Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 14 May 2007, 07:43 (Ref:1912880)   #1
Tyke
Rookie

Tyke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Thanks

I would like to say a big thank you to all the marshals (and I'm sure it is echoed by all the competitors) who stood out in atrocious conditions all day at Shelsley Walsh on Sunday. Double driving in a monsoon is not a huge lot of fun when you are trying to change seats in a open paddock and not end up with a lake in the car and I have never been so wet in my life, but at least we had a paddock hut to retire to after our runs and did have the option of going home if we wanted to. I would also like to thank them for the enthusiastic waves from every marshals' point on the last run down the hill as I am sure they must all have just been wanting us go so that they could get warm and dry. Once again, many thanks, it was much appreciated.
Old 14 May 2007, 09:16 (Ref:1912955)   #2
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke
I would like to say a big thank you to all the marshals (and I'm sure it is echoed by all the competitors) who stood out in atrocious conditions all day at Shelsley Walsh on Sunday. Double driving in a monsoon is not a huge lot of fun when you are trying to change seats in a open paddock and not end up with a lake in the car and I have never been so wet in my life, but at least we had a paddock hut to retire to after our runs and did have the option of going home if we wanted to. I would also like to thank them for the enthusiastic waves from every marshals' point on the last run down the hill as I am sure they must all have just been wanting us go so that they could get warm and dry. Once again, many thanks, it was much appreciated.
It also rained at Barbon on Saturday and Harewood on Sunday!

Anyway I was told it never rained in the Teme Valley!

Old 14 May 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1912963)   #3
Tyke
Rookie

Tyke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm know it did rain at Barbon and Harewood - but not torrential from the beginning of the day to the end with no let up at all!
Old 14 May 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1913124)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was appalling, wasn't it? I gather Wiscombe was worse if that's any consolation. That said, we had some first timers who all managed to enjoy themselves despite the drenching, so there's a good chance they'll return. If they can have fun on a day like that then they're clearly made of the right stuff.

On another good note we had some Westfiled competitors doing their 'marshalling point' day, including record holder Ash Mason on Saturday. I got the impression they all enjoyed themselves and it's another example of the spirit between drivers and marshals in hill-climbing. Their assistance and input was much appreciated.

The tarmac seemed to provide fairly good grip in the conditions with not too many incidents considering. I think congratulations go to everyone who made it to the top!

And from me, thanks again to everyone who turned up and endured to the end. See you all again in June when I hope conditions will be more favourable.
Old 14 May 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1913422)   #5
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know whether it was worse at Wiscombe but it was certainly dreadful. We were there from about 0930, and in spite of sheltering under as many drivers' gazebos as possible, by 1200 were soaked literally to the skin, with squelchy shoes. Decided to give it best at that time & try to dry out at the hotel. I nearly cried at walking out on 14 ERAs, especially when the weather improved later on, but I'm so glad the very special meeting did proceed even though we missed most of it. Had a text during the afternoon from Shelsley from which I gather you didn't get that improvement during the afternoon.
Old 14 May 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1913428)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke
Had a text during the afternoon from Shelsley from which I gather you didn't get that improvement during the afternoon.
I think it's only just stopped, so maybe it wasn't worse at Wiscombe, you were just wimpier!
Old 15 May 2007, 13:25 (Ref:1913919)   #7
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hangs head in shame...........................................
Old 21 May 2007, 23:18 (Ref:1918435)   #8
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like say thank you to Roger Thomas and the MAC for the letter I received today (21st May) for marshalling on Sunday the 13th. It is very kind of the club to take the time to write the letter, it does make a difference when you receive a thank you letter. Especially considering on the day I was wondering what I was doing in the rain when I could have been at home in the dry.

Thank you again.

