Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jul 2011, 07:03 (Ref:2924929)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[FV8SC11-R04] Fujitsu Series Ipswich - 19-21 August

Mr Thompson to blow the field away again?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jul 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2925517)   #2
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know about that GTR, But if it is any like T/Ville could see some interesting tussle's between the top five and a few others. QR is not as it seems, a bit technical if you don't pick the right line thru all the turns.

Speed down a straight maybe great, but entering and exiting turns is the art to this course.

Thankfully no silly turn two,(T/Ville) but three and six can bite hard if you don't get it right.

looking forward to the racing. Hopefully a packed grid.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 22:48 (Ref:2925813)   #3
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hopefully Mr Percat and Mr Jane gang up WWF style on Mr Love Machine!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2933170)   #4
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see from AA that Miles Racing will be running 3 BFs, with the third being another ex T8 car formerly run by Howard Racing.

The article quotes Wayne Miles as saying he has a fourth chassis, being an FGm As these are a bit thin on the ground, anyone know which chassis this might be?

Ex DJR maybe?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 03:10 (Ref:2933698)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60 View Post
I see from AA that Miles Racing will be running 3 BFs, with the third being another ex T8 car formerly run by Howard Racing.

The article quotes Wayne Miles as saying he has a fourth chassis, being an FGm As these are a bit thin on the ground, anyone know which chassis this might be?

Ex DJR maybe?
The FG in question is the one Mr Johnson wrecked earlier in the year, the shell repaired at LVSR. Mr Miles made mention that it would take his team some time to get that chassis ready... which has me wondering if it is only the shell, with Miles Racing to fit it out
Old 2 Aug 2011, 06:38 (Ref:2934842)   #6
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Denyer to have a bit of practice at Ipswich
Old 10 Aug 2011, 03:47 (Ref:2937932)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

McGill New Sponsor
Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2939793)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
PMM New Livery for #67

Old 15 Aug 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2939856)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wjats with the sydney roosters connection

Is paul a fan, or is there some contra going on or cross promotion?
Old 15 Aug 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2939898)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Sargent Security has the security rights to the Easts home games I believe...
Old 15 Aug 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2939905)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFF FB Page
Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series

Todd Fiore will also be unveiling a new livery this weekend with the Fiore family owned company “LD Total” jumping on board for this round of the Championship.

LD Total is a family owned and operated company, and is one of Western Australia’s largest and most respected Landscaping Contractors, providing a full range of services including major commercial landscape construction, landscape architecture, comprehensive maintenance, residential and boutique landscape creations.

The Queensland round comes with good timing for LD Total who have just been through a companywide rebrand.

The new livery will see Todd Fiore’s #23 BF Falcon change from blue to black, white and green with LD Total taking up occupancy on both sides of the car. Todd’s ongoing sponsors of Sitech, Flexistaff and Allwest Turfing will also remain on the car.

“It is great to have another West Australian Company on board for this round. We have always had the family support behind the scenes, so it is good to have them at the forefront for this round,” Todd commented.

“The car looks great and the new LD Total scheme works really well.

“We had a strong test day a couple of weeks ago at Queensland Raceway so I am really looking forward to this weekend and racing at my test track. The team has worked tirelessly to get the car prepared for the race meeting after my incident in Townsville”.

The Fujitsu Series returns to Queensland Raceway this weekend for the 3rd round of the 2011 Championship.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2939906)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The FG in question is the one Mr Johnson wrecked earlier in the year, the shell repaired at LVSR. Mr Miles made mention that it would take his team some time to get that chassis ready... which has me wondering if it is only the shell, with Miles Racing to fit it out
MeN reports tonight that Mr Miles and his crew are busily fitting out the ex-DJR ex-888 FG shell (and thats all it was, as delivered..) with new bits, with the intention of running that car as a wildcard at Phillip Island and Bathurst!

The fallback position seems to be for the team to run one of its 3 BFs... but the team is reported as hopeful of getting the FG job done.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2941576)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Quote:
Sargent Security has the security rights to the Easts home games I believe...
PM and the Roosters are all a bunch of clowns?
Old 17 Aug 2011, 06:56 (Ref:2941984)   #14
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Denyer's KR Entry - #77

Old 18 Aug 2011, 05:56 (Ref:2942364)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 19 Aug 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2942748)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P1

The old bloke quickest, while the younger megastars went out again late in the session and couldn't knock him off!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2942753)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
28 cars, good size field, glad this series has come back
Old 19 Aug 2011, 05:24 (Ref:2942803)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P2

Mr Jones was quickest until the end of the session...
Old 20 Aug 2011, 00:19 (Ref:2943188)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q1

Surprise....
Old 20 Aug 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2943190)   #20
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Q1

Surprise....
Denyer could put that 888 car on Pole..... i think here we have a case of 95% car 5% driver.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2943191)   #21
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pole by half a second though is still pretty good, even in superior equipment
Old 20 Aug 2011, 00:54 (Ref:2943192)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The challenge for Mr Thompson seems to be in-pack racecraft... with a car as quick as this, you would imagine a trip from the back to the front should be childs play but somehow it isnt...

Wasnt particularly quick in the mother ship's #88 offering yesterday either..

Wonder how Mr Skaife might go in the development series car?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2943193)   #23
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The challenge for Mr Thompson seems to be in-pack racecraft... with a car as quick as this, you would imagine a trip from the back to the front should be childs play but somehow it isnt...

Wasnt particularly quick in the mother ship's #88 offering yesterday either..

Wonder how Mr Skaife might go in the development series car?
Wouldn't bother wondering, just mail him the title. He'd win by that much. He'd never driven a CupCar before this year, yet by the conclusion of his first day testing @ PI he was less than 0.3 behind Bairdo. So give him a chassis he knows well....... and he'd murder them.

Back to the Quali times........ and it seems by the times that Dave Russell's 6+ yr old BF is on it's last legs as a competitive chassis, as he's much better than those times indicate.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2943195)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The question is though, why would a modestly funded Fujitsu team pay top price for a current FG now, when they can wait til the end of 2012 when there will arguably be ~50 of them on the market for very little money?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 01:41 (Ref:2943202)   #25
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Denyer could put that 888 car on Pole..... i.
You reckon, 1.6secs is an awful lot of car!