Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jan 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3353357)   #151
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Possible LMP2 entry
-Team Gainer
It will be tie-up participation with the European team (Greaves?).
Old 13 Jan 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3353388)   #152
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Possible LMP2 entry
-Team Gainer
It will be tie-up participation with the European team (Greaves?).
What about Taisan Samurai? There was some talk. Are they a realistic entry?
Old 13 Jan 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3353389)   #153
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
What about Taisan Samurai? There was some talk. Are they a realistic entry?
They had misunderstanding as having received auto invitation of AsLMS.
Thereafter, there is no report about them in Japanese media.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3353403)   #154
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
They had misunderstanding as having received auto invitation of AsLMS.
Thereafter, there is no report about them in Japanese media.
I found it a bit weird that they didn't receive an auto invite for GTE-Am. It's not their fault there was no competition in the GTE class. They still did every race and 'won' the championship and thus should receive an auto invite.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3353423)   #155
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Still a lot of possible LMP2 entries:

- Won't surprise me if ESM wants to do Le Mans. They had an confirmed entry last year in GTE, untill they changed to P2.
- Maybe DKR Engineering
- The Pilbeam MP100 for Zoo Racing is one to think about.
- What about HVM/Status GP, are they still around?
- Sebastian Loeb Racing
- Boutsen Ginion Racing
- Second Signatech entry
- Morand Racing
- Pegasus Racing wants to do Le Mans with a Morgan LMP2.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/une...-point-dorgue/

- I thought SMP Racing might do GTE-Am also, but I might be mistaken.
- JMW Motorsport
Oh dear, Sebastien Loeb Racing to the entry list?
Old 13 Jan 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3353435)   #156
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Oh dear, Sebastien Loeb Racing to the entry list?
They did some tests at Navarra in December.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/kev...ing-a-navarra/

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/sac...n-loeb-racing/
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3353451)   #157
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So that's GOOD for the team to be in the entry list.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3353534)   #158
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hadn't heard much from them but it also looks like Krohn will be putting in an entry - likely supported by Risi.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ri...-24-confirmed/
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3353549)   #159
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I hadn't heard much from them but it also looks like Krohn will be putting in an entry - likely supported by Risi.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ri...-24-confirmed/
...and presumably with a Ferrari, given Risi is supporting them. Nice to see that duo coming back!
Old 14 Jan 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3353895)   #160
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
There looks to be a whole heap of ELMS teams who are returning and will no doubt look to enter Le Mans.

By the time the reserve list shook itself out the majority of the ELMS LMP2 grid was in the race last year. It will be interesting to see if it's that easy again this time.

http://sportscar365.com/elms/elms-si...n-update-lmp2/
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3353918)   #161
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Larbre gets a Corvette C7.R for this season, I think they aren't allowed in GTE-AM as that's the class for cars which are at least 1 year old.

So they'll be GTE-Pro, running the old C6.R, running not at all or find a hole for French teams in the regulations
Old 14 Jan 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3353935)   #162
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think the ACO will find a way for them to be there and to be honest i support that as they have a history at le mans
Old 14 Jan 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3353957)   #163
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
If Larbre gets a Corvette C7.R for this season, I think they aren't allowed in GTE-AM as that's the class for cars which are at least 1 year old.

So they'll be GTE-Pro, running the old C6.R, running not at all or find a hole for French teams in the regulations
Or running a Viper...?
Old 14 Jan 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3353964)   #164
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Or running a Viper...?
If they run with a Viper, it means that the Viper with Larbre Competition is back.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3354211)   #165
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have thought Larbre would run the C6.R again in Am?
Old 15 Jan 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3354300)   #166
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I really hope to see Larbre return to running a brace of Viper's in the WEC ..... hope !
Old 15 Jan 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3354301)   #167
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I really hope to see Larbre return to running a brace of Viper's in the WEC ..... hope !
Really nice comment, agreed!
Old 15 Jan 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3354321)   #168
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
I would have thought Larbre would run the C6.R again in Am?
It was terribly uncompetitive last year, another year and it would be even worse. The C6R was at the way, way end of it's development cycle. I would be super shocked to see them running that car again this year!
Old 15 Jan 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3354339)   #169
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Or running a Viper...?
Good suggestion. But as visitor I prefer another roaring Corvette on track
The Viper doesn't sound like a big impressive 8.0L V10.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3354342)   #170
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
Good suggestion. But as visitor I prefer another roaring Corvette on track
The Viper doesn't sound like a big impressive 8.0L V10.
If they confirm to run with the Viper, what could it sound like? Like from the previous race?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3354688)   #171
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Still a lot of possible LMP2 entries:

- Second Signatech entry
i think ragues said the other night at the aco awards (details on an endurance info link on this thread somewhere) that nothing was confirmed for either car yet with alpine, but reading between the lines it sounded like if there was one car then there'd be two at le mans. and that if things are confirmed, there'd be 2 cars competing in series, maybe 1 in wec and 1 in elms.

given that silverstone isn't all that far away now surely it's getting a bit tight to still be trying to confirm the backing from alpine?
Old 17 Jan 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3355303)   #172
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If the drivers want to go for championships then both the US and WEC crews will need to be completely separate due to the overlaps at Laguna/Spa, CoTA (if nothing changes) and Petit/Fuji.

So just for example you could have:

WEC 1 - Lieb/Lietz
WEC 2 - Pilet/Bergmeister
TUSC 1 - Long/Braun
TUSC 2 - Tandy/Christensen

Then at Le Mans you could fold the second TUSC line-up into the other cars then add Wolf Henzler.

Toughest ask would be at Petit where they'd need to go out and find two more drivers. But with the ladder system they are never short of guys.
My favourite line up from the drivers would have to be Lieb-Pilet .
Old 17 Jan 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3355304)   #173
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
My favourite line up from the drivers would have to be Lieb-Pilet .
Sorry, but Lieb is in the LMP1 for the WEC and Le Mans.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3355356)   #174
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
E-I also had a go at putting together a list.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/une...eures-du-mans/

No real surprises on there - but obviously it will change if the Lotus P1 rumours turn out to be true.
Old 18 Jan 2014, 02:53 (Ref:3355486)   #175
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
E-I also had a go at putting together a list.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/une...eures-du-mans/

No real surprises on there - but obviously it will change if the Lotus P1 rumours turn out to be true.
Nice job as usual by the E-I guys.

A few comments on the list:

- Interesting to see they listed only one Larbre entry, and that it was a C6.R. Personally, I think the C7.R is out of the question if they intend to run in GTE-Am, but with the expansion of the SRT Viper GT programs around the world, I can see a 2-car SRT Viper GTS-R effort in GTE-Am.

- I wonder how Hunter-Reay will fit a Le Mans trip in his schedule. The Dual in Detroit (Belle Isle) IndyCar weekend should technically keep him from attending the test day, rendering him ineligible for the ride. Can anyone correct me on this?

- Completely convinced by Craft AMR's lineup... Frank Yu is the owner/founder, O'Young is their star driver and experienced at Le Mans, and Merlin is a gentleman driver and Le Mans expert. I don't see that changing.