Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Oct 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3319584)   #76
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
All those resources McLaren have probably the best equipped yet and time they fail to win the championship apart from Hamilton's and all thanks to Glock otherwise they really have been awful considering. This year they screwed up big time with the design if the car. Martin W. should be sacked and Ross Brawn put in charge. Also Perez has been made the scapegoat putting off his resigning and saying he is subpar just to divert attention from the fact that McLaren will not have a podium in a championship since I believe the 80's. meanwhile Perez has to fight for his career every Grand Prix adding more pressure on him as if he needed more. Whoever sacked or ****ed off Newey while he was at McLaren should have been shown the door. That's where the downfall began.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3319598)   #77
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All those resources Ferrari have probably the best equipped yet and time they fail to win the championship apart from Kimi's and all thanks to Massa otherwise they really have been awful considering. This year they screwed up big time with the design if the car. Stefano D. should be sacked and Ross Brawn put in charge. Also Massa has been made the scapegoat putting off his resigning and saying he is subpar just to divert attention from the fact that Ferrari will not two wins in a championship since I believe the 90's. meanwhile Massa has to fight for his career every Grand Prix adding more pressure on him as if he needed more. Whoever failed to sign Newey should have been shown the door. If you don't have him you will fall down.

I might have a go with every other team (except Red Bull).
Old 18 Oct 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3319605)   #78
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^^
Old 18 Oct 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3319607)   #79
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
All those resources McLaren have probably the best equipped yet and time they fail to win the championship apart from Hamilton's and all thanks to Glock otherwise they really have been awful considering. This year they screwed up big time with the design if the car. Martin W. should be sacked and Ross Brawn put in charge. Also Perez has been made the scapegoat putting off his resigning and saying he is subpar just to divert attention from the fact that McLaren will not have a podium in a championship since I believe the 80's. meanwhile Perez has to fight for his career every Grand Prix adding more pressure on him as if he needed more. Whoever sacked or ****ed off Newey while he was at McLaren should have been shown the door. That's where the downfall began.
Red = seriously? still banging that ridiculous drum?
Underlined = he's not being made a scapegoat if what's being said is true. you're probably a bit biased when it comes to Perez, and that's fine, we're all biased towards our favourites, but he hasn't performed as McLaren were hoping, hence the delay in his re-signing for 2014.
Bold = I don't claim to know the inner workings of McLaren, but Newey designed their cars for the years 1998-2006. In that time they won one drivers title. One. In nine years. It's been eight years since he left them, and McLaren have won one drivers title. So they seem to be doing pretty much the same without him as they were with him.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3319621)   #80
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
[QUOTE=Hawkwood;3319607]Red = seriously? still banging that ridiculous drum?
Underlined = he's not being made a scapegoat if what's being said is true. you're probably a bit biased when it comes to Perez, and that's fine, we're all biased towards our favourites, but he hasn't performed as McLaren were hoping, hence the delay in his re-signing for 2014.
Bold = I don't claim to know the inner workings of McLaren, but Newey designed their cars for the years 1998-2006. In that time they won one drivers title. One. In nine years. It's been eight years since he left them, and McLaren have won one drivers title. So they seem to be doing pretty much the same without him as they were with him.[/QUOT

As I recall before the season began Perez was to be Jenson's understudy practically a No 2 to Button given that he was new 10 years Buttons junior and first year on the team. No one expected Perez to be beating or equaling button a driver who has been there 3 years and a former WDC especially supposedly a car designed with Buttons driving style. Instead now he is a failure because he can't keep up with him. They are using perez as a scapegoat for the season they are having. If he does remain with McLaren and I'm sure he will because even MW said do back in July that he deserves a second year, then there will be no excuses for Perez.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3319629)   #81
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The "doctor" is with us...

Hey Adam...
Old 18 Oct 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3319647)   #82
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
All those resources Ferrari have probably the best equipped yet and time they fail to win the championship apart from Kimi's and all thanks to Massa otherwise they really have been awful considering. This year they screwed up big time with the design if the car. Stefano D. should be sacked and Ross Brawn put in charge. Also Massa has been made the scapegoat putting off his resigning and saying he is subpar just to divert attention from the fact that Ferrari will not two wins in a championship since I believe the 90's. meanwhile Massa has to fight for his career every Grand Prix adding more pressure on him as if he needed more. Whoever failed to sign Newey should have been shown the door. If you don't have him you will fall down.

I might have a go with every other team (except Red Bull).
Go Adam!

Ferrari have their heads so far up their collective ...... that they have no chance!

Bang for buck, the Ferrari motto!
Old 19 Oct 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3319781)   #83
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post

As I recall before the season began Perez was to be Jenson's understudy practically a No 2 to Button given that he was new 10 years Buttons junior and first year on the team. No one expected Perez to be beating or equaling button a driver who has been there 3 years and a former WDC especially supposedly a car designed with Buttons driving style. Instead now he is a failure because he can't keep up with him.
Actually, McLaren did expect Perez to be pushing Button from his very first race for them. Perez cannot afford to go the same way that Kovalainen did. As for the car being designed for Button's driving style, well, if he wanted a car that was prone to understeer or oversteer, or both, depending on whether or not there's an 'R' in the month, then that's precisely what he's got.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3319795)   #84
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Red = seriously? still banging that ridiculous drum?
Bold = I don't claim to know the inner workings of McLaren, but Newey designed their cars for the years 1998-2006. In that time they won one drivers title. One. In nine years. It's been eight years since he left them, and McLaren have won one drivers title. So they seem to be doing pretty much the same without him as they were with him.
Two. 1998 and 1999.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3319797)   #85
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Two. 1998 and 1999.
Oops
My mistake, I was thinking of constructor titles when I said that.

