Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Jul 2007, 20:51 (Ref:1967822)   #1
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands 750MC 28/29 July

Finally got everything together to sent out the instructions/tickets for this meeting.

A Vee festival with UK, German, Irish and historic vees peppered with Stock Hatch, SR & GT and MR"s on Saturday and Kits, Golfs and MGs on Sunday
Old 20 Jul 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1968357)   #2
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Peter, I shall be at Croix with BRSCC_SE.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 07:28 (Ref:1968872)   #3
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Peter,

Many thanks for sending the instruction/ticket, unfortunately I am at Silverstone with HSCC. will pop it back in the post to you

take care
Claire
Old 21 Jul 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1969199)   #4
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Peter, I will also be at Croix. But hope you have a good turnout.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 16:44 (Ref:1970246)   #5
tbg63
Rookie

United Kingdom
Camberley, Surrey
tbg63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
Finally got everything together to sent out the instructions/tickets for this meeting.

A Vee festival with UK, German, Irish and historic vees peppered with Stock Hatch, SR & GT and MR"s on Saturday and Kits, Golfs and MGs on Sunday

Hi Peter,

Got my tickets and thanks. This is my first visit to Brands so after a bit of advice re: camping.

Can I arrive on the Friday night?
Can I Park near the tent? (need the power off my car for my air bed - soft I know but hey!!!)
Is there a specific marhsal's camping area?
Do I bring the drink or is it free? (well, one can live in hope )
Can anyone offer any advice?

Does anyone want a lift from Camberley to Brands??

Terry
Old 22 Jul 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1970568)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ring Brands Hatch for the answers to your questions.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 08:01 (Ref:1975608)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
A big thanks to all the marshals on Saturday. I hope you enjoyed the SRGT race and as usual I think you were kept busy with the Stock Hatches, the outer paddock looked like a breakers yard in places.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 08:22 (Ref:1975612)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I saw 4 in the gravel at Paddock Hill late yesterday afternoon!

Nice and sunny this morning and ready for more action!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 21:35 (Ref:1975987)   #9
NJF
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
NJF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend, no rain and WARM!! Awesome racing, brilliant people to work with, fab parades. Congratulations to British Formula Vee - 40th year.
Rescue and recovery certainly earnt their corn - 18 RED FLAGS!!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1975989)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From all in Race Control. many, many thanks to the Ladies & Gents that made it happen, superb marshalling all round, nothing at all to the drivers who caused the reds!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1976006)   #11
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of Saturday's action is on www.snappyracers.com/album/Brands280707 peeps. Should keep you entertained for a little while
Old 30 Jul 2007, 11:08 (Ref:1976281)   #12
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Being "a bit" short of marshals and with a tight timetable, we should have been in trouble. Everyone worked hard and we could have been finished early on both days except for 18 red flags (and a gridding problem after lunch on Saturday.
I hope the shorter lunch break on Sunday wasn't too much of a problem and that the exciting racing made up for all this.

Thanks everone for not complaining about a very busy weekend everywhere.

PS Roger A did eventually get a raffle prize on Sunday
Old 30 Jul 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1976679)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I popped into Race Control and was amazed at how busy it all was there! I'm wondering if I'm a bit of a magnet though as where ever I went on Sunday carnage followed
Old 30 Jul 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1976682)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
By the way, I have an e-mail from the driver 9of car 57 who was on his roof at Druids, thanking the marshals and medical staff. I will post it tomorrow and send you a copy Peter.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1976729)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3 Vee championships & stock hatch and you are suprised it was busy??
Old 31 Jul 2007, 00:04 (Ref:1976795)   #16
tbg63
Rookie

United Kingdom
Camberley, Surrey
tbg63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
and a gridding problem after lunch on Saturday.

It wasn't OUR fault It seems these drivers are only interested in going forwards, sadly many of them wanted to start their journey from further forward than they were entitled, cars 1 - 4 gridded okay - cars 5 - 32 all needed to roll back about a mile

Ah well, we got there in the end, although if the commentator really wanted to know "how hard is it to form up a grid?" maybe he could have come and helped us push the cars back again - just a thought

Oh and is the little used chequered flag still for sale???
Old 31 Jul 2007, 07:11 (Ref:1976900)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen ,I would like via Internet to thank you for helping my wife during the incident today ,also the medical staff overseeing me during the period after the incident.

