Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Jul 2011, 03:08 (Ref:2930694)   #126
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
PoB is adjusted based on laptime not top speed, pull your head out of the clouds.
PoB? The Gentilosser Jag has been a POS since the beginning. It will languish at the back end of the grid always. I hate to see Junky and De Matta back there.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 04:11 (Ref:2930700)   #127
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The Jag in normal configuration was good for 1:19.7 or so. It's improved... but...
Old 26 Jul 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2931226)   #128
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there anything in what Murphy tweeted about putting on 'special' tyres that last four laps for this effort?
Old 26 Jul 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2931330)   #129
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Is there anything in what Murphy tweeted about putting on 'special' tyres that last four laps for this effort?
I would like to thank 'lindelof' on twitter.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2931333)   #130
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
PoB? The Gentilosser Jag has been a POS since the beginning. It will languish at the back end of the grid always. I hate to see Junky and De Matta back there.
Yes, I do agree that despite fast lap we will see the usual from Jaguar RSR this season.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2931341)   #131
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If they really have such tires why don't they use them in q'ing and at least start from the front. If the tires go to hell after a few laps who cares, they at least ran up front for the start.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2931371)   #132
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I would like to thank 'lindelof' on twitter.
Does anyone really believe that the Jag did 129 laps, after spending the amount of time they did behind the wall? Or that all the cars did 129 laps?

Lap chart reading fail.

Note though, you can look at Timing and Scoring and see that they did their fast lap on lap #57, then came in on lap #58.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2931375)   #133
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would it be cynical to ask if the restrictor may have accidentally come off when they were fixing the problems the car had early in the race?
Old 26 Jul 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2931379)   #134
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Would it be cynical to ask if the restrictor may have accidentally come off when they were fixing the problems the car had early in the race?

No restrictor change, just tires.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2931426)   #135
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
No restrictor change, just tires.
Wouldn't be the first time a car has lost its restrictor or had the airbox come loose.

Narac at Le Mans 2008(?) comes to mind, was lapping quicker than the Pro's and it turned out to be a broken airbox which was bypassing the restrictor.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 17:40 (Ref:2931427)   #136
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Wouldn't be the first time a car has lost its restrictor or had the airbox come loose.

Narac at Le Mans 2008(?) comes to mind, was lapping quicker than the Pro's and it turned out to be a broken airbox which was bypassing the restrictor.

The restrictor was fine..

From ALMS pit notes.

At 4:46 pm (1h 43m running), Bruno Junqueira (#99-GT Jaguar XKR) into the pits. 4 tires, no fuel, no driver
change.

At 4:57 pm (1h 54m running), Bruno Junqueira (#99-GT Jaguar XKR) into the pits. 4 tires, fuel, driver change:
Kenny Wilden.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2931442)   #137
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Old 26 Jul 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2931458)   #138
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Also i rememer the Fernandez Acura in 2008 i believe having a cracked restrictor and running 1.47's in the night at sebring
Old 19 Sep 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2958187)   #139
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So far RSR has scored six points on their third "development year", one more than last season when they only had single car entry...

I've counted all the laps the two cars have actually completed in races this year:
#98 Jag: 256+2+49+116+88+83+1+5+() = 600L
#99 Jag: 35+79+149+97+88+9+0+186+() = 643L
= 1243L

Now compare them to Bimmers:
#56 BMW: 312+81+176+121+92+101+70+236+() = 1189L
#55 BMW: 312+79+163+121+92+101+70+236+() = 1174L
= 2363L

... or even the GTC leader!
#54 Black Swan: 299+77+164+111+87+96+67+222+() = 1123L
= 1123L
Old 20 Sep 2011, 02:15 (Ref:2958308)   #140
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I usually welcome all entries to the grid but how can these engines be this bad for this long?
Old 20 Sep 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2958463)   #141
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I usually welcome all entries to the grid but how can these engines be this bad for this long?
They had a good streak of races in rounds 3-5, but the last 2 have been rough on the 98...
Old 20 Sep 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2958513)   #142
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just hope Jaguar don't factor in this utter failure when it comes to pushing the button an any potential LMP project.

It's not actually gaining any exposure apart from when it's stopped out on track or getting pushed behind the wall. It's such a shame because a lot of people (including me) would love to see them succeed.

Last edited by Simmi; 20 Sep 2011 at 13:35.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2958566)   #143
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All the excitement I had to see P.J. Jones return and here we are, still at 0 points. Augh.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2958579)   #144
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I just hope Jaguar don't factor in this utter failure when it comes to pushing the button an any potential LMP project.

It's not actually gaining any exposure apart from when it's stopped out on track or getting pushed behind the wall. It's such a shame because a lot of people (including me) would love to see them succeed.
Management has apparently changed and it's the new lot who are investigating P1.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2989829)   #145
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
In the alms season wrap article with RSR, Paul had this to say about 2012:

Quote:
The choice is do we chase the current field or start on the next generation and be ready to race when it is applicable. A decision will be made soon
Next generation of what??? The C-X16?
Old 22 Nov 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2989842)   #146
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
In the alms season wrap article with RSR, Paul had this to say about 2012:

Next generation of what??? The C-X16?
might mean the XKR-S MY2012. I would so much like a C-X16 racing version but it takes time, 2013 i think, and i don't feel safe to entrust to the RSR team.

The C-X75's project is conducted by Williams who is carrying out studies for a hypothetical race version.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2990773)   #147
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarista View Post
......and i don't feel safe to entrust to the RSR team.
Agreed.

Thinking back to past posts of mine (on this thread and others) regarding the RSR effort and Jaguar themselves, I retract nothing, but think it's only fair to point out how very wrong even an established and respected 'factory' team can get it. I had great faith in Aston Martin making the AMR-One good, simply because it was AMR controlling the programme. How wrong can I be!
Old 24 Nov 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2990869)   #148
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I dont know Mr.B ..... remember what Gentilozzi did with the Nissan in the 90's . Its possible for a team to get lost , Dawson , AMR .... even Joest screwed up by running a long tail in 1992 .

As long as they realise the mistake they made ..... probably was trying to develop a car with little factory support , to go up against the likes of Porsche , Corvette , Ferrari and BMW . Pagani, Morgan ,TVR , Spyker , and AMR (Vantage) have so far failed too .
Who was Highcroft , until they landed the HPD deal really ? Now I reckon its Highcroft thats gotten lost !!!

I reckon their a good little team , with plenty of balls , and a good fighting spirit .

Last edited by The Badger; 24 Nov 2011 at 15:16.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2995241)   #149
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is absurd that have not yet made ​​a decision for next season!
Old 5 Dec 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2995522)   #150
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarista View Post
it is absurd that have not yet made ​​a decision for next season!

I'll drive by the shop and see if anybody is around on this week. If the lights are off we might have an answer.