Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jan 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3350660)   #126
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brilliant news, they will be contenders if they get to grips with the car soon. And that Oreca looks great in Muscle Milk colours.
Old 6 Jan 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3350955)   #127
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit vague but another possible entrant for this year. American team, two European drivers, one U.S.

If it's anything like the effort delivered by DKR last year it belongs on the reserve list at best. But let's see:

http://sportscar365.com/elms/u-s-tea...-lmp2-program/
Old 6 Jan 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3350978)   #128
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A bit vague but another possible entrant for this year. American team, two European drivers, one U.S.

If it's anything like the effort delivered by DKR last year it belongs on the reserve list at best. But let's see:

http://sportscar365.com/elms/u-s-tea...-lmp2-program/
Cool news.
Old 7 Jan 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3351116)   #129
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dempsey Racing is set to enter a Proton 997 again this year, if budget allows. "Foster said it would be with the same 2012-spec Porsche 911 GT3 RSR", but actually they picked a 2011-spec car the last time. So it could be either the same 2011 chassis or Proton's 2012 wide-body chassis.

I just wonder if they may loan a 991 from their TUSC neighbour Porsche NA.

Also there's another TUSC team aiming at racing Lemans

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ro...kend-notebook/
Old 7 Jan 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3351180)   #130
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
Dempsey Racing is set to enter a Proton 997 again this year, if budget allows. "Foster said it would be with the same 2012-spec Porsche 911 GT3 RSR", but actually they picked a 2011-spec car the last time. So it could be either the same 2011 chassis or Proton's 2012 wide-body chassis.

I just wonder if they may loan a 991 from their TUSC neighbour Porsche NA.

Also there's another TUSC team aiming at racing Lemans

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ro...kend-notebook/
Cool.
Old 7 Jan 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3351382)   #131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be good to see Dempsey back. Didn't think I'd find myself saying that but last year they proved they are legit contenders.

I don't see them going for a 991, especially if budget is an issue. With Proton they essentially have a turnkey operation both Patrick and Joe can step into. They wouldn't even need to go to test day.
Old 8 Jan 2014, 03:49 (Ref:3351440)   #132
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Would be good to see Dempsey back. Didn't think I'd find myself saying that but last year they proved they are legit contenders.

I don't see them going for a 991, especially if budget is an issue. With Proton they essentially have a turnkey operation both Patrick and Joe can step into. They wouldn't even need to go to test day.
So you're saying Proton will be running a 2nd GTE-Am car at Le Mans with Dempsey, Foster, and ? as drivers, alongside their full-season FIA WEC 991?

Sounds plausible to me.
Old 8 Jan 2014, 05:18 (Ref:3351450)   #133
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
So you're saying Proton will be running a 2nd GTE-Am car at Le Mans with Dempsey, Foster, and ? as drivers, alongside their full-season FIA WEC 991?

Sounds plausible to me.
Personally I'd think Dempsey-Proton entry is going to be the third entry prepared by Proton this year

In 2011 Proton entered 3 cars all with auto entries(1st in 2010 LM24, ILMC & ELMS), in 2012 their 3rd entry was 4th on the reserve list. If teams like ProSpeed won't be at WEC this year then Proton could enter 2 WEC full season 991s and give their auto entry(2013 ELMS runner-up) to Dempsey.

http://www.racer.com/porsche-to-sell...rticle/323061/
Old 9 Jan 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3351934)   #134
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Woodard Racing Organisation firm up their plans and are still hopeful of a Le Mans invite.

http://www.motorsport.com/elms/news/...ith-honda-hpd/

If they are committing to the ELMS and AsLMS for the next two years they deserve one IMO.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3353042)   #135
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have feeling that we won't see a lot of variety in LMP2 this year. SMP Racing will field 2 Oreca-Nissan's WEC. Delta-ADR will also probably field 2 of those. G-Drive might run 1 or 2 Oreca-Nissans. So that's 5 or 6 already, due to their automatic WEC invite. Muscle Milk is the 6th one. Signatech the 7th and perhaps another entry. Some possible ELMS entries, like: TDS, Boutsen Ginion and Sebastian Loeb Racing. Don't know what Murphy and Pecom will do and Race Performance will probably be put on the reserve list.

