Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 15 Jan 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2106781)   #26
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weekend is going to be a action packed weekend! With A1GP and also TRS. Cant wait!!!
Old 15 Jan 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2106840)   #27
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
There are a few TBA's considering first practice is six days away and NZ is a long way to get to. Presume a few of the teams are not updating A1GP very regularly.

I wonder what's happened to Toccacelo? Decided to do something else or Italy have decided they need a change? They always seem a happy bunch but not that serious about winning. There are a truckload of Italian drivers who got to GP2 level and must be now sitting around with plenty of spare time, Piscopo is a bit unproven and therefore an odd choice for a replacement.
With Ferrari delivering the engines and chassis next year, I guess they get nervous.

And surely they would like to field a GP2 driver, but whether that would be an improvement remains to be seen. And there is the added factor not every GP2 driver being allowed to drive in other series.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2106845)   #28
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R
This weekend is going to be a action packed weekend! With A1GP and also TRS. Cant wait!!!
Not to mention the NZV8, Porsche GT3 Cup, Mini Challenge, Production Racing and Formula Ford.

Full Race program here

Those that remember Matt Halliday (A1GP Team NZ), he will be a very busy boy this weekend campaigning both the Porsche GT3 Cup and Toyota Racing Series. Article here

Last edited by NAC; 15 Jan 2008 at 20:23.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2106887)   #29
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Those that remember Matt Halliday (A1GP Team NZ), he will be a very busy boy this weekend campaigning both the Porsche GT3 Cup and Toyota Racing Series. Article here
Thanks for that, NAC. I've been wondering what had happened to Matt. Hope he has a good weekend, even if he won't be driving the one car he would really like to drive.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2106985)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Jonathan Summerton is racing for Team USA this weekend with Charlie Kimball taking the Rookie role.

Canada is sticking with Robert Wickens.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 05:36 (Ref:2107051)   #31
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Great news to see Summerton and Wickens in for another race!
Old 17 Jan 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2107820)   #32
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
been checking thru the schedule ...there doesnt seem to be a autograph session on sunday ... sux
Old 17 Jan 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2107854)   #33
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkfan
been checking thru the schedule ...there doesnt seem to be a autograph session on sunday ... sux
There is one on Saturday though at 1.00pm about and hour before the Sprint race
Old 17 Jan 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2108014)   #34
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I've done the math right, the racing's on at a pretty reasonable time out here (20 hrs. behind). Qualifying should be 6 pm mountain on Friday and the first practise sessions today at 3 and 5 pm. Any online coverage of that anywhere (can't even seem to find live timing)? Qualifying live feed at A1GP.com, or so we're told.

Not without some pressure on Hartley and Reid to perform this weekend I would imagine, although same goes for the rest I'm sure, including Canada. Wickens is just getting warmed up.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2108063)   #35
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
If I've done the math right, the racing's on at a pretty reasonable time out here (20 hrs. behind). Qualifying should be 6 pm mountain on Friday and the first practise sessions today at 3 and 5 pm. Any online coverage of that anywhere (can't even seem to find live timing)? Qualifying live feed at A1GP.com, or so we're told.

Not without some pressure on Hartley and Reid to perform this weekend I would imagine, although same goes for the rest I'm sure, including Canada. Wickens is just getting warmed up.
Yes, even out here the feature race is on at 10:00pm Saturday night (hoping the live feed will be active). The race will be shown on Speed on the 31st January, what good is that?!
I'm picking Reid to sweep, no expectations for Wickens, but it would be great to see him do well.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 19:30 (Ref:2108244)   #36
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
This may help guys

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

I believe the live feeds are restricted to what area you live in

You could try one of those Asian free TV on the internet to see if there is a feed in there (soapbox or something like that)
Old 17 Jan 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2108319)   #37
Richard Head
Rookie

Richard Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys i'm a newby here! Can anybody please give me the link to the live timing, I can't wait to see how Martin goes!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old 17 Jan 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2108345)   #38
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Link to live timing here Richard, if I've done it right.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2108362)   #39
Richard Head
Rookie

Richard Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent job Last2LiftOff, it works great!!!!
Old 18 Jan 2008, 00:44 (Ref:2108444)   #40
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
What's this? Canada Blitzes Rookie Sessions

Well done to Robert Wickens, also John Martin and Adam Carroll.

Only 19 Nations recorded a time, though, and GBR was a rather lowly 12th.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 01:15 (Ref:2108451)   #41
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, how about that, well done Robert, although Vietoris just took a full second off that time.

Edit: Oops, and now we're under investigation...

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 18 Jan 2008 at 01:23.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 01:07 (Ref:2109162)   #42
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Qualifying live stream seems to be working, over here at least. If anyone's interested.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2109170)   #43
Point-5
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Point-5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky Sports showing it live here... lot of dust on track! They'll all wait for the very end of each session I think
Old 19 Jan 2008, 01:42 (Ref:2109175)   #44
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
10-4, tape-delayed for weeks here. Pretty good first stint there from Carroll.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2109179)   #45
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Jonny Reid on pole for the Sprint Race from South Africa, France and Germany! Pretty frantic sessions with the wind blowing sand onto the track.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 02:01 (Ref:2109180)   #46
Point-5
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Point-5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ireland 9/10ths off pole.... Can't seem to carry their testing performance into qualifying lately!!

See how the feature sessions go....

Old 19 Jan 2008, 03:19 (Ref:2109197)   #47
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Pretty exciting qualifing. Cant wait for the races tomorrow.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 05:15 (Ref:2109212)   #48
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well Martin has had only a couple rookie sessions in the car and comparing his qualifying (feature race) to Dyk's he is already making him look average by a fair few positons.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 06:01 (Ref:2109218)   #49
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Weather forecast for tomorrow is for strong winds again,with rain moving in late in the afternoon/early evening,hopefully after the racing is over.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 10:55 (Ref:2109292)   #50
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Couple of picks from the last 2 days. Have a **** load but dont want to clog up the forum with pics , unless anyone has any requests

1st couple to keep the Aussies happy with their new boy

Team Ireland winning hands down the best looking pit garage

Track was very windy and dusty and only likley to get worse tomorrow

Last edited by NAC; 19 Jan 2008 at 11:05.