Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 May 2024, 09:16 (Ref:4207263)   #651
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was an amazing 30 degrees in the centre of Hesdin yesterday, which was fortunate as it was the annual 'Les Petroleuses Hesdinois' Bourse (autojumble) & general classic car gathering.

The good weather certainly brought the classics out, with everything from a 1911 Renault to some monster 1960's Americans. A really lovely day.

Needless to say, the weather is now back to bright 'n breezy. Only one good day at a time...
Old 2 May 2024, 13:16 (Ref:4207279)   #652
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Belated happy birthday Will. ?
Old 2 May 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4207284)   #653
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy Birthday, Will?

No big deal I've had loads of 'em!
Old 2 May 2024, 14:19 (Ref:4207286)   #654
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you all….I keep hoping increased wisdom will coming with increasing age…what am I doing wrong?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 May 2024, 15:00 (Ref:4207287)   #655
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Thank you all….I keep hoping increased wisdom will coming with increasing age…what am I doing wrong?!

It's a fallacy, Will; I refer you to our own Xmas bauble!
Old 2 May 2024, 15:37 (Ref:4207288)   #656
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's a fallacy, Will; I refer you to our own Xmas bauble!
If the Mods feel this is inappropriate I quite understand.

Two members of the forum were overheard at a recent meeting, one was saying;
When I was in my twenties, if I had a hard on I couldn't bend it with both hands, in my thirties I could just about bend it with both hands. In my forties, I couldn't bend it with one hand, but in my fifties I could with one hand. In my sixties, I could bend it fairly easily with one hand, and now in my seventies I can do it easily with just one hand!

Pete asked; So what's your point?

Mike replied; Well I keep wondering how much stronger am I going to get?

While wisdom my increase with age ............
Old 2 May 2024, 17:19 (Ref:4207290)   #657
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If the Mods feel this is inappropriate I quite understand.

If the cap fits...........
Old 2 May 2024, 18:06 (Ref:4207291)   #658
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
If the cap fits...........
Is that a Dutch cap, Mike.?
Old 2 May 2024, 19:30 (Ref:4207297)   #659
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Is that a Dutch cap, Mike.?

Provided that it was accompanied by a French letter authenticating it!
Old 2 May 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4207299)   #660
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Provided that it was accompanied by a French letter authenticating it!
All we need now is Sid James and the rest of the Carry On team ??.
Old 2 May 2024, 21:42 (Ref:4207301)   #661
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Sid was an old charmer. When he wasn't "playing away", we used to bump in to him occasionally at his local fish and chips shop in West Hampstead in we were in the mood for a chip butty before we started our shift in the pub. It must have been a pretty good establishment, because it was exactly round the corner from the pub.
Old 2 May 2024, 23:15 (Ref:4207305)   #662
bauble
Veteran

England
'Carry On in the Historic Forum'.

I like it!
Old Yesterday, 06:35 (Ref:4207315)   #663
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
'Carry On in the Historic Forum'.

I like it!
A bit early for suggestions for the 2025 title for this thread, but I think this could be a winner!
Old Yesterday, 08:11 (Ref:4207324)   #664
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
A bit early for suggestions for the 2025 title for this thread, but I think this could be a winner!
On due reflection, perhaps;

'Carry on Up the Historic Forum'
Old Today, 18:31 (Ref:4207433)   #665
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ooh er missus!