Still, it's not like they won absolutely loads with Newey-designed cars.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3319846)   #86
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oops
My mistake, I was thinking of constructor titles when I said that.

Still, it's not like they won absolutely loads with Newey-designed cars.
He wasn't there all that long, '98-03 I think? But there was only 2 years where his was the best car out there, that is true.

Then there was the 17 which started out as just ok, and then remarkably ended up as a title contender the following year!

Back to Alonso, I don't think he will decided to do anything until he's sampled the new car. A top driver instinctively knows as soon as he drives a new car out of the pitlane for its first laps in pre season testing whether it's any good or not.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3319881)   #87
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He wasn't there all that long, '98-03 I think? But there was only 2 years where his was the best car out there, that is true.

Then there was the 17 which started out as just ok, and then remarkably ended up as a title contender the following year!

Back to Alonso, I don't think he will decided to do anything until he's sampled the new car. A top driver instinctively knows as soon as he drives a new car out of the pitlane for its first laps in pre season testing whether it's any good or not.
He joined Red Bull in 2006 so did he leave McLaren before that? I thought he moved straight between the two but I may be wrong on that.

On the point of Alonso waiting until he's found out whether the Ferrari is good enough, both Ferrari and McLaren desperately need good cars next year, but I just don't see it happening. I mean, they both should be good, but will they be good enough?

Just wondering, does anyone really think Alonso will move to McLaren?
Old 19 Oct 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3319897)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Personally no.

(But then I never thought for a moment that Raikkonen would move to Ferrari, so don't really on my knowledge/intuition..... )
Old 19 Oct 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3319952)   #89
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He joined Red Bull in 2006 so did he leave McLaren before that? I thought he moved straight between the two but I may be wrong on that.

On the point of Alonso waiting until he's found out whether the Ferrari is good enough, both Ferrari and McLaren desperately need good cars next year, but I just don't see it happening. I mean, they both should be good, but will they be good enough?

Just wondering, does anyone really think Alonso will move to McLaren?
Think you've got the years right, couldn't remember exactly but i'm sure he did move straight to one from the other.

Well I am fairly sure McLaren will be stronger, traditionally they have one season 'on', and one 'off' so they're due an upswing!

Ferrari just can't afford another failure, or even just another year where they might be in contention. They have to win it next season, otherwise a whole hurricane of changes will be forthcoming in the engineering departments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Personally no.

(But then I never thought for a moment that Raikkonen would move to Ferrari, so don't really on my knowledge/intuition..... )
Yes, there is always that bolt out of the blue scenario to keep an eye out for. Kimi returning to Ferrari, Button getting the Willy drive in 2000, Irvine going to Ferrari in the 90's, Mansell rejoining Williams after bridges were destroyed, not just broken. These things are rare but they do happen!
Old 19 Oct 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3320097)   #90
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
They have to win it next season, otherwise a whole hurricane of changes will be forthcoming in the engineering departments!
Not just changes in the engineering departments.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3320533)   #91
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ferrari just can't afford another failure, or even just another year where they might be in contention. They have to win it next season, otherwise a whole hurricane of changes will be forthcoming in the engineering departments!
That can be like Ferrari of the 80s... top drivers in a truck.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3320549)   #92
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Hopefully some daring Ferrari mechanics will be able to tip some sugar into the Red Bull fuel tanks on the grid at a few races next year. Maybe get Minardi to do it. Noone would suspect him.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3320717)   #93
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I would tip Ferrari as the least likely of the power train manufacturers to succeed in 2014.

Their history of responding to change is woeful.

Still, hopefully all the newly purchased experts justify their costs!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3320927)   #94
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I would tip Ferrari as the least likely of the power train manufacturers to succeed in 2014.

Their history of responding to change is woeful.

Still, hopefully all the newly purchased experts justify their costs!
I think James Allison will do some good, but i'm not convinced Pat Fry and his cohorts are all that enamoured with this hire and I'm not convinced all at Maranello are all that enamoured with Fry's efforts to date.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3321382)   #95
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I think James Allison will do some good, but i'm not convinced Pat Fry and his cohorts are all that enamoured with this hire and I'm not convinced all at Maranello are all that enamoured with Fry's efforts to date.
Oh boy, I was unaware of any of this!

Completely ruined my day with this, you did Chuntereer!

Politics at Ferrari, the main game, anything else is purely incidental!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3344904)   #96
321Go
Veteran

Ron Dennis has no problem: "Whatever obstacles sit between a team wanting to win and winning, be it engineering, fiscal or human issues, you resolve them. You never say never."

Story HERE
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3344949)   #97
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must check out the odds on 2015 being Mclaren-Alonso-Brawn (Button?)

I think they will be narrowing by the month! Unless Ron returns of course...
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3344950)   #98
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Ron Dennis has no problem: "Whatever obstacles sit between a team wanting to win and winning, be it engineering, fiscal or human issues, you resolve them. You never say never."

Story HERE
... couples who divorce and then remarry each other are so smitten they overlook the reasons why they split up first time around... but those reasons don't go away and often come back to haunt them !
Old 17 Dec 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3344978)   #99
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Ron Dennis is an old pro who will do what needs to be done and Alonso is more seasoned, he's been at Ferrari Machiavelli Cental afterall, politically Mclaren is a calm oasis of serenity in comparison. I think they could each handle it. This spectre of Ron Dennis still spitting bile over old feuds...is something I just don't recognise.

The thing is Mclaren aren't delivering presently and decamping to them is speculative, depending on whether those Honda powerplants fly right from the off.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3345003)   #100
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
... couples who divorce and then remarry each other are so smitten they overlook the reasons why they split up first time around... but those reasons don't go away and often come back to haunt them !
Yeas but Ron knows full well that all that nonsense could have been avoided if things had been made clear from the start.