Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 May 2002, 13:26 (Ref:293548)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
high numbers

what's the most cars (of any type)that one team has entered at LM?

what's the most cars of the same type that've ever been entered (presumably a Pork of some description)?

what's the most cars one driver has driven at LM?

what's the most drivers entered in one car (more than four?)

what's the most different types of car that've been entered?
Old 23 May 2002, 17:57 (Ref:293802)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without some serious research, I would guess the following

Most cars would have to be the mighty Ferrari / Ford battles in the early to mid 60's, I would guess Ferrari as they had the support of the 'private' entries

The same type must be the 911 of some form, probably early 80's. Although I think 94 there was a load of Venturi's in the race

Most cars for one driver, I assume you mean the same year. Quite a few have driven two cars.

Most drivers entered for one car, somtimes this can be as many as eight or nine, but they are all entered for all the cars in the team. Race time they are sorted into various cars. I cannot recall any with more than 4

The last one I really would not have a clue, sorry

Simon.
Old 24 May 2002, 12:24 (Ref:294799)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blimey - you don't ask for much do you Os?!!

Definitely a need for serious research as SL's says, without that, no answers off the top of my head!
Old 24 May 2002, 13:21 (Ref:294902)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Largest number for a single team in post Group C period is 5 for Oreca in 2000 (2xLMP900 and 3x Viper). Nissan entered 4 of their R390s in 1998 (and all of them finished in the top 10!)

In Group C days I'd guess at Nisan again but would have to check - the problem is that the factory teams would spread the load of multilpe entries by getting 2 or more teams to run the cars so the entry, whilst clearly a factory car could often be logged as something quite different.
Old 24 May 2002, 13:29 (Ref:294925)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As for most of the same type of car, I would have thought the Porsche 956/962 would be up there.

As for the rest, I have absolutely no idea, love to find out though!
Old 24 May 2002, 13:44 (Ref:294953)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
A quick flick through the results showed this lot up:

1966 - 13 x GT40s started the race
1980 - 15 x Porsche 935s (various types)
1984 - 14 x 956s (plus a couple of 962s)
1990 - 18 x 962s (various types)

Last edited by Graham Goodwin; 24 May 2002 at 13:49.
Old 24 May 2002, 13:44 (Ref:294954)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
BTW paul, picked up a model of another of your dad's cars yesterday - the Fuji Golf Porker - lovely!
Old 24 May 2002, 21:04 (Ref:295359)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
In Group C days I'd guess at Nisan again but would have to check
Nissan it was, I can't recall the year though (1990, 91?) - when they had their European (i.e. World championship), IMSA (NPTI), and Japanese (Nismo) cars. Nine works cars in all.
The highest number of cars per team must have been Ferrari with 11. Again, I can't recall the year now (look it up guys ); it must have been some time around 1965/66.
Old 24 May 2002, 21:25 (Ref:295384)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
BTW paul, picked up a model of another of your dad's cars yesterday - the Fuji Golf Porker - lovely!
Nice one!!! I got him that and the Marukatsu Porsche for Christmas!!

Have you got any others?
Old 24 May 2002, 22:02 (Ref:295407)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Just those two sadly Paul - They're amongst the nicest of the 40 or so 956/962s in The Kid's collection. We'll have to get your dad to sign them for him sometime.
Old 24 May 2002, 23:52 (Ref:295466)   #11
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers for the brain-racking. what'll be the first car to retire? Sorry Ayse, I'll stop there......