Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Oct 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1441057)   #1
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
franchise points

Does anbody know the current franchise points? Must be getting pretty tight for the top 32, but with all the number swapping its hard to know.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 23 Oct 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1441074)   #2
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You mean these (from the Championship points table page) http://www.v8supercar.com.au/points/...ssn=2005&Ind=M
Old 23 Oct 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1441079)   #3
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No they are driver positions...franchises are different (due to drivers swapping numbers etc.)
Old 23 Oct 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1441082)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
You mean these (from the Championship points table page) http://www.v8supercar.com.au/points/...ssn=2005&Ind=M
I think he means the actual points scored by each franchise.
i.e by number 24, number 11 etc.

The way they have swapped the numbers, Perkins this weekend, you would never know.
You would need to go back over each round and see who was using which number.
Old 23 Oct 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1441096)   #5
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
No they are the franchise positions - look to the second link on the page (I tried to send the link but can't grab it as it is a javascript application). Stone Brothers are in 1st with about 3,200 odd points then HRT, Team Betta Electrical etc.
Old 23 Oct 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1441122)   #6
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe an obvious answer to this one but, with regard to the Drivers points, do they include dropping their worst round? I can't see too many 0's in the table.
Or does that only count from this round till the end?
Old 23 Oct 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1441130)   #7
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But its got Dynamik and WOW as two seperate teams ?

From that table u would say Tratt ? and Davidson are the most at threat ?

But ive been hearing the second Britek car is the one to go.
Old 23 Oct 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1441135)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As far as I can tell, Mr Wills and Mr Owen shall be missing from Tasmania.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Oct 2005, 04:53 (Ref:1441757)   #9
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Mr Wills even race anymore?

He was dropped by Longhurst Racing for bathurst wasnt he?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 05:03 (Ref:1441760)   #10
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
No they are the franchise positions - look to the second link on the page (I tried to send the link but can't grab it as it is a javascript application). Stone Brothers are in 1st with about 3,200 odd points then HRT, Team Betta Electrical etc.
Sorry but they aren't. They are team points not franchise points. For Example, Car #1 and Car #9 are both different franchises. SBR is not one franchise. A better example is car #11 and car #24, both inidividual L2 franchises, due to car swapping and car sharing (enduro's) there is not a clear points table of where #11 and #24 sit in terms of franchises. You'll note that CPR and LMS swapped their franchises around to enable the second franchise (the one lower in points) a better chance of cementing itself inside the top 32. Which appeared to backfire at Indy with both #20 and #24 finishing lowly.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 05:14 (Ref:1441762)   #11
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Fair enough - but they are the only points publically published. AFAIK they aren't produced on a franchise basis - why would they?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1441833)   #12
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be alot easier if level twos were abolished and have 16 level 1's and 2 level 2s Available for unrestricted rounds..... It would save alot of confusion and the sponsors would know how many rounds their car would be attending!!!

Example-

Level 1s (2 Cars)

HRT
HSV
PWR
TPR
GRM
Tasman
PMM/TKR
Longhurst

SBR
DJR
LMS
FPR
WPS
BJR
Britek

Level 2 (1 car)

RNR
PLR

If only aye..... 16 Fords 16 Holdens.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1441834)   #13
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I right that the final franchise positions this year effect who goes to early rounds next year in the top 32? which is why I am curious as to current points as #20 is on the borderline. James, that is what I am after, like you said each number is a franchise these days, not the team or driver.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1441843)   #14
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
That's right. This years championship will determine who goes straight into the early rounds next year....and I believe it is only the Top 30 that gain automatic entry to the restricted rounds...then there are 2 "promotors" choice, like what happened with Steven Richards this year, his franchise wasnt an automatic entry.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1441926)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The teams are playing with competing priorities as well.. if the situation is the same for 06 as it was for 05, the highest placed driver in a team determines the pit lane allocation for the season.

So we have the situation where it is SBR/PWR/HSVDT/WPS/HRT and so on down the lane on the basis of the best driver position.

I would think it more than likely the franchise points as referred to above will be used to determine this though.

What beers me off is that the media cannot follow the monkey business with the franchise numbers. Even the Bathurst Advocate, who do have a clue when it comes to racing cars normally, showed the D'Agosting car #11 at Bathurst and called it Richo's car....

Why oh why is this series intent on confusing the heck out of the mainstream media?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Oct 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1442139)   #16
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger the mainstream media, why are they so intent on confusing the dedicated fans????
Old 25 Oct 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1442846)   #17
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
What beers me off is that the media cannot follow the monkey business with the franchise numbers. Even the Bathurst Advocate, who do have a clue when it comes to racing cars normally, showed the D'Agosting car #11 at Bathurst and called it Richo's car....
Not forgetting they rambled on about Dumbrell into the wall on the first lap at Indy for atleast half of the lap before realising it was Richards.