Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3387578)   #2876
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Has anything been announced yet?
No, and it's not going to be today. Maybe this week.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3387579)   #2877
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One GTD manufacturer is livid about the BoP, they feel IMSA was afraid of their car so "BoP'ed the hell out of it". Another non-Porsche GTD entrant has taken delivery of a GT3 spec car, possibly to try out PWC (not Turner).
GTLM is a mess quietly. I know of one team not willing to go on the record with their thoughts but not happy. Porsche was lobbied hard to run the 991s in GTLM and is looking for "a return on its' investment". Could that be the reason for the very favourable BoP at Daytona? And the baffling behaviour by IMSA at Sebring? Apparently they had an "observer" stationed in race control at Sebring for the race(!). A GTLM withdrawal would be unfortunate but maybe that slap in the face is what the series needs to understand how serious things are.
One person I was speaking to said there are a lot of rumours and there is a lot of misinformation, especially on the 'net, but the tone is very negative - amongst both teams and fans. Not all the rumours are true but where there is smoke there is fire and there is certainly a ton of fuel.

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 1 Apr 2014 at 21:25.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3387583)   #2878
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm guessing said GTD manufacture is Audi.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:24 (Ref:3387584)   #2879
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I was Derrick Walker I would take a walk from the Falken transporter at Long Beach down to John Doonan and go for a stroll though the Indycar paddock. With manufacturer specific body kits coming for 2015 that could just be a better investment for Mazda.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3387587)   #2880
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Also, forget not that NO changes have taken place in the race official camp..
That's not what I heard at St. Pete., but at this moment.. who knows what's real or not..

However, after running the PWC weekend I can't properly articulate how happy I am that my money is there and not Tudor this season. I still love endurance racing, but for me it was a no brainer. If the gentleman drivers in GTD experienced what I did this past weekend, the GTD class would shrink... quickly.

-mike
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3387590)   #2881
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
That's not what I heard at St. Pete., but at this moment.. who knows what's real or not..

However, after running the PWC weekend I can't properly articulate how happy I am that my money is there and not Tudor this season. I still love endurance racing, but for me it was a no brainer. If the gentleman drivers in GTD experienced what I did this past weekend, the GTD class would shrink... quickly.

-mike
Watching the race on the PWC site yesterday, it was great racing, Mike. Agree with you on the GTD shrinkage, too.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3387591)   #2882
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:

-mike
Looks like you made a good call. If the interest in GT/GT-A continues to grow they may have to move GTS down with smaller cars. I am excited to see PWC at Long Beach, where the cars have their proper GT3 rear wings unlike GTD.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3387599)   #2883
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If TUSCC dies I hope it dies fast.

World Challenge is starting to sound like where it is at, all they need is a prototype class and some enduros to smother TUSCAR.

The real tragedy is that Sebring and Road Atlanta will likely fall with it.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3387614)   #2884
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I'm not exactly enthusiastic about TUSCC, I think people are being a little overly optimistic about expanding World Challenge. Adding prototypes and endurance races (or more races in general) would put a large strain on many of the teams finances, not to mention the SCCA itself.

AT ANY rate, let's get back to talking about TUSCC.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3387618)   #2885
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That's not what I heard at St. Pete., but at this moment.. who knows what's real or not
Yes...I should have clarified, I meant published changes...

I don't think they know which way to go yet frankly....
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Apr 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3387632)   #2886
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Some good news for a change, 8Star confirms Ligier chassis P2 in last three TUSC Prototype rounds.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/8s...s-p2-for-tusc/
Old 2 Apr 2014, 00:38 (Ref:3387642)   #2887
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Some good news for a change, 8Star confirms Ligier chassis P2 in last three TUSC Prototype rounds.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/8s...s-p2-for-tusc/
+1 to 8Star

It is kind of curious though, considering that Pottolichio owns 2 Corvette DPs (unless he already sold them off??)
Old 2 Apr 2014, 00:40 (Ref:3387643)   #2888
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
The only logical solution is to put the DP motor into a P2. Ligier-Chevrolet.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3387646)   #2889
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
ESM isn't out----and if they would leave, it's game over in the US. Possibly altogether. Similar to Pickett, European markets might be a better place to spend money.

Pickett doesn't have a GTR....their GTD/GTE program is on hold....AKA not happening until IMSA gets their heads surgically removed from...uh...well. Yeah.
With all of the talk about ESM leaving and Patron money going with them, I figured it was a done deal. Guess not.

As for Muscle Milk, why not run the GT3 GTR in PWC? Since GTD is a class that is on another downward spiral like P is, go run PWC. Why not go after the series that knows what they are doing and have aligned themselves with the FIA and a stable rules platform? It's obvious that IMSA doesn't know what they are doing and they realize that. Go to the series that does.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3387650)   #2890
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
With all of the talk about ESM leaving and Patron money going with them, I figured it was a done deal. Guess not.

