Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2007, 17:17 (Ref:2027087)   #501
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you get it wrong at Les Combes and take the escape road you can get nearly all the way to Liege. Worth considering if your race is going badly.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 17:31 (Ref:2027101)   #502
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Griffiths
If you get it wrong at Les Combes and take the escape road you can get nearly all the way to Liege.
Not much use as I was banned.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2027116)   #503
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Can you let me have the address and GPS co-ordinates? I need to let the team manager know where he can find me if/when I go missing during my stint.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 17:58 (Ref:2027137)   #504
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Not much use as I was banned.
again because of biggest capacity?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 05:28 (Ref:2027536)   #505
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alexander Davidis and his team who have been filming a lot of the historic meetings this year for their 6 part documentary have released a preview of the episode from Porto. Take a look at the link here:

http://www.cargofilm-releasing.com/p_gtracer.html

Superb!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 05:32 (Ref:2027540)   #506
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
I've probably got one of the largest capacity engines in my race but the nearest I've been to Spa is a brothel in Liege when I was 15 and I can't drive so size isn't everything as the saying goes.
I think I have the largest capacity engine for the 6 hour at 6996 cc - at least the largest declared......
Old 1 Oct 2007, 07:43 (Ref:2027598)   #507
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Aha- le Corvette avec young M. Twyman.

Wave when you go past.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 07:56 (Ref:2027609)   #508
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well I suppose I'd better do the plugs n points on the Anglebox, pump the tyres up on the old Trannie and think about booking the ferry Had a bit of trouble trying to fit the Viper engine !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Oct 2007, 08:05 (Ref:2027614)   #509
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been away for a few days to Lydden (Saturday) and Spa (Sunday), so here are some updates:

- 4 wheels over will still apply Terry, maybe depending how much you offer a poor marshal I could always turn a blind eye.
- that snow had almost gone yesterday Peter, 1 lane was snow free.
- weather and Spa? Two words that do not go well together. So I'd advice the wait and weep (laugh for some) attitude. There was a 6 Hour Beetle Fun Cup race on the Saturday night and it rained only once; from just before the 6 o'clock start, till the end at 10.
- the Combes exit road actually has a big gate now , as somebody found out a few weeks ago. Went straight on at full speed, somehow managed to swerve between the two tyrewalls and went at full speed head first into the gate. Afterwards he said he thought the road led back to the track there.

And now for something serious: it seems that some smart guy involved with F1 cut some timing cables somewhere. They were not able to find the fault yet, so they had to revert to a start at the old spot and finish via radio contact at the F1 start finish. I think it only went wrong once. Promising for next weekend if they can't locate the faulty cables.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 09:03 (Ref:2027659)   #510
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Suan Rainford has an MG1100 as well MArk, he wasn't too slpw at Goodwood in 05 ( when the points held together at least!) as has been said though just try and maintain as much speed as possible at all times, I have the same problem against ALfas and Lotit-Tinas and you can get good results through consistency and reliability.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 09:12 (Ref:2027671)   #511
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
I didn't know there was another one out there.

As you say, it's all about keeping up momentum. It should be intriguiging because I haven't raced a f.w.d. car for over 10 years, and having got used to slicks and wings and/or big lairy 50s sportscars with more power than grip, I'm sure that 4" tyres, f.w.d., an asthmatic motor and tiny brakes will make for an interesting experience to say the least. And if it rains. . .

Can't wait.

Last edited by Mark Griffiths; 1 Oct 2007 at 09:15.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 09:30 (Ref:2027689)   #512
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
brakes, you'll only use them at the bus stop wiggle !

if it rainsd expect a top 20 finish!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 10:51 (Ref:2027744)   #513
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
And now for something serious: it seems that some smart guy involved with F1 cut some timing cables somewhere. They were not able to find the fault yet, so they had to revert to a start at the old spot and finish via radio contact at the F1 start finish. I think it only went wrong once. Promising for next weekend if they can't locate the faulty cables.
that's exactly what they did at Silverstone after testing in May.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:25 (Ref:2027768)   #514
Highworth
Rookie

England
Wiltshire
Highworth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first post, having followed your meanderings for past few months.

This will be my 5th yr to this event, so hope to meet up with some of you who I don’t already know. Having retired for now my white Alfa GT Jnr, I’ll be in out in dark blue Europa TC in Barrys and HSCC races and will be lurking in the outside paddock area with Teddington Ted in his Moggie and the rest of our gang, including yet another MGB run by my business partner Peter.

So with new set of rain tyres on board, that should make it a dry one…….just the engine and gearbox to put back in now !! …..…you think I’m joking…....good luck to all of you taking part.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2027777)   #515
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Thanks Highworth, and welcome, the post remoinds me I must go and say hello to Teddington Ted
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:34 (Ref:2027780)   #516
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to our friedly forum Highworth.

My Capri is entered in the Barry Race (with Ken Clarke) and the Top Hat Masters race (with Terry). We've got a garage in the F1 pits.

I'm sharing Terry Bower's MGB in the 6 hours so if you get time come looking for us, I'm told we're next to the party pit, where Esper and his crew are operating.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:47 (Ref:2027793)   #517
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I'm told we're next to the party pit, where Esper and his crew are operating beer pumps in a 72 hour marathon.
I'd heard this as well . . . could seriously dent Heogaardens turnover if they bring their own barrels
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:57 (Ref:2027806)   #518
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys. My truck will be parked somewhere down near the Stavelot entrance, and no doubt we'll be in one of the "downhill" garages for the 6 Hours.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 12:43 (Ref:2027857)   #519
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I was going to bring a barrel of "Larkins" but coals to Newcastle comes to mind ! And Eddy I'll bring a spare wiper arm and blade to save you guys the job of finding mine
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Oct 2007, 14:15 (Ref:2027922)   #520
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can somebody make a short list of the ten-thents driver ?
driver name's , race, car ,number , color, licence nbr
We will try to make some pictures.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 14:26 (Ref:2027928)   #521
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
I was going to bring a barrel of "Larkins" but coals to Newcastle comes to mind ! And Eddy I'll bring a spare wiper arm and blade to save you guys the job of finding mine
coals to newcastle, (water to the see) we haven't got does fine ales overhere! its different here , very good. but a fine british ale after the race mmmm
Old 1 Oct 2007, 14:50 (Ref:2027957)   #522
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
if it carries on raining like this all week I'll pack waterskis and some of those clip on vanes for the wipers !
Old 1 Oct 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2027961)   #523
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatounet

I'll make a start:

Wills/Twyman - 6 Hour - Car 9 - Corvette Sting Ray - dark green (almost black)

Wills/Twyman - Sports Racing Masters - Car 7 - Elva Mk7 twin cam - dark blue

Wills - Top Hat - car 169 - Lotus Cortina - Alan Mann red/gold

Wills/Lanfranchi - U2TC - car 6 - Lotus Cortina - Alan Mann red/gold

Wills - HSCC - car 48 Wills - Lotus Cortina - Alan Mann red/gold

Wills/Twyman - GT & Sports Endurance Masters – car 71 - Corvette Sting Ray - dark green
Old 1 Oct 2007, 14:54 (Ref:2027963)   #524
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
coals to newcastle, (water to the see) we haven't got does fine ales overhere! its different here , very good. but a fine british ale after the race mmmm
our local brewery is superb, Dark Star, I'll try and remember to bring you a bottle Esper
Old 1 Oct 2007, 15:00 (Ref:2027974)   #525
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatounet
Tim Falce/Eric Falce, BSSC, yellow Jaguar D-type, race number 81