Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Aug 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1369985)   #1
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP Brands Hatch

It is not clear, currently, who will be organising the marshalling for the A1 GP at Brands Hatch in September. However, as Competions Secretary of BMMC-SE region, I have already received a number of volunteering slips.

I am happy to receive any more slips and will forward them to whoever will be Chief Marshal when announced.

Bryan
Old 2 Aug 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1369998)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Bryan I thought Peter Scillitoe and BRSCC SE were running the race ?
Old 2 Aug 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1370003)   #3
lewis360
Rookie

lewis360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brscc are the ones organiseing the event with peter as cheif marshall
Old 2 Aug 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1370264)   #4
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis360
brscc are the ones organiseing the event with peter as cheif marshall
Are you sure Steve? The latest rumour is that it may be the BARC and/or JP is seriously thinking of resurrecting the Brands Hatch Racing Club to run Meetings! Only rumours, I hasten to add!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1370295)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As far as I am aware BRSCC are the organising club on behalf of MSV.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1370866)   #6
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
As of last Sunday Peter had received no information on the running of the event and Ian Watson of BARC was equally in the dark. The list of forthcoming events in the recent Brands Hatch programme shows a gap against the organising club. I am awaiting a reply from JP ref: the Startline/Pits team.

Tempus fugit or something like that.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1370910)   #7
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund
As of last Sunday Peter had received no information on the running of the event and Ian Watson of BARC was equally in the dark. The list of forthcoming events in the recent Brands Hatch programme shows a gap against the organising club. I am awaiting a reply from JP ref: the Startline/Pits team.

Tempus fugit or something like that.
Could be that as this will be prestigous International Event, the MSA may run it as the BGP!!!
Old 20 Aug 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1387144)   #8
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1 Gp At Brands Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund
It is not clear, currently, who will be organising the marshalling for the A1 GP at Brands Hatch in September. However, as Competions Secretary of BMMC-SE region, I have already received a number of volunteering slips.

I am happy to receive any more slips and will forward them to whoever will be Chief Marshal when announced.

Bryan
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

I am aware that there has been a deafening silence in recent months regarding the organisation of the forthcoming A1 GP at Brands Hatch on 23/24/25 September 2005. I apologise to those who may have been trying to contact me in this regard, but I was not prepared to respond until I had some firm information.

I am pleased to say that at the end of this week agreement was reached between all the the parties involved, that this event will be jointly organised by the BRSCC and BARC. In regard to marshalling, the BRSCC SE Centre will be taking the lead (i.e. Mildred Wiltshire - Marshals Secretary and myself).

Therefore:

(a) If you are on the BRSCC SE Centre database and have volunteered for this meeting, you need take no action.

(b) If you have volunteered by emailing me direct (and have not heard from Mildred), I strongly suggest that you contact her urgently by email to check that we have your details on our database for this meeting (I did have some computer problems earlier in the year).

(c) If you have not volunteered, but now wish to do so (and this includes also any BARC marshals), please email Mildred urgently.

(d) If you have already volunteered, but are no longer able to attend, please also let Mildred know asap.

As things stand at present, there will be dedicated marshals car parking with security (probably in the Triangle), a dedicated marshals campsite with toilets and showers, a lunchbox each day, a marshals raffle each day, and transport to and from posts.

To try and avoid any whinging threads before, during or after the event, please note the following:

(a) There will be an action packed programme with very little downtime. However, each day will have a guaranteed finish of 1830 due to the curfew at the circuit.

(b) With an event of this type, there are bound to be some organisational and programme changes between now and 23 September, and possibly even during the meeting itself. We look to those attending to accept these in a professional, flexible and relaxed manner (as do in fact the very large majority of marshals on these occasions).

(c) If marshals have any questions, concerns, etc, please contact either Mildred or myself in the coming weeks, and we will do our best to deal with them.

(d) I, or a member of my team, will be available at signing-on each of the three days (and at the end of day raffle) to hear from you if you have any issues or concerns regarding the organisation of the event. However, we do not pretend that we will be able to satisfy all of them.

This event is undoubtedly the biggest car race meeting at Brands since the last GP held there in the 1980's. It is also the start of the new A1 GP venture. I hope that many of you will want to be a part of this exciting event, and I look forward to seeing over the weekend.

In the meantime I can be contacted by email at <marshalbrsccse@aol.com>. Mildred can be contacted at <mildred@brscc.co.uk>.

