Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jan 2001, 16:26 (Ref:56289)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is truly behind the mass defection of engineering staff at Jordan? Their results for last year were down compared to those of '99, but now they are in the pipeline for better equipe from Honda and it seems that most of the talented staff that helped to get them to this position are leaving now.

Is it just a case of Renault poaching in Eddie Jordan's yard or is it something inside the team?
Old 5 Jan 2001, 22:55 (Ref:56416)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This from Planet F1:

New identity for Jordan in 2001

January 5: Following its works engine deal with Honda Motor Company, Jordan Grand Prix will race under a new name in 2001
Jordan Grand Prix will race under a new name in the 2001 Formula One World Champlonship, Benson and Hedges Jordan Honda.
To reflect this new name, Jordan has introduced a new team logo as well as new Corporate ID, both of which took immediate effect on 1st January 2001.

--------

Hmmmm. No more Buzzin' Hornets???
Old 5 Jan 2001, 23:31 (Ref:56430)   #3
stubert
Rookie

stubert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had not heard about Jordan changing their name. I liked it better the way it was. I guess money talks.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 04:12 (Ref:56495)   #4
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't show you the new Jordan logo here because of copyright laws (it's for media use only) but if you go here you can take a look at it.

And about the mass defection, I think it's big money that's involved. Renault is probably giving offers no one can resist.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 05:11 (Ref:56502)   #5
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, well if I was part of an F1 team that dropped the ball on the scale that Jordan did, not only would I ditch the team, but I would also change the teams name! So, whither Jordan? Onward and upward with Honda? or in a downwards spiral after BAR has one or two successful seasons??
Old 13 Jan 2001, 17:55 (Ref:58305)   #6
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Employees like to work in a company that constantly upgrades its facilities. I 've read somewhere that Eddie Jordan make himself some 57 million pounds richer by selling part of his shares and the company was making handsome profits in 97 and 98, but there was no plans to build a new factory til late last year. And there's no news of a windtunnel yet. Engineers who are fed up with the management aren't willing to wait for that. On the other hand, BAR, Jaguar, Prost and newcomer Toyota are getting new premises or the old ones upgraded.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 07:57 (Ref:58405)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it al started with Mike Gascoine, after that he started contracting all the people he wanted to take with him to Renault, he even drafted his old Tyrell mate Steve Nielsen (not me ) , but Jordan seems to have a real problem, the designer they had in mind to replace Gascoine, Eghbal Hamidy, stil has a running contract with Arrows for one and a half year, and Tom Walkinshaw 'does'nt want to let him out of his contract.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 13:58 (Ref:58426)   #8
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not understand what you are all on about! Virtually all teams change the name that they enter under every year! Jordans's offically entry last year was Benson & Hedges Jordan...not Joran Grand Prix.. Even Ferrai has been entered as every name under the sun. Whta's all the fuss about?

Colin Chapman... this is all YOUR fault!
Old 14 Jan 2001, 17:11 (Ref:58448)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's not really dead, you know.

Everyone changes jobs frequently these days. Five years is a lifetime in even an average job, far less a job so technologically driven as F1. Most of us know that to get the big money, you have to change jobs; and many times the new employer will offer extra enticements that your present employer won't match. Not abnormal at all, just that we notice when there are several from one location. If Renault has a BAR type first year, the defections will be legion there too.