Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:22 (Ref:3391333)   #101
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shocking results in Prototype. No one would have predicted this.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3391334)   #102
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-One thing I miss about ALMS: qualifying being televised. Come on folks get that going. A still shot on the track does not cut it.

-GTLM qualifying seems like was very interesting. Who would have thought leading car (Corvette) would get into the 17's. Right on the tail of the HPD LMP2 cars.

-Errr yeah...I think the DP cars needs to have their horsepower cut back some. I bet that Oak, ESM, and Muscle Milk are going to put the utimatim to IMSA next week. BoP the DP's or we are out,
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3391335)   #103
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
First P2 .35 back...then the rest.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3391336)   #104
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Pruett on pole for tomorrow, Ozz Negr(eeeeeeee) (MRN reference ) in 2nd.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:27 (Ref:3391337)   #105
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'll catch this one on YouTube if something interesting happens. I don't have the desire to watch a small field and a DP win.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:28 (Ref:3391338)   #106
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pla fails to meet the 100.4% cutoff!
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:29 (Ref:3391339)   #107
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I think I'll catch this one on YouTube if something interesting happens. I don't have the desire to watch a small field and a DP win.
Even worse a Ford winning. Well the GTLM race will be worth watching of course. Maybe the class winner can get to the top five overall too. Most importantly lets hope for a clean full course yellow free race.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3391341)   #108
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Pla better than expected, rest of P2s kind of... meh. Oh well, GTLM will be good. Not wishing to snowball the complaining further, but that was not a productive session for SRT. They seem to be getting consistently worse ever since Daytona!
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:42 (Ref:3391342)   #109
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Pla being up where he is means it's not completely the BoP being off.

Better prepared teams in the DP side of things, aside from Oak.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3391343)   #110
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

That's what I'm thinking. However, Pla is arguably one of the fastest drivers in the world, whereas Pruett is 54 and Barbosa is edging 40. Not that this discounts from their driving ability, but when I hear those names I can't help but think Pla should be edging them a little bit, which is not happening. It would have been interesting to see where Muscle Milk would've placed.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:50 (Ref:3391344)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

The hpd package, the tires, etc could also be a factor in p2/do split.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:56 (Ref:3391347)   #112
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The hpd package, the tires, etc could also be a factor in p2/do split.
The HPD package is becoming a bit antiquated to some of the newer technology out there. Luckily, they'll be updating it for 2015.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=26777
Old 12 Apr 2014, 02:19 (Ref:3391353)   #113
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
...I bet that Oak, ESM, and Muscle Milk are going to put the utimatim to IMSA next week. BoP the DP's or we are out,
OAK never ran a full season in ALMS, and MM never committed to a full season (and aren't at Long Beach); so how do you think this ultimatum thing is going to work out?
Old 12 Apr 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3391354)   #114
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Pla better than expected, rest of P2s kind of... meh. Oh well, GTLM will be good. Not wishing to snowball the complaining further, but that was not a productive session for SRT. They seem to be getting consistently worse ever since Daytona!
Viper does seem off pace, but the same happened at Sebring and we saw how that turned out. Maybe they want some bop?
Old 12 Apr 2014, 02:24 (Ref:3391356)   #115
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. However, Pla is arguably one of the fastest drivers in the world, whereas Pruett is 54 and Barbosa is edging 40. Not that this discounts from their driving ability, but when I hear those names I can't help but think Pla should be edging them a little bit, which is not happening. It would have been interesting to see where Muscle Milk would've placed.
Oak isn't anything like a Ganassi or Pratt & Miller though.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 02:49 (Ref:3391359)   #116
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Oak isn't anything like a Ganassi or Pratt & Miller though.
I beg to differ...
Old 12 Apr 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3391363)   #117
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
Quote:
The HPD package is becoming a bit antiquated to some of the newer technology out there. Luckily, they'll be updating it for 2015.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=26777
I'm curious about something. Do the suffixes after the ARX-03 indicate updates or complete new chassis?
Old 12 Apr 2014, 03:08 (Ref:3391364)   #118
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
03a is first LMP1 ver
03b is lmp2 ver
03c is second lmp1 ver
Old 12 Apr 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3391399)   #119
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
OAK never ran a full season in ALMS, and MM never committed to a full season (and aren't at Long Beach); so how do you think this ultimatum thing is going to work out?
Well, no Patron is no money.

No Oak means no new P2's from them

MM being the vets they are says something.....

The point is that it all points to a very untenable relationship with the sporting body. No new team shows up when all others are leaving. Simple logic really.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 12 Apr 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3391411)   #120
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Especially since ESM almost got gobbled up by the top GTLM-runners... surely, slowing all prototypes down to that level can't be the answer.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3391438)   #121
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dalziel did bring out a red flag, stopping on course, so his qualifying isn't necessarily representative of anything, and that may have hurt the other P2 tires warming up as well.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3391439)   #122
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Especially since ESM almost got gobbled up by the top GTLM-runners... surely, slowing all prototypes down to that level can't be the answer.

Just shows that grunt counts most on this course. Point 'n squirt.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 13:23 (Ref:3391455)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never thought prototype sports cars belonged on tight street circuits anyways; this should have been a GT only round IMO. Alas, we have what we have and I am looking forward a good grilled burger, a cold beer and FS1 showing Untied Sportscar Series Racing on my TV, cause I don't have some crappy dish provider that can't keep their programming straight.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3391462)   #124
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
When I consider that some of the 10-odd DPs that are missing since last year (2 8 Star, 2 Starworks, 2 Sahlens, Doran, 2nd MSR…) because they didn’t want to shell out for the upgrades; I sometimes wonder why they didn’t just slap a smaller restrictor on the P2s. I have to remind myself that Nascar probably valued the GT class more than P cars.

The reality in the US is that you will likely attract more new fans with doorslammers/silhouette/GT cars than you will with prototypes.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3391496)   #125
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
When I consider that some of the 10-odd DPs that are missing since last year (2 8 Star, 2 Starworks, 2 Sahlens, Doran, 2nd MSR…) because they didn’t want to shell out for the upgrades;
It's not the upgrades.....a huge amount of it was unknown rules and lack of info. Lack of info leads to lack of money, lack of money leads to fewer entries.

Quote:
I sometimes wonder why they didn’t just slap a smaller restrictor on the P2s.
This is a ridiculous statement. They did. How small do you want it?

Quote:
I have to remind myself that Nascar probably valued the GT class more than P cars.
Probably?? LOL. Did. They assumed porting the GTE class into Grand Am 2.0 would improve their product significantly. What they refuse to acknowledge is that nobody wants the DP, NASCAR rules or mindset, or spec anything. Microsoft, and Apple didn't approve the Grand Am 2.0 update, they wanted to leave it with 1.0----and few, if any of us fans wanted the update either...it's way too buggy, and the audio quality is horrendous. They did some weird southern thing with Hindaugh.

Quote:
The reality in the US is that you will likely attract more new fans with doorslammers/silhouette/GT cars than you will with prototypes.
NASCAR does the crashing thing....I assume that's what "doorslammers" are.

Silhouettes are fine when done right, though, I much prefer GT3, another missed boat by the no-brains trust at TUSC.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”