Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Jul 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3114209)   #2326
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Slap the rear wing and stuck it up against the 458 GTEs!!! Its the only way to go on!!! Long live the 918!
And expect to have a higher repair cost than the 911!

Oh FIA and ACO, why don't you create a GT class for hypercars like the 918!
Old 31 Jul 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3114211)   #2327
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
And expect to have a higher repair cost than the 911!

Oh FIA and ACO, why don't you create a GT class for hypercars like the 918!
Well, if a Supercar class don't work properly (The GT1), why should a Hypercar class?
Old 31 Jul 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3114225)   #2328
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 918 is essentially a 458 with electric motor boost of 270hp. Get rid of the electric motors and it fits right in GTE. Once they strip the car of its luxurious amenities maybe the price goes down.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3114226)   #2329
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
The 918 is essentially a 458 with electric motor boost of 270hp.
I think I know what you are trying to say, but you will not make our Ferrari nor Porsche fans very happy with that statement.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3114231)   #2330
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Perhaps he could repeat it in the Badger v Brielga thread???
I had to count all my fingers after posting in there. They BITE!
Old 31 Jul 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3114236)   #2331
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 31 Jul 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3114249)   #2332
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Why is Jeroen Bleekemolen testing a Corvette?
http://twitter.com/jbleekemolen/stat...781376/photo/1
Old 31 Jul 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3114255)   #2333
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Someone being replaced!?
Old 31 Jul 2012, 15:10 (Ref:3114262)   #2334
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't surprise me if Garcia goes...
Old 31 Jul 2012, 15:17 (Ref:3114268)   #2335
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Perhaps he could repeat it in the Badger v Brielga thread???
I had to count all my fingers after posting in there. They BITE!
eh , eh , what did I miss ?
Old 31 Jul 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3114296)   #2336
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
You sure he isn't testing a GTC Porsche 'with' Corvette also on track?
Old 31 Jul 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3114297)   #2337
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Black Swan Racing investigating GT-Am next year. Name me some competitive GTE cars that come with good support from their constructors...

Chris
Old 31 Jul 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3114306)   #2338
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M3 qualifies for -Am...
Old 31 Jul 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3114307)   #2339
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
M3 qualifies for -Am...
But it won't be supported next year, BMW are either pulling their operations altogether for 2013 or refocusing them on the rumoured GTE-spec Z4.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3114336)   #2340
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...-mans-in-2013/
WHOA, GTA is in negotiations with the ACO to allow the championship-winning GT500 car (Super GT) to run in Garage 56 in Le Mans, possibly others.

GTA also wants GT300 cars in the Asian Le mans Series, which they say might attract works entries from Subaru, Toyota or Honda
Old 31 Jul 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3114338)   #2341
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
WHOA, GTA is in negotiations with the ACO to allow the championship-winning GT500 car (Super GT) to run in Garage 56 in Le Mans, possibly others.

GTA also wants GT300 cars in the Asian Le mans Series, which they say might attract works entries from Subaru, Toyota or Honda
That would be completely unfair on the Green GT team. They've been given the slot for next year, so why should they toss it away? I'm sure the GTA can wait until 2014. (Even if I would love to see a GT500 car at Le Mans.)
Old 31 Jul 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3114339)   #2342
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
That would be completely unfair on the Green GT team. They've been given the slot for next year, so why should they toss it away? I'm sure the GTA can wait until 2014. (Even if I would love to see a GT500 car at Le Mans.)
I hope the ACO's method of accomodating a GT500 car would be to build a 57th garage. Extend the Row of Woe by another garage, stick one of the one-car P2 teams in there, and make room in the main building for the GT500 example.

At least it's good to see that Japanese interest in Le Mans is spiking again.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3114340)   #2343
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back Group 5 !!!!
Old 31 Jul 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3114342)   #2344
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I hope the ACO's method of accomodating a GT500 car would be to build a 57th garage. Extend the Row of Woe by another garage, stick one of the one-car P2 teams in there, and make room in the main building for the GT500 example.

At least it's good to see that Japanese interest in Le Mans is spiking again.
A 57th garage for a "special" guest race winning car could be quite interesting .
It would highlight Le Mans as a pinnacle of racing.
Plus we would get some different and interesting designs on the track.

But can a GT500 car last 24Hours?, we know a DTM can.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3114345)   #2345
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

Wow, I would like to see super GT500 join GTE at Le mans.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3114350)   #2346
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
Bring back Group 5 !!!!
I second that.
Of course, that bomb-machine is more interesting than Nissan Joke, but be fair - hydrogen is a dead-end in automobile industry. Even electricity (with those Magnesium sulfide from Toyota) is more perspective.
And Super GT are planing to use KERS in 2014 - so it's an obvious step to join Le Mans and save Asian Le Mans Series.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3114351)   #2347
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
A 57th garage for a "special" guest race winning car could be quite interesting .
It would highlight Le Mans as a pinnacle of racing.
Plus we would get some different and interesting designs on the track.

But can a GT500 car last 24Hours?, we know a DTM can.
We've seen that a Super GT engine can last 24 hours without problems, the rest of the car is the question mark. Probably.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3114353)   #2348
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
That would be completely unfair on the Green GT team.
no more clown cars at Le Mans! bring in the sgt machine! I just jope it wont be the hsv hehe.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3114355)   #2349
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Loving that move from the ACO if it comes to pass. The more Japanese interest in the great race the better.

Another garage, as people say, would be brilliant!
Old 31 Jul 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3114362)   #2350
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
Bring back Group 5 !!!!
Yup - DTM and SGT, I guess that would also really help to get the US-DTM series off the ground.

Even if it were just 6 cars (1 from each manufacturer) that would be one hell of a fight.