Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jun 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1625238)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not Williams/Team Australia ??

why dosent craig gore get behind webber and williams like he has done in champcar and nascar.

williams need a tittle sponser gores v8 supercars are sponsered by cossy they use cossy in champcar franky could do a deal with cossy and with gores backing they could afford to develop the car and pay Webber the big bucks as this could only happen with him driving as he is the only aussie driver in the series.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1625252)   #2
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sure Craig Gore / WPS are rich enough for that? F1 would be a whole nother ball game compared to Champcar or Craftsman surely?
Old 2 Jun 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1625325)   #3
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Gore fancies himself as a high roller, but Williams and F1 are a different planet compared to what he would be interested in..
Old 2 Jun 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1625334)   #4
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champ Car might run off a few million a year...The equivalent of that would be bugger all in F1, at this stage in his motorsport aspirations he probably realises it isnt worth the trouble.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:06 (Ref:1625346)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am on PWR's side. Gore has spent money in Aussie Racing Cars, Aussie Porche GT3 Series, V8 Supercars, BMW Atlantic, Champcar, NASCAR Bucsh Series and he has got even more wealth with his Aussie Wines, Fish Group and WPS Finance and Law. So Gore, go to F1, spend some more cash and support another Aussie fand you will gain more wealth. Like the old saying, you have to spend money to make money.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1625360)   #6
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
put all those things together and it still wouldn't touch the sides in terms of F1 sponsorship. Red Bull he aint.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:36 (Ref:1625374)   #7
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe not, but he would get worldwide coverage which is something he doesn't with all the others put together!
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1625379)   #8
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Be great to see a Team Australia Williams with Webber behind the wheel, if diehard williams supporters would want to see the Williams painted Green and Gold is another matter.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1625390)   #9
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
Maybe not, but he would get worldwide coverage which is something he doesn't with all the others put together!
The very small amount of exposure he would be able to afford in F1 wouldnt outweigh the exposure hes already getting in motorsport though.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1625395)   #10
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Craig Gore have much in the way of business interests outside Australia though? V8 Supercars woudl surely get a lot more bang for a long less buck within Australia itself.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1625822)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would Webber want to be associated with Gore, he's a bit of a loose cannon.

But yeah, Gore doesnt have the $$$ to sponsor an F1 team
Old 3 Jun 2006, 03:24 (Ref:1625881)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They want US$125m for Midland Here

This would wipe all of Mr Gore's worth... having said that, most of his business operations in motorsport and otherwise, apepar to be partnerships with other people...

A Gore-Shnaider management team at MidlandF1 perhaps?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Jun 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1625996)   #13
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not much point to it really Gore is in the Australian market & trying to crack into the US market so he is spending his money in those markets, their isn't a great deal of point advertising to people he has nothing to sell to.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1626034)   #14
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
They want US$125m for Midland Here

This would wipe all of Mr Gore's worth... having said that, most of his business operations in motorsport and otherwise, apepar to be partnerships with other people...

A Gore-Shnaider management team at MidlandF1 perhaps?
Sounds fairly cheap. I recall Williams spending about US$250 million a year on their operations and that was a few years ago.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1626143)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Being competitive in F1 is very expensive, and the marketing attention Craig's companies would gain from it would not be worth the expenditure. Unless he personally wants to do it as a hobby, I can't see him getting involved in F1.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1626366)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Aside from the other valid reasons listed above, I can't imagine that Sir Frank would want his proudly British outfit to run under the colours of Australia, and neither would I, for that matter.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 23:44 (Ref:1626373)   #17
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's not like there are no other British teams, whilst Australian entered teams have been absent for far too long! Where's the suport for the country with the most superior football game of all .
Old 3 Jun 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1626377)   #18
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Well it's not like there are no other British teams, whilst Australian entered teams have been absent for far too long! Where's the suport for the country with the most superior football game of all .
Iguess you're reffering to AFL?
If so, I agree.
Even if Gore completly bought out Williams (only hypothetically of course), the new team would still retain the mostly British staff and it's British location. Anything else would create self implotion.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1627171)   #19
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Aside from the other valid reasons listed above, I can't imagine that Sir Frank would want his proudly British outfit to run under the colours of Australia, and neither would I, for that matter.
lets be realistic here: there aint no hope in hell of Gore having enough clout to recolour the williams, ie naming and branding rights. I imagine the most he could afford in F1 terms might be a decal on mark's helmet (and probably on the bottom, at the back).....
Old 4 Jun 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1627178)   #20
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Except for the year they ran in Winfield colours with Phillip Morris money

Either way all F1 teams are very careful who they deal with and thier total "image" and doing a deal with Gore would potentially hurt RBS, who do you think is a better long term proposition?

Pipedream
Old 4 Jun 2006, 23:22 (Ref:1627188)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't this a case of it being better to have a finger in more than one pie, than for him to chuck all his money into an F1 based move? Think he should stay as he is.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1627238)   #22
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even if he did have the wallop to be that highly involved in F1 (which I am sure he does not), he is close to the last person I would want having any say in anything to do with F1.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 02:52 (Ref:1627260)   #23
Dobbo89
Rookie

Australia
Mayfield
Dobbo89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
I am on PWR's side. Gore has spent money in Aussie Racing Cars, Aussie Porche GT3 Series, V8 Supercars, BMW Atlantic, Champcar, NASCAR Bucsh Series and he has got even more wealth with his Aussie Wines, Fish Group and WPS Finance and Law. So Gore, go to F1, spend some more cash and support another Aussie fand you will gain more wealth. Like the old saying, you have to spend money to make money.

Add all the current spending then times it by 10 and you may get a nice 4x2 sticker on both wings. Remember, you playing with teams that like Ferrari that spend $500 million a season, or Toyota who blow $600 million a year, Webber has already made it, support the ones who are still trying. The way I see it, he has the ability to back 10-20 drivers, not just one. Formula ford Driver to Champcar? I must say, he has made this money, it is up to him to spend it as he sees fit, and I like what he is doing so far.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 06:10 (Ref:1627304)   #24
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
Iguess you're reffering to AFL?
If so, I agree..
Me too -

except for the team!!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1628604)   #25
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the plus side, think of the marketing tie-in NiQuitIn could do with one of Gore's drivers - giving up smoking requires Will Power.