Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jan 2024, 17:48 (Ref:4193191)   #251
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED55 View Post
What a poor team name choice that is ,although great distraction technic for people complaining about second teams . Personally couldnt care less because if there are four Red Bulls on the grid then that's at least 3 cars challenging Max
It's a horrendous name.

However you can appreciate that if it was called Visa Minardi CashApp Racing or Visa Toro Rosso CashApp Racing then everyone would be talking about Minardi or Toro Rosso and not about Visa and/or CashApp.

The horehounds name also incorporates RB or Racing Bulls while discouraging calling the team that as it is too similar to Red Bull Racing. The marketing department are confident that many "high-profile activation opportunities" will ensue.

[My vote is Visa Minardi CashApp Racing or just Minardi Racing for short, but too late now...]
Old 24 Jan 2024, 18:52 (Ref:4193196)   #252
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They didn't ask me, but I would have gone with...

SPECTRE - Superior Platform for E-Commerce Transactions and Racing Excellence

Richard
Old 24 Jan 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4193201)   #253
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going with ViCash, sounds fierce and tough (yes, that's sarcastic and intentionally dumb). But then I still want to call McLaren in Indy SPAM because they are Schmidt Peterson with some little English outfit helping so maybe I'm not the best guy for new names
Old 24 Jan 2024, 19:40 (Ref:4193206)   #254
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
They didn't ask me, but I would have gone with...

SPECTRE - Superior Platform for E-Commerce Transactions and Racing Excellence

Richard
Well, Marko always did remind me of Blofeld, in a way...

...and Alonso's car always seems to be at the front, as if he's chasing them...

Hmmmm...
Old 24 Jan 2024, 19:57 (Ref:4193210)   #255
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Well, Marko always did remind me of Blofeld, in a way...
Absolutely! Get that man a cat!

Richard
Old 24 Jan 2024, 20:38 (Ref:4193216)   #256
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Absolutely! Get that man a cat!

Richard
Good Lord, how many cats would be fired and sent to other teams for poor performance and have their careers ruined
Old 24 Jan 2024, 20:54 (Ref:4193219)   #257
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Good Lord, how many cats would be fired and sent to other teams for poor performance and have their careers ruined
Only the new kittens. They keep getting beat up by a young but very strong tom. It does seem he has brought back an older cat. Some say that cat is on the back end of his peak. But he is a popular and happy go lucky cat and is popular. We may see what happens this season with that cat.

Richard
Old 24 Jan 2024, 21:25 (Ref:4193223)   #258
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Old 25 Jan 2024, 14:57 (Ref:4193320)   #259
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Top Cat!

Kinda like the Hanna-Barbara cartoon...

Last edited by veeten; 25 Jan 2024 at 15:03.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4194477)   #260
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what this super huge mega announcement coming before the end of the week is that Will Buxton is teasing? Posted after the Andretti news...

https://x.com/wbuxtonofficial/status...360846867?s=20
Old 1 Feb 2024, 03:33 (Ref:4194507)   #261
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I wonder what this super huge mega announcement coming before the end of the week is that Will Buxton is teasing? Posted after the Andretti news...

https://x.com/wbuxtonofficial/status...360846867?s=20
Lewis to Ferrari in 2025? That is what is floating around. I think Carlos' contract is through end of 2024 and he wants a 2yr extension, but that hasn't happened yet. So one 2025 Ferrari seat is at play. Lewis also just switched his management team around. Maybe to facilitate a move?

Richard
Old 1 Feb 2024, 10:16 (Ref:4194534)   #262
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It kind of makes sense. But even if Ferrari have a decent car, they have spent years practicing how to shoot themselves in the foot, that surely this would all end in tears. How would Hamilton react to the incompetence on strategy etc that Ferrari have a history of showing?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 10:31 (Ref:4194537)   #263
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
It kind of makes sense. But even if Ferrari have a decent car, they have spent years practicing how to shoot themselves in the foot, that surely this would all end in tears. How would Hamilton react to the incompetence on strategy etc that Ferrari have a history of showing?
Hope it happens it will make brilliant TV ! Until Ferrari fires him mid season!!! And gets Kimi back in!
Old 1 Feb 2024, 10:34 (Ref:4194538)   #264
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sky are reporting that is a done deal, however there is no official confirmation yet

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...rmula-1-season
Old 1 Feb 2024, 10:53 (Ref:4194543)   #265
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BBC picked up on this now…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68163799

Reporting full team briefing at 14:00 uk time
Old 1 Feb 2024, 11:14 (Ref:4194546)   #266
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Carlos moving to Merc then?

Kind of surprising imo. A lot for Ferrari to be spending on payroll?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 11:59 (Ref:4194555)   #267
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting times indeed !
Old 1 Feb 2024, 12:20 (Ref:4194562)   #268
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Carlos moving to Merc then?

Kind of surprising imo. A lot for Ferrari to be spending on payroll?
Carlos has been filtering with Audi a lot.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 12:45 (Ref:4194567)   #269
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this any different to the annual ‘Lewis has no contract’ rumours?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 13:34 (Ref:4194572)   #270
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If Hamilton takes his seat at Ferrari, then my guess would be:

Sainz to RBR

Perez to Audi

Mercedes to test the water tightness of Norris' McLaran contract.

But I'm only typing what 1st comes into my head.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 13:39 (Ref:4194576)   #271
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Seems to be. Mercedes are making an internal announcement at 2pm UK.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 13:44 (Ref:4194579)   #272
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Yes - it seems to be more than just rumour:

'A number of senior sources say a deal between the seven-time champion and Ferrari has been agreed and could be announced as early as Thursday.

Ferrari want Hamilton to join Charles Leclerc for the 2025 season.

The 39-year-old signed a new two-year deal with Mercedes for 2024 and 2025 last summer but it seems he can leave after one season, should he choose.

The possibility of Hamilton moving to Ferrari in 2025 was reported in the Italian and Spanish media on Thursday.

BBC Sport has since verified the fact that it is a serious possibility.'
Old 1 Feb 2024, 13:45 (Ref:4194581)   #273
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
If Hamilton takes his seat at Ferrari, then my guess would be:

Sainz to RBR

Perez to Audi

Mercedes to test the water tightness of Norris' McLaran contract.

But I'm only typing what 1st comes into my head.

Not sure Audi would want an also ran like Perez - especially if Saint is available
Old 1 Feb 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4194591)   #274
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Carlos has been filtering with Audi a lot.
Definitely can see the logic of moving to a manu funded team but it’s still a Sauber underneath and will be for some time. One would think he will be looking for a team capable of wins or podiums at least?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 14:42 (Ref:4194596)   #275
Richard C
Veteran

I can't see Carlos going to RBR and Perez to Audi. I would think Carlos is likely looking to be #1 somewhere vs. #2 at RBR? I like Carlos to Sauber/Audi. Who then is #1 at Sauber? I tend to think Bottas was thinking he would be the #1 as they move into the Audi era? I personally rate Carlos above Bottas.

Richard