All of these with Oreca-Nissans, except Race Performance with a Judd engine. So that might 9 or 10 entries already. That leaves very few positions for other cars. Let's not forget the likely increase in LMP1 and GTE-Pro entries. Which will probably result in less LMP2 entries compared to 2013 (unless GTE-Am has a huge drop off, but I don't see that happening).
Old 12 Jan 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3353051)   #136
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
I have feeling that we won't see a lot of variety in LMP2 this year. SMP Racing will field 2 Oreca-Nissan's WEC. Delta-ADR will also probably field 2 of those. G-Drive might run 1 or 2 Oreca-Nissans. So that's 5 or 6 already, due to their automatic WEC invite. Muscle Milk is the 6th one. Signatech the 7th and perhaps another entry. Some possible ELMS entries, like: TDS, Boutsen Ginion and Sebastian Loeb Racing. Don't know what Murphy and Pecom will do and Race Performance will probably be put on the reserve list.

All of these with Oreca-Nissans, except Race Performance with a Judd engine. So that might 9 or 10 entries already. That leaves very few positions for other cars. Let's not forget the likely increase in LMP1 and GTE-Pro entries. Which will probably result in less LMP2 entries compared to 2013 (unless GTE-Am has a huge drop off, but I don't see that happening).
Strakka might have two DOMEs, don't forget!

And OAK with their cars too, and any potential customers.

Race Performance could be the only non-Nissan entrant though. All the other non-Nissan entries will probably be found on the reserve list.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3353068)   #137
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Greaves with one or two Zyteks?
Old 12 Jan 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3353089)   #138
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Strakka might have two DOMEs, don't forget!

And OAK with their cars too, and any potential customers.

Race Performance could be the only non-Nissan entrant though. All the other non-Nissan entries will probably be found on the reserve list.
That's true, but there will likely be more Oreca's this year than last year.

I even wonder if we will see any LMP2's that are not WEC entrants and don't have an automatic invite.

Trying to list the WEC entrants and automatic invites:
2x SMP Racing (Oreca-Nissan)
2x Delta-ADR/Millenium Racing (Oreca-Nissan)
1x - 2x G-Drive Racing (Oreca-Nissan)
1x Muscle Milk Picket Racing (Oreca-Nissan) <-- Automatic invite
2x Oak Racing (Morgan-Nissan) <-- Automatic invite
1x KCMG (???)
1x - 2x Strakka Racing (DOME-Nissan)
1x - 2x Signatech Alpine (Alpine-Nissan) <-- They have 1 automatic invite
1x - 2x Lotus (Lotus-Praga)

So that could be 13 entries at least that are doing WEC or have an automatic invite. Not much room for other entries, which there are plenty of.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3353100)   #139
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Count Greaves Motorsport in:
http://46.20.119.159/~greaves1/le-mans-series-enquiry/
Old 12 Jan 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3353110)   #140
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Kind of pleasing that in LMP2 we're looking at an embarssment of riches in entry terms. And is the Oreca-Nissan package the 962 of its era? We can bemoan the lack of variety, but a full grid is still something lovely to behold.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3353163)   #141
Breinig
Rookie

Germany
Aachen, Germany
Breinig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
22 LMP2 in the entry list of the 2013 race... leaves some more space for ELMS participants in 2014.

Question is if the (slightly) increased LMP1 field is causing a reduction of the LMP2 entries or of the GTE categories.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3353165)   #142
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Tomorrow it will be a month until the entry list gets released.

I've put together a list of confirmations and educated guesses. Italics are what I'd rate as 'decent chance' entries. There's a lot of potential for growth in P2 and plenty of established ELMS teams so far unannounced.

