Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Apr 2005, 03:23 (Ref:1273777)   #1
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus Sport Exige for Super GT

Amprex to run Lotus Exige Sport GT in Super GT

New Strait Times
Old 9 Apr 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1274000)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any Lotus fans out there? "Malaysia's own GT car"... - ouch that's got to hurt!
Old 9 Apr 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1274011)   #3
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess you like beck cyberdorf? i've gotta pick up the deluxe version.. i heard one of his songs on the radio, pretty good

but back on topic.. dyan ley isn't a bad driver, he did the lotus (elise) championship in australia in 2003 and 2004 IIRC, didn't go too badly, always in the top 3 or so..

so if that article is correct, the team is in the GT300 field this year right? they want to develop the car so it can be in the GT500 field next year?

The much restricted FIA GT-spec based car will be shedding weight and building muscle as the team progresses towards a much faster Super GT-spec concoction for next year.

why not just go all out this year by shedding weight and up the power???
Old 9 Apr 2005, 14:51 (Ref:1274027)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic
i guess you like beck cyberdorf? i've gotta pick up the deluxe version.. i heard one of his songs on the radio, pretty good
(waiting for my copy - yes I am one of the five idiots remaining on this planet who pay for their music )

Quote:
why not just go all out this year by shedding weight and up the power???
And break down 10 laps into the race. I'm not sure what the car's specs will be but there is no "FIA GT-based" Exige. So they are building something brand new. If they want to go GT300 then I assume they'll bring something similar to that one-off 3l Sport Exige that was unveiled early this year (or was it late last year).
Old 9 Apr 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1274042)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't this Exige use lots of components from the Pilbean LMP2/SR2?

Not a clue what the homologation regs are for GT500/GT300 as it seems 'protoype' GT cars are allowed to race.

I also noticed the 'GT300' Exige has a 400bhp+ engine!

Last edited by JAG; 9 Apr 2005 at 15:13.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1274049)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Doesn't this Exige use lots of components from the Pilbean LMP2/SR2?
See this website and this topic for more info about the car.

Would be nice to see a Lotus in GT2 class.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1274303)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where on earth did they get "FIA GT-spec" from? Surely they can't mean a Spa-24hrs version? Or was it just built to FIA specifications? (which itself is weird because unless I'm mistaken, I'm thinking there are no specifications for an Elise/Exige anyway?)

Sounds to me like they've misread their situations and just meant it was prepared for European racing. Particularly with Pilbeam having something to do with it.

Would be good to see a GT2 Lotus (again...?), particularly since there aren't any in the likes of BGT this year, are they in Belcar and/or GT racing in Italy or France?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1277369)   #8
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Lotus in Belcar this year, to my knowledge