Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 May 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3401005)   #6826
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
That's interesting.......and TUSCAR will allow this?

That will be very very surprising.
If the new HPD is homologated by the ACO into the P2 class, it would pretty much automatically be eligible for the IMSA P class.
Old 3 May 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3401012)   #6827
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
That's interesting.......and TUSCAR will allow this?

That will be very very surprising.
Very surprising if it was allowed at all, and would have to be BoP'ed to the moon and back to be fair.
Old 3 May 2014, 04:04 (Ref:3401018)   #6828
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It would be a production base power-train because the same power-train would be in the production NSX.

In ACO/FIA P2 it would run without the ERS but that might change in 2017.

The BOP in TUSCC would be how many secs per lap or passing zones they could use it(push to pass).So maybe only on the straights?

I think IMSA(NASCAR)would allow it because that would be up to 3-7 new cars racing in it's top class?And NASCAR is trying to push green and ERS is green!
Old 3 May 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3401023)   #6829
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd say this gives some idea of where FIA/WEC might be going with P2 in 2017. I cannot imagine Honda would design and build a car it knew couldn't race.
Old 3 May 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3401277)   #6830
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
It would be a production base power-train because the same power-train would be in the production NSX.

In ACO/FIA P2 it would run without the ERS but that might change in 2017.

The BOP in TUSCC would be how many secs per lap or passing zones they could use it(push to pass).So maybe only on the straights?

I think IMSA(NASCAR)would allow it because that would be up to 3-7 new cars racing in it's top class?And NASCAR is trying to push green and ERS is green!
And DP teams are going to whine about it... Well, at least there's hybrid technology applying to the prototype class.

Now, let's see if they could have electric drivetrains...
Old 3 May 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3401281)   #6831
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Very surprising if it was allowed at all, and would have to be BoP'ed to the moon and back to be fair.
What? Why? What wouldn't be fair about it being faster in all sectors of the tracks?
Old 3 May 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3401596)   #6832
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/es...rx-04b-coupes/
ESM running the new HPD ARX-04b next year. TUSCC + possibly Le Mans.
Old 4 May 2014, 03:26 (Ref:3401691)   #6833
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10326...terey-notebook

Mike Guasch thinking of moving to LMP2 next year, if the cars can race well this year.

Also, IMSA debating tire options. Say they might allow tire warmers, but separate DP and P2 compounds are unlikely. So they might move to a softer overall tire.
Old 4 May 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3401698)   #6834
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Did Muscle Milk buy the third ARX-04b?

They got burnt with the Oreca-Nissan when Nissan backed away from the deal after Pickett bought the car!
Old 4 May 2014, 04:30 (Ref:3401702)   #6835
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/es...rx-04b-coupes/
ESM running the new HPD ARX-04b next year. TUSCC + possibly Le Mans.
Great news for HPD and Wirth, as well as ESM! Now then, I hope that the rumors of putting ERS on ARX-04b will be true 'cause it's gonna blow the competition away.

Then again, I think it's impossible at this point to fit the ERS system onto the prototype.
Old 4 May 2014, 04:41 (Ref:3401706)   #6836
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I'd say this gives some idea of where FIA/WEC might be going with P2 in 2017. I cannot imagine Honda would design and build a car it knew couldn't race.
They could still get 4 solid years out of the cars regardless. Even if the new 2017 chassis is markedly different, I do not see the ACO cutting off these current new P-2s and granting them at least one year of grandfathering.

L.P.
Old 4 May 2014, 05:22 (Ref:3401709)   #6837
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
They could still get 4 solid years out of the cars regardless. Even if the new 2017 chassis is markedly different, I do not see the ACO cutting off these current new P-2s and granting them at least one year of grandfathering.

L.P.
The ARX-04b was design to 2014 P1 spec so the only hints about the 2017 P2 specs is that it must be 2014 P1 spec(taller greenhouse and narrower).
Old 4 May 2014, 05:33 (Ref:3401710)   #6838
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The ARX-04b was design to 2014 P1 spec so the only hints about the 2017 P2 specs is that it must be 2014 P1 spec(taller greenhouse and narrower).
How so? I believe that way to much is being read into what the 2017 rules might be, by what is currently being homologated!

L.P.
Old 4 May 2014, 06:33 (Ref:3401723)   #6839
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Quote:
How so? I believe that way to much is being read into what the 2017 rules might be, by what is currently being homologated!

How so what?

ACO/FIA been stating again again that all they want in the 2017 rules is a closed cockpit with a stronger chassis.In the engine front they might allow a mild ERS in P2 and GTE.

L.P.
Old 4 May 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3401916)   #6840
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
How so what?

