Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2301099)   #1
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Meeting - Donington 4/5th Oct

Hi.

Does anybody know the timetable for this meeting? I have tried the HSCC site, but they have nothing. Neither does the circuit.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:01 (Ref:2301105)   #2
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some info on the marshal's forum, including link to Group C entry list, but no timetable:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110100
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2301109)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes I have a timetable which race do you need to know?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2301147)   #4
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can tell you the Classic Racing cars are early on Saturday morning, race lunchtime... we're camping on Friday - anyone else?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2301165)   #5
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here you go, full timetable.

http://www.groupcracing.com/attachme.../Timetable.pdf
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2301168)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
nice late start on Sunday for us but I dread to think what state the track will be in for the last race of the card!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2301276)   #7
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't think track condition will be a consideration, forecast looks like it will take care of that......

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Derby-UKXX0040
Old 30 Sep 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2301368)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Going tomorrow night and staying till Sunday.Might have Monday off cuz im knackard.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2301457)   #9
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just shows how much weather forecasters agree with each other:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1632

My guess is a light dusting of rain, enough to give that usual delightfully greasy emulsion on the surface of the tarmac (I'm there on Sat & Sun, racing in HRS and GTSCC).

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Don't think track condition will be a consideration, forecast looks like it will take care of that......

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Derby-UKXX0040
Old 1 Oct 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2301756)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

well they both have showers..... hhmmm better put some insurance on it
Old 4 Oct 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2304310)   #11
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It rained hard this morning but then dried out very rapidly for the GTSCC qualifying session. Afterwards the wind really began to blow hard and got under poor old Keith Ahlers' awning, tipping the racebox up on to two wheels and with the awning then wrapping itself over the top of the neighbouring transporter. When we left the hospitality truck awning was being partially dismantled as the caterers were also having huge problems with the weather. (I nearly said "with the wind getting up in the marquee" which would have created entirely the wrong impression).

The forecast for tomorrow is horrendous up to about 2pm.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2304860)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Mr Drabbles value of Merlyn Mk 6 has presumably now risen

Did S H spin and still won in F5000?
Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2304979)   #13
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John

No spin for simon as far as i know, as usual a comfortable victory, maybe he could enlighten us how its done!!

Were you there? Saw Gareth in the B40 going well. Lovely car.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2304992)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
No- Much to cold for me.AVDK winning a race with a lot of help from his friends.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2305035)   #15
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Errrrr.....

Apologies. Despite apocalyptic warnings as per my earlier post: the CMC awning was taken down, not Simon Hadfield's nor the caterer's.

GTSCC race started in greasy drizzle, ended in bright sunshine with no grip either way.

Great stuff- had a tremendous dice with Gerry in the "opposition" TR4, then took over the Cooper-Jag from "Topsy" Turvey and had a great run to the finish.

Superb driving standards throughout- the pessimistic messages from the PA at 11.30ish had us assuming that we might not get a race because of the truly horrendous weather.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 04:29 (Ref:2305105)   #16
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just looking at the results this morning and it seems a lot of the cars in GTSCC are classified as Invitation Class rather than GT classes. Any ideas why?
Old 6 Oct 2008, 04:30 (Ref:2305106)   #17
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Results are here, go to page 93 for GTSCC.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/hscc/2008/84056.pdf

Quite incredible to see only 1 car not finishing after 60 minutes - well done all!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 06:59 (Ref:2305131)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

Yesterday's weather was a game of two half's - horrid in the morning and by the time my race came around at 5.30pm te sun was shining and the track dry! Gareth did a good job peddling JR's old Merlyn to victory over the B8's. HAving timed our driver change with amzing poor fortune (I came into the pits behind the safety car!) we were never going to be front runners but 12th out of 37 worked for a slow driver like me! Great race and another well executed day from HSCC.... BTW there were whispers around the paddock that they might put a second 3 hour race at Silverstone Int Meeting for saloons and guards trophy cars into the twilight next year... so lobbby and we might be lucky!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:21 (Ref:2305139)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see a Merlyn win, even though it wasn't yours, Simon. What happened to Stuart Tizzard's Lenham Spyder? Would have expected to see that much higher than 7th.

As it's a double-header, a 3 hour race on the Saturday evening of the Silverstone International makes a lot of sense (No, I have no inside info. on this), but would you be happy mixing the saloons with the Guards Trophy cars?
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2305142)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

it worked for many years at Spa in the 6 Hour - in fact the only reason sportracers were banned is because the GT40 and Cobra's said they would not race with us and they are more impressive draw... Of course the Chevrons etc are invitation so if enough "proper" cars come they dont get the nod
Old 6 Oct 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2305190)   #21
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No didnt spin, rear wheel drive pins sheared coming into the chicane for the last time, no brakes on one wheel got my attention for a moment and then with no drive to that wheel I pulled straight into the pitlane to take the flag on the wrong side of the wall (!)
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:12 (Ref:2305206)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice one, Simon (H)! A bit Chapmanesque though with components failing at the end of the race!

Simon (D), slightly confused by your post, since GT40s and Cobras aren't saloon cars! Can you elaborate a bit more?
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2305212)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

I meant that sports racers and saloons raced together without problems but the GT40's and Cobra's complained that we were too quick and that they woudl not put entries in if we were allowed and clearly the GT40's are a beter draw to a grid so there we have it!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2305213)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
So when you say 'we' you are referring to saloons - remember, I think of you as a Merlyn driver, thus my confusion!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2305229)   #25
simon drabble
Veteran

no no no I mean in my capacity as a Merlyn sports racer driver!! up until 2005 sports racers were allowed into the 6 Hour race but after that just GT's and Saloons and GT40's. Hopefully the HSCC will run a race as per Spa pre 2005. The point I was making about the Chevrons was that they are allowed into Guards Trophy as an invitation so if enough eligible cars entered they would not get the nod...