Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3352224)   #76
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Alf venderson Eddy
Is he any relation of Alf Garnett ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jan 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3352315)   #77
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alf venderson Eddy
Pretty close Iain.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3352358)   #78
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Funny how things change my dad was very strict with us and as kids we were not alowed to watch Alf Garnett . You silly moo
Old 10 Jan 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3352399)   #79
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Just treated myself and bought a nice new Sealy Supermig 180, couldn't believe how heavy it is looks a nice bit of kit. Also bought a Sealy grit blaster with soda blasting attachment as was going to have project Penske IROC dipped till I saw the price (2k with the coating plus a lot of hassle and leaching out of chemicals) so soldiering on with wire brushes in 4 inch angle grinder and hope to blast the areas I cannot get to.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3352405)   #80
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Also bought a Sealy grit blaster with soda blasting attachment
Eric will be able to give you some good advice on soda blasting, it'll go along the lines of "DON'T ****ING DO IT"
Old 10 Jan 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3352414)   #81
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Funny how things change my dad was very strict with us and as kids we were not alowed to watch Alf Garnett . You silly moo
Me too, Iain. And On the Buses, they thought it was too common!
Old 10 Jan 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3352521)   #82
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just thinking what an amazing age we live in. Am sitting in comfy chair (with cold beer naturally) watching Dubai 24hrs live with commentary by RLM, and then switching to the live timing screen for extra info. All on this skinny pad thing on my lap....

Hardly need to leave armchair nowadays!

Old 10 Jan 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3352522)   #83
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Eric will be able to give you some good advice on soda blasting, it'll go along the lines of "DON'T ****ING DO IT"
Certainly don't do it in the workshop- unless you like everything covered in white powder!

Old 10 Jan 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3352560)   #84
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
All on this skinny pad thing on my lap....

Ah you get on those virtual sex sites as well !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jan 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3352564)   #85
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Cold beer Mike we are supposed to be in training for the Spa 6 hour , I've not touched a drop since Jan 1st
Old 10 Jan 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3352574)   #86
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just thinking what an amazing age we live in. Am sitting in comfy chair (with cold beer naturally) watching Dubai 24hrs live with commentary by RLM, and then switching to the live timing screen for extra info. All on this skinny pad thing on my lap....

I suppose that's OK for those that can afford an armchair ....
Old 10 Jan 2014, 20:29 (Ref:3352575)   #87
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cold beer Mike we are supposed to be in training for the Spa 6 hour , I've not touched a drop since Jan 1st
That's 8-months away Iain - very keen!
Old 10 Jan 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3352576)   #88
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Ah you get on those virtual sex sites as well !
But don't you need a 12 inch screen (minimum) to properly appreciate those?
Old 10 Jan 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3352579)   #89
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
That's 8-months away Iain - very keen!
S'funny. Out for dinner with the kids last night and they seem to be doing the same.

I don't think I have any brewery or booze related shares in my pathetically small portfolio ... but I feel I should check.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3352586)   #90
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
My dad always reckoned that once he'd tuned the car all he could, half a bottle of red wine at the sprint was "driver tuning".
Old 10 Jan 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3352591)   #91
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
But how much did you consume before that? Anyway, it's only 6.3% and was from a batch getting close to the "use by" date. That's my excuse.

Only a dozen or so bottles to go......

Old 10 Jan 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3352598)   #92
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
But how much did you consume before that? Anyway, it's only 6.3% and was from a batch getting close to the "use by" date. That's my excuse.

Only a dozen or so bottles to go......

Should be done by Monday breakfast then Mike?

Use the last bottle for a Full English 'sauce' I would think. (Unless the stuff is from off-shore Europe of course. In which case - well, tricky to know what to do with it.

Old 10 Jan 2014, 23:19 (Ref:3352640)   #93
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click image for larger version

Name:	09092009(008).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	372.3 KB
ID:	41908

Name:	09092009.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	41909

Name:	09092009(006).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	41910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I decided to have my house soda blasted, plus the whole neighbourhood and cars and plants and all the seals in my double glazing plus I had part of my Mk1 soda blasted, was not pleased and had it acid dipped, much better and superior but Gary at Retrosport still has the burn marks left over from the soda blasting on the shell when he carried out a little bit of welding for me.
I think Tim has a point!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11 Jan 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3352848)   #94
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sitting in front of the pc a few minutes ago and an email arrives from my daughter..

"Can you and mum read my dissertation to check for grammar and see if it all makes sense?"

Here's a brief passage...

Parasympathetic signals are sent via the vagus nerve from the inhibitory centre of the medulla oblongata to decrease the HR through the release of acetyl choline. Acetyl choline acts on muscarinic receptors of the sinoatrial node of the heart, slowing the... etc. etc. etc.

Umm...

Iain?!!!...

Help!!!!!!
Old 11 Jan 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3352855)   #95
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Al, easy mate . Espealodosios
Old 11 Jan 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3352863)   #96
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Sitting in front of the pc a few minutes ago and an email arrives from my daughter..

"Can you and mum read my dissertation to check for grammar and see if it all makes sense?"

Here's a brief passage...

Parasympathetic signals are sent via the vagus nerve from the inhibitory centre of the medulla oblongata to decrease the HR through the release of acetyl choline. Acetyl choline acts on muscarinic receptors of the sinoatrial node of the heart, slowing the... etc. etc. etc.

Umm...

Iain?!!!...

Help!!!!!!
Looks OK to me, she must have a grade A English A level anyway as I assume she's at med school. We had to proof read some of our daughter's stuff and looking at that it's still gobbledygook.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3352866)   #97
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Parasympathetic signals are sent via the vagus nerve from the inhibitory centre of the medulla oblongata to decrease the HR through the release of acetyl choline. Acetyl choline acts on muscarinic receptors of the sinoatrial node of the heart, slowing the...
I think you might find that acetyl choline (sic) is actually one word.... it's amazing the things you have to know to get a degree in Mechanical Engineering these days!
Old 11 Jan 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3352876)   #98
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
That's supercalafragalisticexpialadoshsus
Old 11 Jan 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3352877)   #99
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
In other words keep taking the pills
Old 11 Jan 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3352889)   #100
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Never mind all that, Iv'e got this app for looking at the stars on my phone. Its a lovely clear night and me and Delta dog "Mylo" star gazing up the park. Only trouble is I have cant read the blooming letters.
Closed Thread