To the Marshals at that post would like to thank you, as my two Daughters Nicola & Abigail also Nicola's boyfriend ,who were attending for the first time to watch Motor racing .

One marshal in particular kept Nicola informed at the scene exactly what was going on .Sorry don't know who you were ,but you were great .

Also the two guys talking to me while I was upside down .I'm sure you would say all was OK & in control ,but believe me when I smelt petrol it could have gone wrong .I accept the risk ,but you guys were putting yourselves in danger to save me .THANK YOU.
Those two words seem a bit thin for what you guys & girls did .You were /are so good at what you do ,you should be PROUD & we competitors/families are very,very grateful

Thank You.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1977463)   #18
FilW
Racer

FilW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbg63

It wasn't OUR fault It seems these drivers are only interested in going forwards, sadly many of them wanted to start their journey from further forward than they were entitled, cars 1 - 4 gridded okay - cars 5 - 32 all needed to roll back about a mile
According to race control, when I went to find out what had happened, I was told the grid sheet had been miss read and we were formed up 2 by 2 instead off staggered. The biggest problem for us, the drivers, especially at the back of the grid is the inability to see the boards being displayed on the start line. We had no idea the start delayed board had been displayed and were left with aircooled engines running. The Marshals stopped gridding up way before the back and I was supposed to be last on the grid but had a car behind me and three empty grids slots in front of me. When I finally got the attention of a Marshal to see if I was in my grid slot I was told "you might be"!! As it was my car died before the end of the second green flag lap so I never actually took the start!!

To say it was the drivers fault is a bit much.

Don't get me wrong, I think the marshals do a fantastic job, and I should know, but the gridding up was shambolic.

Thankyou to all those at Druids on Sunday who looked after me after I buried it into the tyres at Druids when my throttle jammed, I was a bit winded which I why I couldn't talk properly, and I'm now a bit stiff! And to whoever calmed my wife down after she ran from the grandstand up to Druids, arriving just as I'm lifted out on a spinal board, a big thankyou too!!
Vee No 68.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 17:37 (Ref:1977468)   #19
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Phil...nice to see things were all normal at the weekend and you managed to keep the car on track!!!
Old 31 Jul 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1977567)   #20
FilW
Racer

FilW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Phil...nice to see things were all normal at the weekend and you managed to keep the car on track!!!
Thanks Chezza

As weekends go it ranks right down there with Snet 2005 and another tyre wall incident!!

Old 1 Aug 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1977974)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When did you find the wall?! Debs said nothing when I got there on Sunday night! Presume you got out for the second allcomers race then?

Anyway, the gridding for the heat on the Saturday was a bit of a mess but I think it was a combination of drivers and marshals - as Phil said the drivers at the back didn't know what was going on, and a couple of guys dropped out in the race due to oil pressure issues which were probably caused by not realising or being able to see the start delayed board - I never saw it and was pretty much in line with Phil [who I could hear shouting to try and get the marshals attention!].
Old 1 Aug 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1978172)   #22
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Don't let the gridding issue overshadow a good meeting.
There was some confusion about the grid and, I should have noticed it was going wrong a bit quicker. Once cars are too far forward, its a knightmare to correct and not the drivers fault.
It was only 20 minutes of problem in a weekend of good racing and we didn't finish too late.

Thanks everyone
Old 1 Aug 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1978196)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well said Peter!

It was nice to see the driver of car 57 write to express his thanks to the marshals and medical team. No-one seems to have commented on that, and in my opinion that is far more important!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1978911)   #24
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was racing one of the irish vee's over the weekend there and I want to say a big thanks to all the marshals. I only had one off into the gravel at druids during the allcomers heat and thankfully I went far enough in to cause a yellow not a red.
I got out pretty anoyed at myself for chucking it off, jumped out and got behind a barrier quickly and the marshal there was brilliant, made eye contact and asked if I was ok and then left me alone to calm down and let the adreneline run off. Heard nothing but good stories all weekend so big thanks as always. Look forward to racing in the UK again.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 14:16 (Ref:1979090)   #25
gaiters
Rookie

United Kingdom
Haddenham
gaiters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What a great team on post 5 .All the incidents on sunday were handled with great professionalism.It is nice to hear positive comments from drivers for the work done by the incident marshals and rescue unit.
Thanks for all your help