Andrew
Old 29 May 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1923964)   #9
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
Sonic rescue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The right stuff

It really was dreadfull weather. You mentioned that there were new marshalls, well my daughter was on finish. I dont think she could have got any wetter. We were at Prescott this weekend, camped as well, totally soaked all of us and they eventually closed the track at 15:00 on Sunday due to the condidtions, but she Marshalled again through the weather, and on sunday I said she didn't have to but, she decided to after but after the race had started, so she never even got payed on Sunday for her days work. Hopefully she will one day marshall with good weather and will see what fun it can be. She did say though, that the company made it worth while, and that comming from a teenage girl, it cant be bad. Well done to all involved, you know who you are, I might have finally found something she actually likes doing.
Old 29 May 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1924041)   #10
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forums Sonic

I think me calling her a wimp all Sunday morning had something to do with her working in the afternoon

Still she took it in good humour as it was intended
Old 30 May 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1924616)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Welcome to the forum, Sonic. It was definitely the worst conditions to find out about marshalling. If she can enjoy a day like that, then things can only get better. She's very welcome back on post, I'm told she fitted in and got on with things very well.
Old 30 May 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1924643)   #12
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
Hooked

Thank you both, I will pass on your comments to her. Looks like you may have to put up with her again on Sunday, I am on rescue, lets just hope the weather is better for you all. Might lend her my waterproofs though, as hers didn't seem to be adquate. black... will you let yourself known to me, I not sure who you are. x
Old 30 May 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1924651)   #13
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic rescue
black... will you let yourself known to me, I not sure who you are. x
Best kept that way !!

I prefer i dont see him when i'm racing !!

Last edited by webbo; 30 May 2007 at 13:43.
Old 30 May 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1924653)   #14
blackx
Veteran

England

Cheeky beggar....

*edit*

Thats a good preference lol
Old 30 May 2007, 14:32 (Ref:1924682)   #15
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
Well the penny has dropped. It just goes to show you dont know who your sitting next too or making tea for. Blonde and proud of it.
Old 30 May 2007, 17:51 (Ref:1924818)   #16
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Well the penny has dropped. It just goes to show you dont know who your sitting next too or making tea for. Blonde and proud of it.

Or making coffee for.
Old 30 May 2007, 18:07 (Ref:1924831)   #17
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
You forgot the 94 grains of sugar. I'm not even going to ask who you are, I've dug myself a big hole already.
Old 30 May 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1924875)   #18
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
You forgot the 94 grains of sugar. I'm not even going to ask who you are, I've dug myself a big hole already.

Correct.

As for the big hole i'm already planning some more things for you to do on the unit.
Old 30 May 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1924964)   #19
Sonic rescue
Rookie

Ireland
West Mids
confused, you will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbo
Best kept that way !!

I prefer i dont see him when i'm racing !!
Ok, We have it sorted now. I was talking about Shelsley and blackx was talking about this weekend at prescott and rescue dude came in and confused me completly (dosen't take alot). We had our wet weekends mixed up, well thats my excuse and I'm sticking by it. I didn't know which one was which. But to all the drivers out there we will be working as a team this weekend at Shelsley
Old 31 May 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1925396)   #20
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Ok, We have it sorted now. I was talking about Shelsley and blackx was talking about this weekend at prescott and rescue dude came in and confused me completly (dosen't take alot). We had our wet weekends mixed up, well thats my excuse and I'm sticking by it. I didn't know which one was which. But to all the drivers out there we will be working as a team this weekend at Shelsley:nyah2:

Correct....

You will be fetching tea/coffee/ice creams* and we will be shouting selected words of encouragement at appropriate intervals......

*delete as applicable
Old 31 May 2007, 13:12 (Ref:1925400)   #21
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Correct....

You will be fetching tea/coffee/ice creams* and we will be shouting selected words of encouragement at appropriate intervals......

*delete as applicable
If i wave on the way back down.......can i have a cup of tea as well !!
Old 31 May 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1925403)   #22
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:

I'll speak to the catering department but I forsee no real problems
Old 31 May 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1925418)   #23
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:

Have you got a cup holder?
Old 31 May 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1925419)   #24
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Correct....

*delete as applicable
Little Timmy saturday.

Sonic sunday.
Old 31 May 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1925420)   #25
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
Little Timmy saturday.

Sonic sunday.