Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 16 Mar 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1868381)   #1
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overalls will be COMPULSORY in the pit lane for Le Mans

Today from the ACO

For the next test day and the “24 Hours” week, the wearing of overalls will be COMPULSORY in the pit lane (plus the accreditive bib which gives access to this area)

However, please note that the simple wearing of overalls will not systematically give access to the pit lane and only the Press and Communication Department may decide to whom an accreditive bib is to be granted.

NB:
The overalls must meet the following criteria:
- Each person accredited for the pit lane must procure this garment which will not be supplied by the ACO.
- These overalls must offer a real degree of protection: anything from a minimum of 100% cotton (flame-proof) to a greater degree of protection against fire (Norm N°8856 2000).
- This garment, plain and light coloured (white, beige, light grey), must not bear any publicity, logos, brand-names, etc.

Failure to respect any of these criteria may lead to the withdrawal of this pit lane accreditation.
Old 16 Mar 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1868578)   #2
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That'll keep you nice and toasty. I suppose it's sensible though. Do you think it'll be applied at other circuits?
Old 17 Mar 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1869060)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somewhat inevitable really, it did sometimes turn into a dangerous zoo down there at times. I just looked thru my take over the years and i think i've only ever managed about three half decent pictures from pitlane, so i think i'll pass on the overalls and (hopefully) stick to t-shirt and shorts out on the circuit!
Old 17 Mar 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1869102)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Having never been to Le Mans I'm little surprised there weren't already compulsory. I thought FIA GTs have required fireproofs in the pit lane for some time.
Old 17 Mar 2007, 14:10 (Ref:1869150)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Having never been to Le Mans I'm little surprised there weren't already compulsory. I thought FIA GTs have required fireproofs in the pit lane for some time.
the only rule i believe they have is a "no shorts" rule, which i've never seen enforced...although i wasn't there last year so perhaps this is a new tightening up of procedures. perhaps someone who was there last year can enlighten us if there was any sort of problem?

i personally don't i've ever taken a good snap down there as you're very concious of being involved in an incident, or worse still causing an incident. le mans is unique in being an eight mile circuit using quite a bit of french route nationales, so i think to myself whats the point in shooting the one bit that could be anywhere. don't get me wrong, its nice that you can shoot down there, but a pitlane is a pitlane is a pitlane, and not really what people want to see when they think of le mans. imho of course.

Last edited by kdr; 17 Mar 2007 at 14:16.
Old 17 Mar 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1869281)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a good idea, will be fun in the middle of a hot day though!
Old 17 Mar 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1869335)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
bit sweaty for those of us who spend our time between the pits and press room. I'd like more guidance on the standards required - does anyone know where I can find some white probans?
Old 23 Mar 2007, 00:24 (Ref:1874128)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just spotted this thread which may help some.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1874274)   #9
PaulCherry
Racer

PaulCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just added this to the other thread
http://www.advanced-wear.co.uk/p_probana.htm
Old 23 Mar 2007, 08:11 (Ref:1874289)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy Snappers plan I think is to identify some white probans and then contact the ACO to confirm that, given their slightly vague wording, these will be sufficient.

They seem to fit the bill though...
Old 23 Mar 2007, 16:07 (Ref:1874578)   #11
badgerbaiter
Racer

badgerbaiter has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
the only rule i believe they have is a "no shorts" rule, which i've never seen enforced...
last year i got sent away by the nice security man after he politely told me to get my pantaloons on
the irony was that i wasnt going to the pits i was going the other way, but after a very confused discussion i thought it was easier to go get my pantaloons
Old 23 Mar 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1874759)   #12
kdr
Veteran

does it specify overalls just in pitlane, or on pitwall also?
Old 23 Mar 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1874774)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would presume both given the location of the pitwall...?
Old 23 Mar 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1874820)   #14
kdr
Veteran

nomex it is then...
Old 24 Mar 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1875103)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well the e-mail says cotton or better but must be flame resistant.
Old 24 Mar 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1875104)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
In that case Proban should suffice and a set of overalls from AWS costs about £50
Old 24 Mar 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1875323)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
However, would you get penalised as they say no branding...AWS ones would have the logo on them.
Old 24 Mar 2007, 22:53 (Ref:1875326)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Not if you ask them to make them without
Old 24 Mar 2007, 23:13 (Ref:1875344)   #19
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Point well made
Old 24 Mar 2007, 23:15 (Ref:1875345)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Off to bed with you!

Old 30 Mar 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1879778)   #21
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
For any snappers that could be intersted I'm talking to AWS re removing their logo, I will post an update when I get one.

I spoke to the ACO yesterday they will inspect the "overalls" in the media office after collecting passess etc from the welcome centre.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1879827)   #22
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
For any snappers that could be intersted I'm talking to AWS re removing their logo, I will post an update when I get one.

I spoke to the ACO yesterday they will inspect the "overalls" in the media office after collecting passess etc from the welcome centre.
Ohhh I get it, I can see you all now, lined up in your shiny white overalls for the cute girls from the press room to inspect you. No wonder you're so keen
Old 30 Mar 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1880031)   #23
Piglet
Veteran

Happy Snapper has spoken to AWS who have said that they can remove their logo, if it's done on an individual basis they will make a charge for this but if there is a "job lot" they will do it as a freebie. I don't think they've said what they consider a job lot but if you're interested in buying from AWS it would be helpful if you could post so we can establish numbers.

Their normal Probans are £59 (+ VAT).

If you know anyone else who is buying it might be helpful to point them here so we can put a decent sized order together.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 07:38 (Ref:1893597)   #24
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
If any of you are planning to order from AWS they need the order this week or you may not receive them before Le Mans.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 11:06 (Ref:1893737)   #25
500mm
Rookie

500mm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Firesuits

A word to the wise..........following the fire in the pits at Monza.......there may be changes to the specification of protective clothing to be worn in the pitlane....nothing definite but in talking with ACO officials afterwards it is clear that they are thinking of increasing the security......ie 2 or 3 layer suits for everyone..........and also cutting the numbers of media with access to the pits when cars are on track............I would support both moves. I suspect that the rules will apply to LMS races in the future

I will see if I can get more details.