Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Sep 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3574477)   #7301
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why? The PWC already does the sprint thing here.

Perhaps this is an IMSA ploy?
Old 17 Sep 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3574487)   #7302
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know why, but this proposed series has some sort of ChampCar vibe around it and I don't mean it in a good way. Wouldn't make me wonder if those same people that ran ChampCar in the later years are behind this new series. On the other hand, NA sportscar racing lost some tracks and teams in the aftermath of the ALMS/RSCS merger, so maybe there could be a solid base for that.
But a PPV model to sell races? Seriously? I understand that non-linear TV gets more and more traction, but I doubt that many people would pay 5-10$ just to watch GT racing, which already exists all over the world and they could probably watch for free on the internet. So what's the point in trying to sell just another GT series?
Old 17 Sep 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3574501)   #7303
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Seems the GT3 and GTLM versions of the M6 were at Ladoux

L.P.
They were not.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 17 Sep 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3574504)   #7304
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
They were not.
Do you have another source which contradicts S365's report, then? If so, care to share it?

Posts like these aren't terribly helpful for discussion. If you know something, great...but a little more than just going round correcting people would be even better.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 00:30 (Ref:3574507)   #7305
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFrider View Post
Could this be related to that post from FormulaFox about a "bombshell" that will shake up the sportscar scene. An upstart series. 10 investors that sound like they have considerable influence.
No. The bombshell I've been sitting on(and believe me, my @$$ is in PAIN from it) directly involves matters of IMSA, and heavily involves LMP2 and GTLM.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 04:47 (Ref:3574543)   #7306
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fox, let me ask: in your opinion is this rumor a good thing for the sport or a bad thing.

Should we be excited or worried.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3574576)   #7307
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Fox, let me ask: in your opinion is this rumor a good thing for the sport or a bad thing.

Should we be excited or worried.
Can't say one way or another. It has the potential to be either depending on how it's handled, and I do not have enough of the finer details to tell which way they're going. But the main goal is to shake things up, and that's more likely to produce positive than negative results under current circumstances.

But don't get too excited - there isn't even a guarantee of it going anywhere. What's going on involves a lot of groups that were previously uninterested in this matter, and they're a major lynchpin of the plan - if they get cold feet the entire idea is likely to collapse.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3574670)   #7308
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The rumour that just will not die.

Make of it what you will: VW about to purchase Red Bull F1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34297046

In the same fortnight that Porsche increase their WEC commitment and Volkswagen say they want to create a dynasty in the WRC.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3574674)   #7309
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

In the same fortnight that Porsche increase their WEC commitment and Volkswagen say they want to create a dynasty in the WRC.
I reckon the F1 media is contractually obliged by Bernie to try and fan this rumour at least 3 times a year, under risk of losing their accreditation and paddock passes.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3574676)   #7310
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:

The way things are going with Red Bull's engine deal, I wouldn't be surprised if RBR needs to come over to P1-L to keep a program going.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3574677)   #7311
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya may be testing for Porsche shortly...

Has a contract through 2016, but, may have options during and after.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3574682)   #7312
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:

This will keep going for as long as it's in RBR's interest to do so, which it is at the moment because without any outside interest Red Bull Racing are going to get bent over a barrel by the terms of their engine contract with Ferrari.

So one call from Helmut to an eager-to-impress Eddie (who, despite his best efforts, will not be able to dine off "Hamilton to Mercedes" forever) later and we arrive at F1's version of The Neverending Story.

Last edited by J Jay; 18 Sep 2015 at 18:47.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3574696)   #7313
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
This will keep going for as long as it's in RBR's interest to do so, which it is at the moment because without any outside interest Red Bull Racing are going to get bent over a barrel by the terms of their engine contract with Ferrari.
Wonder if anyone is willing to bring Playlife back into F1. I suspect Mechacrome might be able to find some rebadging supplied from the 90's.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:41 (Ref:3574774)   #7314
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Montoya now confirmed for Porsche 919 test at Bahrein.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:47 (Ref:3574775)   #7315
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
That Red Bull prematurely terminated its contract with Renault (altough then Renault said it is being "renegotiated") certainly makes this rumor right now more interesting.

Anyway, naughty VW may just gotten much bigger issues than anything related to racing: VW could face $18-billion fine for evading smog rules, cheating pollution tests
Old 19 Sep 2015, 02:45 (Ref:3574814)   #7316
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Montoya now confirmed for Porsche 919 test at Bahrein.
"Confirmed" = possibility.

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...sche-lmp1-test

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120879

Last edited by deggis; 19 Sep 2015 at 03:04.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 07:47 (Ref:3574844)   #7317
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
GGoodwin said on the MWM Facebook page that the test is mooted as a possibility in the media, but in fact it is already confirmed.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3574919)   #7318
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
No, it's happening. It's just not been said by Porsche publicly yet.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 15:19 (Ref:3574921)   #7319
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That Red Bull prematurely terminated its contract with Renault (altough then Renault said it is being "renegotiated") certainly makes this rumor right now more interesting.

Anyway, naughty VW may just gotten much bigger issues than anything related to racing: VW could face $18-billion fine for evading smog rules, cheating pollution tests
This is massive. Though, I will say, when I had my SRT-4 Neon, I ran a 3" catless turbo-back exhaust. The ECU was programmed to ignore the missing cat o2 sensor.

In Wisconsin the DOT only looked for engine codes showing a missing cat, or faulty o2 sensors, upstream or down. They abandonded the sniffer test in the late 90's.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3574923)   #7320
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

Read that else where too,tdi clean diesel my a**.knew it wasn't clean when I could see soot poring out of the r18s pipes.but anyways some reports seem to indicate vw will have time to pay and recall vehicles,so I wonder if it will impact any future motorsport budgets.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 16:09 (Ref:3574928)   #7321
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I wonder if it will impact any future motorsport budgets.
Not likely.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3574990)   #7322
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Read that else where too,tdi clean diesel my a**.knew it wasn't clean when I could see soot poring out of the r18s pipes.
There is no such thing as clean internal combustion no matter the fuel. Even under optimal conditions it's still a marketing thing.

However, it IS proven that today's diesel is cleanER burning than regular gasoline.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3575001)   #7323
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I see this as a relative non-issue considering that Toyota's and especially GM's problems that the US Gov't went after them for actually injured and killed people.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3575002)   #7324
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I see this as a relative non-issue considering that Toyota's and especially GM's problems that the US Gov't went after them for actually injured and killed people.
In that sense maybe a non-issue, but caught on systematically and directly lying to customers.

But is there some kind of a protectionism going on?
Old 19 Sep 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3575011)   #7325
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Lets be honest. Toyotas problem was not lying to governments. It was pedal misapplication/the floormats jamming the accelerator. That can be overcome with holding the brakes or shifting to neutral but people didnt do it. GM was a different issue which was failing to recall a defective part which they knew of. Thats more closely alligned to the VW deal.