Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 May 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3406229)   #3076
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
#1 Black Falcon Mercedes - J Bleekemolen, LD Arnold, C Menzel, A Simonsen
#3 Phoenix Audi - M Basseng, M Fässler, F Stippler, L Vanthoor
#4 Phoenix Audi - M Basseng, R Rast, M Winkelhock, C Mamerow
#6 Frikadelli Porsche - P Pilet, P Huisman, S Schmitz, K Abbelen
#7 Aston Martin - D Turner, S Mücke, P Lamy
#15 HTP Mercedes - M Götz, H Primat
#17 G-Drive Audi - S Ortelli, E Sandström, R Rusinov
#19 Schubert BMW - D Werner, D Múller, L Luhr, A Sims
#20 Schubert BMW - M Tomczyk, D Baumann, J Klingmann, C Hürtgen
#25 Marc VDS BMW - J Müller, M Martin, U Alzen, M Wittmann
#26 Marc VDS BMW - D Adorf, B Leinders, M Paltalla, N Catsburg
#30 RJN Nissan - M Krumm, T Tanaka, K Hoshino, K Chiyo
#44 Falken Porsche - W Henzler, P Dumbreck, A Imperatori
#48 Gazoo Lexus - M Kageyama, K Oshima, H Ishiura, T Kinoshita
#53 Gazoo Lexus - J Wakisaka, T Iguchi, H Ishiura, A Iida
Old 14 May 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3406250)   #3077
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
.....are some of the cars in the entry list this year.
Old 15 May 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3406635)   #3078
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
First (somewhat rambling) thoughts:

Another really good entry - I'd suggest that this year is likely to come down to BMW vs Audi.

I'm a little disappointed that there won't be one works-crewed Porsche out there but not surprised at all. Only two official factory drivers in the entry list thus far (Pilet and Henzler), some great options if an SP7 car is looking for a pro to help out. The only real shot they have is if everything goes right with the Falken car, and I'll definitely be cheering this one on.

Mercedes: In addition to the slightly worse BoP, it was always going to be difficult to replace Sean Edwards at Black Falcon. Still fancy Bleekemolen for pole though. HTP don't have much experience at the Ring, although if their team is as stacked with AMG personnel as usual then they may be able to get to grips quickly. Will be interesting to see the finalised lineup in their car and the lead Rowe entry.

BMW seems to be stacking the lead VDS car, not surprising after Schubert's weak performance last year. The lead Schubert car is fairly strong, but Alzen and Martin in the same car is probably the best lineup in the race when you factor in Muller too.

Audi: Both Phoenix cars look very strong, and the lead Abt Audi also has a good lineup, so some good strength in depth there. Given the history of reliability with the R8 (especially compared to the Z4) and I'd make Audi a slight favourite.

Aston Martin: One bullet in the gun, but it's a shiny bullet and if the car holds together then they have a good chance. They now have the experience to match the speed, so here's hoping......

Nissan: Really good to see RJN here and they were quick in the recent VLN race, but there's not much Ring experience throughout the team. Otherwise strong though and lineups that will be really interesting to watch. I'm putting them down as 'gathering experience' this year.
Old 15 May 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3406639)   #3079
Dimension
Rookie

European Union
on the mind of a woman near you
Dimension should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If HTP can get Maxi Buhk and Bernd Schneider in on the #15, they're a serious contender and best Mercedes entry. I don't see the Black Falcon entry up there with some of the BMW and Audi Teams or even the Aston.

Also wondering what we'll see from Manthey. I have a feeling they might be spreading their stuff too thin, what with them competing as the works team in Le Mans just one week prior.

*edit*
so are the Gazoo entries this year the RC-F or the LFA?
Old 15 May 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3406690)   #3080
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Manthey are just running their customer programmes for their regular customers. I have a feeling the Black Falcon team's experience at the ring and the reliability of the car gives them as good a chance as HTP, but I agree that the overall driver lineup there isn't as strong as the BMWs or Audis.

Three for Gazoo, the RC-F, 'old' LFA and 'new' LFA Code X.
Old 15 May 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3406727)   #3081
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So pretty much one month away, I'm going this year for the first time since 2011, and can't wait.
Old 15 May 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3406753)   #3082
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I'm a little disappointed that there won't be one works-crewed Porsche out there but not surprised at all. Only two official factory drivers in the entry list thus far (Pilet and Henzler)
They have obviously shifted their efforts to the WEC and USCC. Of course I miss having one or two all-pro Manthey cars.
Old 15 May 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3406789)   #3083
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Manthey are just running their customer programmes for their regular customers. I have a feeling the Black Falcon team's experience at the ring and the reliability of the car gives them as good a chance as HTP, but I agree that the overall driver lineup there isn't as strong as the BMWs or Audis.

