Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Aug 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2946144)   #51
team drinkalot
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
team drinkalot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why waste good bitumen!
Old 22 Aug 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2944412)   #52
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Here is one for you, How did the #88 Mobile not end up with a post race penalty for his spinning of Rick Kelly??? Rick ends up back in 17th Wincup ends up 10th seem hardly fair to me.
Ah, brings back memories of Phillip Island ... must be karma!

Breakout weekend by James Moffat ... hope he goes on with it.

Lowndsey, back to his sublime best ... Look out Jamie.

And,finally, Tim Slade gets the reward for his efforts. He has been so impressive and so unlucky since Sandown last year. Deserves a win soon. Paul Morris you were WRONG again!
Old 22 Aug 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2946145)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... did anyone else notice the significant Devine Homes signage at the circuit at the weekend?

Or the number of grid girls around carrying Devine colours, trying to entice people to purchase a home from them for no deposit?

Is this an omen of things to come?

Could Queensland Raceway go the way of Oran Park and Amaroo Park, and be a not so nice place to visit, but you might be able to live there

It would explain an inability/reluctance to invest in the facility... why update it if a row of 50 square homes are going in later anyway!

Stranger things have happened....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Aug 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2944461)   #54
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winterbottom: FPR's performance was embarrassing

Quote:
ORRCON Steel FPR Falcon driver Mark Winterbottom has labeled his team’s performance at last weekend’s Coates Hire Ipswich 300 as “embarrassing” after the factory Ford team failed to have a car finish in the top half of the field in Sunday’s 65-lap Race 18 of the V8 Supercars Championship.

Winterbottom, who could only manage 19th in the race and now sits seventh in the championship, tweeted post-race to apologise to fans.

“That was embarrassing,” he tweeted.

“I’m sorry to every supporter who had to watch that. No grip whatsoever.

“I’m not embarrassed by how I drove just at how bad the car was. All of our FPR cars finished 19th onwards.

“It’s time to fix it now!”

The soft Dunlop tyres – used at Queensland Raceway and a range of other events on the 2011 schedule – have proven to be a major stumbling block for FPR all year.

They will not be in play for the L&H 500 at Phillip Island and Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, but Winterbottom does see light at the end of the tunnel for the team.

“I have full faith we will get there,” he said.

“It was one of those weekends where nothing went our way, so after our debrief we’ll look to the endurance races where we should be strong.

“Richo (co-driver Steve Richards) and I work really well together and we will have a new chassis for Phillip Island so things should be on the up.”

History shows that Winterbottom has been strong in the L&H 500 at Phillip Island too.

In 2008 he and Richards finished fourth, in 2009 they took pole position and finished third and last year, Winterbottom and Luke Youlden finished second.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 04:18 (Ref:2944918)   #55
padba05
Rookie

padba05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone got a link to the Dave Reynolds (funny) press conferance?
Old 24 Aug 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2946146)   #56
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... did anyone else notice the significant Devine Homes signage at the circuit at the weekend?

Or the number of grid girls around carrying Devine colours, trying to entice people to purchase a home from them for no deposit?

Is this an omen of things to come?

Could Queensland Raceway go the way of Oran Park and Amaroo Park, and be a not so nice place to visit, but you might be able to live there

:
As the entire Willowbank/QR precinct is zoned by the Ipswich Council as a dedicated motorsport facility, no.
Old 27 Aug 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2946751)   #57
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60 View Post
As the entire Willowbank/QR precinct is zoned by the Ipswich Council as a dedicated motorsport facility, no.
Exactly, it's a long way away from the extended Brisbane sprawl, and is thus hardly a candidate from any suburban housing development.

Clearly Lowndes had no problem with the track surface, and maybe its challenging state sorted out the difference between the real racers and the others.

One might be forgiven for thinking the harshest and most repetitive critics of the previously flood-devastated circuit might have had their stay there sponsored by a losing team.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 01:58 (Ref:2947025)   #58
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(V8 Xtra) In-car footage of JW vs RK @ 19.20

Hard to really see too much, but I guess they share the same confusion of why Mr Whincup didn't get a penalty. Seems like it's the usual "Where is the consistency?" question that came up throughout the weekend...
Old 28 Aug 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2947120)   #59
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it was safe to say from that footage JW was past the B Pillar...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 03:49 (Ref:2948092)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Calder is going to become a rally track.. QR could easily become one, without modification
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Aug 2011, 04:44 (Ref:2948101)   #61
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange to see one Rally take place at the same location...not relly a Rally.