keep me interested for a little while yet.