Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 24 Sep 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1415617)   #1
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch - A1GP & Support Races

Jos The Boss

Will Power

Tengyi Jiang

A fantastic day out with some great racing and great cars on display. Good to catch up with photographers from here aswell.

Alex
Old 25 Sep 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1415778)   #2
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some really pretty photos of some pretty unattractive cars (IMO). Nice work.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1415931)   #3
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice job, particularly like the 3rd one, always nice to see something a bit different

Here's one I took yesterday:

Old 26 Sep 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1416654)   #4
wiggles
Rookie

wiggles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddock Hill Shennaigans

I was wondering if anyone managed to get some good shots of the Italy vs Lebanon match up that resulted in Bechir barrel-rolling through paddock?

Marshalling that corner all I can remember is thinking "he's going, he's going... crap!!!!".

James.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1416849)   #5
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice pics but you're not paying any attention to this sticky thread
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73885

i have some distant shots of the rollover incident from the top of druids, will post link on here once i've done gallery
Old 26 Sep 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1416999)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Good stuff. Have to agree with mayhem, they aren't exactly the prettiest cars around.

Did you try out on the GP loop, if so what's it like for photography? It's been some time since I was last out there and not since the latest re-profiling work.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1417028)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Did you try out on the GP loop, if so what's it like for photography? It's been some time since I was last out there and not since the latest re-profiling work.
I have been to Brands a few times now but the meetings have always been on the Indy track and not the GP layout. I'm at Brands this weekend for the BTCC, so it would be nice to see some shots from "Out the back" so I can see what it's like out there and get a few ideas for shots aswell.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1417058)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there's no change for places to photograph from the spectator enclosures, redshoes. for trackside, i'd say the exit of dingle dell is still ok, but the bump has gone so no flying, and the other new bit doesn't look too great.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1417080)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Rob, BTCC next weekend was the reason I was asking. Didn't want to walk all that way only to find lots of new fencing in the way.

Bella, thanks. Spectator area for me now. Don't get to see the GP loop very often and it seems like a shame not to take advantage. Especially as I feel like I've photographed every square inch of the Indy layout already.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1417086)   #10
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Adams
nice pics but you're not paying any attention to this sticky thread
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73885

i have some distant shots of the rollover incident from the top of druids, will post link on here once i've done gallery
What are me and AZ doing wrong? We post pictures of the events and that is what this section is about. The only thing we 'advertise' is our website name on the picture but we don't do it for advertising we do it so people don't steal the image.

I have a link to all my A1GP pictures but I get the feeling I can't post it because its breaking rules.

Photography out at the back of the circuit is ok as there are no fences in the way, however when you have Druids who needs the back.

This was taken just after Westfield:

Alex
Old 26 Sep 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1417110)   #11
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
maybe am i wrong but see redshoes post 7 in the linked thread

gp loop is very good lots of oppurtunities
Old 26 Sep 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1417119)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Bella, thanks. Spectator area for me now. Don't get to see the GP loop very often and it seems like a shame not to take advantage. Especially as I feel like I've photographed every square inch of the Indy layout already.
i was being a spectator too, and with a decidedly midget point and click... i'm fairly certain the new dingle dell has cut out at least one really good car flying picture from the inside.

the lack of new fences was a very welcome relief.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1417144)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To pick up on the "conduct" point. Maybe some of us would like a choice about whether we download your pictures??? I think Redshoes original thread was very clear about what was felt to be the purpose of the forum.

To pick up on the picture point....David Lord has a picture in the Metro of two A1GP cars reverse mating. Not sure if it is online anywhere.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1417171)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzaf1
Photography out at the back of the circuit is ok as there are no fences in the way, however when you have Druids who needs the back.
Because I'm bored of taking pictures at Druids. Every meeting on the Indy circuit I end up at Druids for at least one race. I've got pictures going back nearly 10 years where I'm stood in virtually the same place taking virtually the same shot again and again.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1417223)   #15
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
forzaf1, unless I`m very much mistaken your Lotus shot is taken towards the end of Derek Minter Straight, just BEFORE Westfield, not after.... and very nice it is!
Old 27 Sep 2005, 07:23 (Ref:1417599)   #16
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio
forzaf1, unless I`m very much mistaken your Lotus shot is taken towards the end of Derek Minter Straight, just BEFORE Westfield, not after.... and very nice it is!

You are correct, my mistake. Verry sorry.

Alex
Old 27 Sep 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1418138)   #17
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have this thing for very pink Porsches

Anyone got any pics of it?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1418154)   #18
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
http://btcc-racing.com/webpx/pinkneythgt250.jpg

just fished this one out, do you know why he changes the livery so often? this must be about the third different pink liveried porsche i've seen in 2 years
Old 27 Sep 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1418166)   #19
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
I have nearly every GT car covered apart from Pinkney's Porsche. The only one I did take was to blurred.

Sorry!!

Alex
Old 28 Sep 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1419146)   #20
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
right-eo i've done my gallery of pics

my personal favourite, great early morning light and historical f1 cars good combo i reckon - http://btcc-racing.com/25090542.asp

as promised rollover incident - http://btcc-racing.com/25090536.asp
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1419230)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do like the F1 shot Neil, where abouts was it taken?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1419260)   #22
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
cheers! it was taken from the exit of stirlings, hand a foot stool to avoid high barriers etc
Old 27 Oct 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1445440)   #23
Guidoh
Rookie

United Kingdom
Near Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK
Guidoh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as photo location goes at Brands...

I quite like the Cooper Straight. On the outside you can get good 'heat-haze' shots on vehilels exiting Graham Hill bend (at the bottom of the hill down from Druids).

This shot was taken from just past the emergency vehicles access gate on the Cooper Straight.

Victor Cox Powering out of Graham Hill Bend

GH Bend offers good close action as racers jostle for entry and exit speed before powering up the back straight.

Admittedly bikes are a slightly different subject to cars but the space available between subject and background allows for decent 'heat-haze' and use of Depth of Field shots as shown in my example. I'd recommend it as a location to anyone on a visit to Brands. The best bit is, they use it on both the Indy and GP circuits.

Guy
Old 27 Oct 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1445522)   #24
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
Dont you need a press pass or paddock pass to get to that position though?????

Nice photo BTW.

Alex
Old 29 Oct 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1446581)   #25
Guidoh
Rookie

United Kingdom
Near Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK
Guidoh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello Alex,

Sorry, I was under the impression you were acting in a media capacity and would have a media pass for your visits to Brands. Yes you would need a press pass or accreditation to get into the location I stated.

Sorry.

Guy