Regards

Peter Scillitoe
Chief Marshal
BRSCC SE Centre
Old 20 Aug 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1387170)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Peter,

I have made this a 'hot topic' so that everyone can see the BRSCC are orgainising the marshalling side through Mildred. Its good to see the BRSCC and BARC working together for this one, I'm sure it will prove a huge success!
Old 29 Aug 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1393583)   #10
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
them A1's is proper racing cars, Highly reccomended
Old 29 Aug 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1393869)   #11
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would anyone know as to what format and what other series and races will be involved at this A1GP round at brandshatch, it would be good to have a full race program and support races for the start of a new series.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1394315)   #12
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Provisional timetable:

Friday 23rd September

Practice/Qualifying
FPA, Ferrari Classic, TagHeuer 250GT, TGP, A1GP, Caterham, MSV FF, Ginetta

Saturday

Practice/Qualifying
TGP,GT250, A1GP (Qualifying format will be 4x15 mins with 10 min breaks between iirc)
Racing
Ferrari, TGP Sprint, FPA, GT250, Caterham, MSV FF, Ginetta

Sunday
Racing
Ginetta, FPA, GT250, A1GP Sprint, A1GP Race, TGP, Caterham, MSV FF.
Scheduled finish time -- 17:55, curfew 18:30.

Total of 15 races with some very exciting classes included. 20 teams took part in recent A1GP tests with very close times between them all.

The above is still provisional and changes will probably be made before the weekend, but I am looking forward to it -- pity you are on holiday Stephen!!
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1394322)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes I'm gutted
Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1394533)   #14
JonJ
Rookie

England
Uttoxeter, Staffs
JonJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know what tickets marshals will be allocated? Will we be entitled to a guest ticket as well? And if so is this likely to be a general weekend admission ticket?

Cheers

Jon
Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1394539)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
e-mail Mildred to find out

mildred@brscc.co.uk
Old 30 Aug 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1394619)   #16
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ginettas and Caterhams on the same day and only 35mins extra at the end of the day, It's gonna be close!!!
Lee
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1394670)   #17
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks far too packed and I suspect no lunch break?

I doubt the shiek will like the delays that seem to be typical of BRSCC events - I would be concerned if I was them because he does not seem to me to be the type who likes **** ups.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1394675)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
There are no lunch breaks planned for Saturday or Sunday but there should be enough marshals to operate a 'stand down' system so you get a break. I believe that BRSCC, BARC and MSV are working to get packed lunches supplied free to marshals.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1394676)   #19
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Hey, Don't blame the BRSCC, they don't crash the cars!!!!!!!
Lee
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1394679)   #20
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
There are no lunch breaks planned for Saturday or Sunday but there should be enough marshals to operate a 'stand down' system so you get a break. I believe that BRSCC, BARC and MSV are working to get packed lunches supplied free to marshals.

Aslong as they do me a Veggie one I'll be more than happy (I'll probably be more than happy anyway!) Just need somewhere I can fill my flask in the morning, I may have to cook me some coffee on the camping stove!!!

Lee
Old 30 Aug 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1394780)   #21
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou BRYAN for that... could be interesting, guess thats another weekend taken care of then; yet another excuse to drag the tent out again; hope santa brings me a new one for christmas this one,s on its last legs
Old 30 Aug 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1394789)   #22
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a detailed blow-by-blow timetable on the brscc`s website now (within the calendar section). It does look a little ambitious for an International event.... Still, better than Bernies equivalent (is it 2 or 3 races you get at a GP these days??!!).

In my opinion there might just be one or maybe two formulae too many. It seems to be a teensy bit too ambitious - don`t really understand why this always seems to be the case on BRSCC meetings. Maybe they`ll see sense and ditch Ferrari Formula Boring or whatever it`s called before the big day?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1394886)   #23
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
Hey, Don't blame the BRSCC, they don't crash the cars!!!!!!!
Lee
They dont crash the cars but they do invite them to race. Why do they have to cram so much into a day? Just done a day at Donoington for BARC and finished before 1700. The previous day BRSCC where there and racing was still going on at 1900 why such a difference?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1394906)   #24
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The event is being run jointly by the BRSCC and BARC on behalf of MSV, who have set the timetable I believe.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 21:09 (Ref:1394914)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Lets make one thing clear, the BRSCC are the organising club along with BARC. I believe you will find that much of the programming is the responsibility of MSV in conjunction with the clubs.

It amazes me that year after year we hear moan after moan about the GP etc, when there is little track action over the three days. Now we have a meeting which promises huge amounts of track action and you still moan!

I give up.....Maybe it's time to retire as quite frankly I don't see what the clubs/MSV/BRDC or whoever can do to satisfy many of you.

Good night