P1 (9/10)
Audi R18 e-tron quattro
Audi R18 e-tron quattro
Audi R18 e-tron quattro
Toyota TS040
Toyota TS040
Toyota TS040
Porsche 919 hybrid
Porsche 919 hybrid
Rebellion R-One
Rebellion R-One

P2 (9/16)
ADR-Delta (Millenium)
ADR-Delta
G-Drive
G-Drive
Strakka Dome
Strakka Dome
Muscle Milk
KCMG
SMP Racing
SMP Racing
Jota
Signatech
OAK Ligier
Woodard
Endurance Challenge
Oak (AsLMS)

GT-Pro (11/12)
AF Corse Ferrari
AF Corse Ferrari
Porsche AG
Porsche AG
Aston Martin
Aston Martin
Corvette Racing
Corvette Racing
SRT
SRT
Ram Racing
Risi Competizione

GT-Am (7/12)
AF Corse Ferrari
AF Corse Ferrari
Aston Martin
Aston Martin
Ram Racing
Craft Racing
Sofrev ASP
Proton Porsche
Proton Porsche (Dempsey)
IMSA
Prospeed
Larbre Competition

G56
Nissan Zeod

Others to think about: MarcVDS P2, ADESS, unnamed TUSC team in P2 (ELMS), unnamed WTCC GT team (WEC), Abu Dhabi Racing GTE, Taisan, Tiga, Oak LMP1. Plus Murphy, Race Performance, Greaves, TDS, Lotus-Praga, Level 5.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3353186)   #143
Breinig
Rookie

Germany
Aachen, Germany
Why did you only list one Oak in LMP2 list?

And why in Italics?
Old 12 Jan 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3353193)   #144
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breinig View Post
Why did you only list one Oak in LMP2 list?

And why in Italics?
There's two in the list. I put them in italics as I explained above as they aren't confirmed entries. We might just see one of the new Ligier branded cars at the race, but Oak also have another auto entry for the AsLMS which we're unsure if they'll take up.

There was talk about them not wanting to race their customers, but with KCMG considering other chassis and the P1 looking less likely to be ready, I don't think they'll have much choice but to go racing in LMP2.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3353194)   #145
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's doubt about the OAK P1 making Spa, but I've not heard anything of it not being ready for LM?

Things have gone quiet on the Level 5 front. I certainly won't lose any sleep over them not being there though.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 20:29 (Ref:3353195)   #146
Breinig
Rookie

Germany
Aachen, Germany
Thanks!

Maybe that interview with Okivier Pla is of interest.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/ol...746_13624.html
Old 12 Jan 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3353215)   #147
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
There's doubt about the OAK P1 making Spa, but I've not heard anything of it not being ready for LM?
It's gone quiet it seems but I found this quote from Jacques Nicolet's wife on E-I saying that it won't be on the track before mid-season this year.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/tro...ce-a-lhonneur/

Obviously June is the middle of the year. I think it depends whether they want to debut at test day without any testing kms.

The only confirmed programmes for Oak thus far are TUSC and AsLMS, even if we do expect them to be back for WEC. The Pla interview Breinig posted also hints at that.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3353256)   #148
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I reckon that we'll see 5 Aston Martins at the LM24 this year (can't believe I get to say "this year" now! ), 2 in Pro and 3 in Am. It was recently announced that Aston will likely be running a car in the ELMS to better suit Roald Goethe's business commitments. I can see a 'business commitment' at Le Mans...

Also, about the SOFREV ASP lineup: Barthez is more or less confirmed, but what about the others? I see Soheil Ayari and Jerome Policand... both Le Mans veterans well suited for GTE-Am.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3353303)   #149
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Larbre Competition in GT-Am? What about Prospeed Competition?
Old 13 Jan 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3353352)   #150
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Still a lot of possible LMP2 entries:

- Won't surprise me if ESM wants to do Le Mans. They had an confirmed entry last year in GTE, untill they changed to P2.
- Maybe DKR Engineering
- The Pilbeam MP100 for Zoo Racing is one to think about.
- What about HVM/Status GP, are they still around?
- Sebastian Loeb Racing
- Boutsen Ginion Racing
- Second Signatech entry
- Morand Racing
- Pegasus Racing wants to do Le Mans with a Morgan LMP2.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/une...-point-dorgue/

- I thought SMP Racing might do GTE-Am also, but I might be mistaken.
- JMW Motorsport