ACO/FIA been stating again again that all they want in the 2017 rules is a closed cockpit with a stronger chassis.In the engine front they might allow a mild ERS in P2 and GTE.
Hmm, first we are talking about IMSA, the thread title is 'USCC', no? While IMSA is trying to be fully cooperative in the creation of the 2017 IMSA/TUSC ruleset with the ACO and FIA to create a single spec of P/P-2 chassis that can race everywhere. IMSA's GA based 'P' cars are recently moving away from the tall narrow greenhouse that was despised by a large majority of US sports car fans. That move also brought in the US mfgs. into the top class of sports car racing in the US. I really do not see IMSA moving away from the new found interest from fan and mfg alike. I agree that the cars will all be coupes and we will see the inclusion of carbon fibre into the tub/safety cell portion of the chassis, but I have a very hard time seeing the 2017 TUSC P class being a, P-1 light! IMSA wants US brand activation in the series!

L.P.
Old 4 May 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3401933)   #6841
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Hmm, first we are talking about IMSA, the thread title is 'USCC', no? While IMSA is trying to be fully cooperative in the creation of the 2017 IMSA/TUSC ruleset with the ACO and FIA to create a single spec of P/P-2 chassis that can race everywhere. IMSA's GA based 'P' cars are recently moving away from the tall narrow greenhouse that was despised by a large majority of US sports car fans. That move also brought in the US mfgs. into the top class of sports car racing in the US. I really do not see IMSA moving away from the new found interest from fan and mfg alike. I agree that the cars will all be coupes and we will see the inclusion of carbon fibre into the tub/safety cell portion of the chassis, but I have a very hard time seeing the 2017 TUSC P class being a, P-1 light! IMSA wants US brand activation in the series!

L.P.
You got me there!

IMSA(NASCAR) is going run what they want in difference to ACO/FIA.NASCAR only cares about the show over true racing even if drama has to added(FCY) to make the show better for the TV crowd(who only watch the last 10 laps on DVR)!
Old 4 May 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3401966)   #6842
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd say TUSC has more to lose by ignoring the FIA P2 rules than by adopting them. The new P1s look really good (and they run well, too.)

If TUSC went with some kit-car instead of serious prototypes ... just to make it easy to hang bodywork which actually looks Nothing like any of the manufacturers' car ... well, WEC really doesn't need any help attracting fans but I am sure they would welcome it if TUSC insists

Last edited by Maelochs; 4 May 2014 at 18:20.
Old 4 May 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3401972)   #6843
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I'd say TUSC has more to lose by ignoring the FIA P2 rules than by adopting them. The new P1s look really good (and they run well, too.)

If TUSC went with some kit-car instead of serious prototypes ... just to make it easy to hand bodywork which actually looks Nothing like any of the manufacturers' car ... well, WEC really doesn't need any help attracting fans but I am sure they would welcome it if TUSC insists
Exactly. They tried a series with US-only prototypes fairly recently. Nobody cared about it.
Old 4 May 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3402207)   #6844
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
My opinion.

P2 and DP can run the same lap time on paper but at the race the P2 can't pass the DP.

And if the P2 does a banzai pass move, the stronger(heavier) DP will just knock the P2 off the road.

So with equal BOP the DP will still win because of the tires,top-speed advantage and low-end torque to get the DP out the corners better.

I hope IMSA allows the ARX-04b ERS!
That will be the only chance to beat a DP(extra 50hp push to pass).That would give the P2 a chance to pass a DP.
Old 4 May 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3402224)   #6845
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
My opinion.

P2 and DP can run the same lap time on paper but at the race the P2 can't pass the DP.

And if the P2 does a banzai pass move, the stronger(heavier) DP will just knock the P2 off the road.

So with equal BOP the DP will still win because of the tires,top-speed advantage and low-end torque to get the DP out the corners better.

I hope IMSA allows the ARX-04b ERS!
That will be the only chance to beat a DP(extra 50hp push to pass).That would give the P2 a chance to pass a DP.
You're obviously not watching todays race then.
Old 4 May 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3402261)   #6846
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The pass for the win was because Taylor thought he was running in oil(but was tire build up).The pass would NEVER happen that easy if Taylor didn't think he had a problem!

And just look at what happen to Yacaman!
Old 5 May 2014, 00:02 (Ref:3402271)   #6847
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah, Yacaman made a few passes and got repassed, then handed the car off to his teammate who stacked it.
Old 5 May 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3402292)   #6848
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, Yacaman made a few passes and got repassed, then handed the car off to his teammate who stacked it.
Because he got run off the track by Westbrook...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 5 May 2014, 04:20 (Ref:3402334)   #6849
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Van overbeek would have gotten the 10 regardless imo...
Old 5 May 2014, 04:32 (Ref:3402335)   #6850
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Regardless, I think ERS will creep out from Formula One and put it to TUSC, Super GT, and DTM someday... Heck, even NASCAR too!

Anyways, kudos for ESM for the win at Laguna Seca!
Closed Thread