You saying RC F not IS-F? #52 Gazoo Racing is IS-F on the entry list. Itd be interesting if it were an RC F!
Old 15 May 2014, 23:25 (Ref:3406806)   #3084
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is the Oshima/Ishiura entry the new LFA or the old one?
Old 16 May 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3406821)   #3085
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Is the Oshima/Ishiura entry the new LFA or the old one?
Old one. Theyre driving the #48. #53 is the Code X with Akira Iida, Juichi Wakisaka, Hiroaki Ishiura (double duty?) and Takato Iguchi
Old 16 May 2014, 04:42 (Ref:3406838)   #3086
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You saying RC F not IS-F? #52 Gazoo Racing is IS-F on the entry list. Itd be interesting if it were an RC F!
Sorry, good spot, you are right. I was just reading about the GT3 before I posted......
Old 17 May 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3407253)   #3087
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another big hit again in VLN while was missing 57 minutes to go...

some of cars were #20, #2, #7...

RED-FLAG since them...
Old 17 May 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3407255)   #3088
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
They have obviously shifted their efforts to the WEC and USCC. Of course I miss having one or two all-pro Manthey cars.
The WEC cars are being run from Mantheys workshop in Meuspath this year, which is why they are only running cars for customers.

VLN4 was red flagged after a crash on the Döttinger Höhe under yellow flag conditions. According to 'Nürburgring Bridge To Gantry' on Facebook a helicopter has landed on the Döttinger Höhe.
Old 17 May 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3407257)   #3089
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I didn't see the crash, but the immediate aftermath looked rough. Marshals packing up now, the race won't be restarted. Hope everyone is ok.
Old 17 May 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3407268)   #3090
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not good, especially after the two in qualifying yesterday, one of which was fatal.Bad couple of days saddly.
Old 17 May 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3407269)   #3091
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Not good, especially after the two in qualifying yesterday, one of which was fatal.Bad couple of days saddly.
Who?
Old 17 May 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3407272)   #3092
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car number570, been trying to get the entry list up as I thought it to be a friend of mine.Apparently the off was a result of a heart attack going into the Carousel, chopper came in but were unable to resuscitat.Very sad indeed.
Old 17 May 2014, 23:45 (Ref:3407362)   #3093
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I thought the guy who had a heart attack was OK? I'm basing that purely on Alex Sims' Twitter account mind.
Old 19 May 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3407782)   #3094
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nah that had nothing to do with VLN, was a private session, although there were some VLN teams present. All I know is that the driver was resussitated by the track side medical team and airlifted to the hospital.
Old 21 May 2014, 05:42 (Ref:3408481)   #3095
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to know some information about 2 cars of the entry list.
One of that is the number 235, it is a BMW M235i in SP8T class (BMW Motorsport). Is this car a kind of new GTE?
The other car is the number 11, it is a Porsche 911 gt3 rsr in SP-PRO class (Team Manthey). Is this car an old 997 GTE or a new 991 GTE?
Old 21 May 2014, 06:23 (Ref:3408484)   #3096
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I would like to know some information about 2 cars of the entry list.
One of that is the number 235, it is a BMW M235i in SP8T class (BMW Motorsport). Is this car a kind of new GTE?
The other car is the number 11, it is a Porsche 911 gt3 rsr in SP-PRO class (Team Manthey). Is this car an old 997 GTE or a new 991 GTE?
The Bimmer isn't a GTE-car at all. It's one of these but so as to not run against their own customers it is entered in SP8T rather than in the corresponding Cup (=one make)-class.

The RSR is a 997, albeit with an engine enlarged to 4.4l.
Old 21 May 2014, 06:27 (Ref:3408487)   #3097
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The Bimmer isn't a GTE-car at all. It's one of these but so as to not run against their own customers it is entered in SP8T rather than in the corresponding Cup (=one make)-class.

The RSR is a 997, albeit with an engine enlarged to 4.4l.
Thanks for your reply
Old 30 May 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3412679)   #3098
Pizzamannen
Rookie

Pizzamannen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone going?
I might be off this weekend. So might head there. I live in Austria so not to far to drive. I am Swedish tho, and i met A. Simonsen, at Blancpain Endurance at Monza this year. He said that if i let him know in advance that i am heading to any more races he is in he will let me in to the garage. I see he is taking part of the Nordschleife 24 hours. I have been to the Le mans 24 hours twice. But never to Nordschleife. I have been there for a track day, so i know there area ok.

So anyone that is going and can let me know how it works? If i come on friday, all the camping spots will be taken i guess. So will it have to be sleep at a B&B or sleep in the car? How easy is it to get from one point of the track to another during the race?
Old 30 May 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3412780)   #3099
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I don't think all camping spots will be taken, you'll be quite deep into the campsite but you'll probably find spot for a tent in one of them. I slept in the car last time I did the event (although did have a camping ticket) and plan on doing the same this year. The event is great, it has the nice parts of Le Mans but without the immense overcrowding and restrictions around the paddock area. Travelling around when you're there is easy if you have a car, and you can walk around most of the track too, again unlike Le Mans. Thoroughly recommend it.
Old 30 May 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3412810)   #3100
FxL
Rookie

FxL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit off-topic, but does someone know the music in this nordschleife video (it's worth watching anyway)