As for Muscle Milk, why not run the GT3 GTR in PWC? Since GTD is a class that is on another downward spiral like P is, go run PWC. Why not go after the series that knows what they are doing and have aligned themselves with the FIA and a stable rules platform? It's obvious that IMSA doesn't know what they are doing and they realize that. Go to the series that does.
I am not sure about that sir. As far as the speculation today goes. Maybe nothing was made because that its April 1st?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3387653)   #2891
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I am not sure about that sir. As far as the speculation today goes. Maybe nothing was made because that its April 1st?
Yuppp pretty much,I'm not stressing over it unit it's offical.if the guys here in the know don't want to say who that is fine. I'll still be at long beach in a week and laguna a few weeks later.sure I hope I get treated to a full paddock and a great race, but if not there's nothing I can do.will it be my last time going,yea probably.....

If the gtlm Porsche thing is true than I'd rather have them gone than be given wins, same goes for ford.esm,srt,and ajr deserved those sebring wins!! Utter crap that they were give to porshe when EVERYBODY needs roi!

The first PwC was fantastic,we'll see were it goes.but it won't go far scca doesn't do professional enduros,and I would much rather see multi class gt racing than prototypes. Either way I look forward to sonoma that race has always been fun,would be sad if sonoma turns out better than long beach and laguna TUSCAR races.

Anyways the MLB season has started so now it'll be easier to ignore TUSCAR if the stupidity continues......GO GIANTS!

Last edited by Lagunaseca_4life; 2 Apr 2014 at 02:13.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:07 (Ref:3387654)   #2892
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Ehhhh, I wouldn't go as far to say that ESM "deserved" a win.

Were they the sentimental favorite for the ALMS side? Absolutely. No one "deserves" a win though.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3387655)   #2893
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ehhhh, I wouldn't go as far to say that ESM "deserved" a win.

Were they the sentimental favorite for the ALMS side? Absolutely. No one "deserves" a win though.
They were up front with both cars most of the day,the 1 car had the cleaner race compared to the 2 car.the team worked hard and had a big improvement from daytona.they had everything set and in position to win the race given nothing happening.

What the hell did the 01 ganassi do the whole day? They were hardly anywhere near the top 5 and getting passed up a few times and also spun a few times.then they pit and magically the fcy is extended to were esm had no chance to catch them.

Ganassi was given that win esm was robbed.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:26 (Ref:3387656)   #2894
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I'm not going to go into that argument.

All I'm saying is, no team, regardless of series they're competing in, "deserves" a win.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3387659)   #2895
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The only logical solution...
It is?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3387665)   #2896
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Just saying esm was in the best position to win, and I should add the axr,oak, and 02 ganassi were in position to also possibly win.i like both dps and p2's, I like fords,I'm a ford certified technician at a ford dealer,I want ford to win in any series.but I also want to see a win deserved and not given,wether from bop,pispoor officiating,or even purposeful officiating!
Old 2 Apr 2014, 03:18 (Ref:3387669)   #2897
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
It is?
It always is!
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3387834)   #2898
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really hope they figure out a way to put some bigger (relative to what we have now) V8s in the back of the P2 cars. I would think it would be almost necessary if the series is considering the switch to P2 as top class in 2017 or whatever.

I want the class to have all the engine sounds we can get.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3387837)   #2899
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ESM did run a great race, and they were very quick later in the race. Ganassi got a lucky break ... but they were there, weren't they? They didn't have a crash, a mechanical, didn't blow a pit stop ... they let everyone else fight up front and they turned their laps.

Ganassi #01 caught a break by pitting early, sure. But they didn't cheat, or steal the win. The belonged where they were.

I am a big David Braham fan, and also a Ryan Dalziel fan. I'd love to see those two on the top step at Sebring. But Matt's campervan is right: Ganassi Deserved its win. ESM earned second place. Neither got where they were through stupid rules, cheating, or anything like that.

Racing luck favored Ganassi—but then, it also favored ESM. ESM didn't get speared by a PC, nothing broke, they didn't get caught up in someone else's bad luck or bad driving. No team reaches the end of a serious endurance race without a little luck. Ganassi just got a big break at the right time.

No one "deserves" a win just because they tried hard. This isn't T-Ball. ESM got beat by a bad break. They drove a great race. They deserved ... second. Finish right after the winner, you deserve second.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3387850)   #2900
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
I really hope they figure out a way to put some bigger (relative to what we have now) V8s in the back of the P2 cars. I would think it would be almost necessary if the series is considering the switch to P2 as top class in 2017 or whatever.

I want the class to have all the engine sounds we can get.
Current P2 regulations do allow up to 5.0l V8's in naturally aspirated configuration...which just so happens to be the same specification as a Daytona Prototype V8...Hmmm