Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Apr 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3399175)   #726
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh wow.

Happy to see Astons gone, if I'm perfectly honest.

And on positive side at least there still seems to be competition for Rebellion, in theory.

I wonder if Tracy Krohn is burning barns now that he could've easily made the race after withdrawing the 5th reserve "Risi" car

But with no reserves left ACO will likely get ton of extra "we want in" requests
Old 28 Apr 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3399180)   #727
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Oh wow.

Happy to see Astons gone, if I'm perfectly honest.

And on positive side at least there still seems to be competition for Rebellion, in theory.

I wonder if Tracy Krohn is burning barns now that he could've easily made the race after withdrawing the 5th reserve "Risi" car

But with no reserves left ACO will likely get ton of extra "we want in" requests
Krohn will be there, he's renting the Taisin entry. Perhaps now the ACO will regret giving his original entry the shaft!

Real surprise to see the struggle for entries, I can't remember the reserve list being used up this fast for a long time, strong chance of there being fewer than 56. Wonder if there's any scope for asking any other teams if they'd want an entry at short notice.

I also notice that the Lotus has a Romanian flag by it - is this new?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3399181)   #728
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Thanks for bringing that to our attention, however it is the two Millenium LM P2 cars that have withdrawn, SMP are still on the list.
Thanks, complete brain fart from me. Congrats on your guys getting a second entry!

Really gutted for Oliver Turvey and John Martin especially. Two guys who are P1 quality but now suddenly have no drive. Hopefully they can sneak back in somewhere for Le Mans - but their WEC campaigns are ruined.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3399182)   #729
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Krohn will be there, he's renting the Taisin entry. Perhaps now the ACO will regret giving his original entry the shaft!

Real surprise to see the struggle for entries, I can't remember the reserve list being used up this fast for a long time, strong chance of there being fewer than 56. Wonder if there's any scope for asking any other teams if they'd want an entry at short notice.

Couple of years ago there was huge drop too out but only when there was few of weeks to go so yeah this is fairly shocking. But since there is so much time left I'm sure new reserves will come up soon, ACO has given entries on much shorter notice before. Remember Epsilon Euskadi in 2008 (okay they were in the reserves but still) etc

I think Tracy would have still wished to have his own team there, if only with camourflage name.

Pickett Racing should've kept their entry and only fully folded USCC after LM now that they've given up on everything...
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3399183)   #730
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Probably one of the biggest mysteries on the entry list, if I'm honest!

These withdrawals are pretty staggering. By my count, that promotes #76 Matmut, #79 Prospeed, #50 Larbre, #30 Signatech, and #42 Caterham/Greaves to the race. Only Pegasus left on reserve list.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3399184)   #731
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gutted for the guys at Delta-ADR.

Glad there are more Porsche's on the entry list though.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...raw-from-lm24/
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3399185)   #732
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I think I saw it on the last update.

Expect that flag to change again before the final list is published, and may be again during the race.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3399186)   #733
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

These withdrawals are pretty staggering. By my count, that promotes #76 Matmut, #79 Prospeed, #50 Larbre, #30 Signatech, and #42 Caterham/Greaves to the race. Only Pegasus left on reserve list.
Are there any reserves left because none are mentioned on the entry list?

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3399187)   #734
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be great if someone screenshoted the original entry list. It changes so much every year - but the weblink always reverts to the new version. The Romanian flag is definitely new.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3399188)   #735
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
isn't it still run by colin kolles, who iirc is romanian himself? in which case it's just the same as the lotus formula renault 3.5 entries carrying the czech flag?
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3399189)   #736
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Thanks, complete brain fart from me. Congrats on your guys getting a second entry!

Really gutted for Oliver Turvey and John Martin especially. Two guys who are P1 quality but now suddenly have no drive. Hopefully they can sneak back in somewhere for Le Mans - but their WEC campaigns are ruined.
No problem. ADR are a quality outfit and it is very unfortunate for them to have to withdraw at this late stage.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3399190)   #737
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Are there any reserves left because none are mentioned on the entry list?

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf
No reserves left. Pegasus are in the show because the second Alpine entry was withdrawn in the latest set of announcements.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3399196)   #738
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Pity for Millennium... especially as the arrival of their finding is only days away...

Real shame for ADR though, I'm sure they would have managed to put a real programme together if they hadn't been duped.

Fabien Giroix has pit together many programmes over the years though, hope the true story comes out at some point.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3399197)   #739
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
We've got stars directing our fate, and we're praying it's not too late, 'cause we know we're falling from grace, Millennium.

Lots of seats suddenly available. Maybe a few clues in the test day entry list: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...eures-du-mans/

I'd also be interested to see what Aston have to say about their mass withdrawal.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3399200)   #740
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I always assumed that #96 was a placeholder in case Gulf Racing UK wanted an entry for Goethe's Aston. Surprised at #89's withdrawal although I'm sure we'll get some PR along the lines of 'to concentrate on our existing cars'.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3399201)   #741
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shame to see Aston only give themselves a single bullet in the GT-Pro fight.

Only way in the #99 can win is due to mass attrition.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3399207)   #742
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A shame that Craft pulled out.
I know they've got a tie-in with Bamboo now who have a tie-in with AMR to run an Aston this year, but I really thought Frank Yu would've wanted to actually race at Le Mans himself.
Having a team from Hong Kong would've added a nice bit of colour too...
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3399209)   #743
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
No problem. ADR are a quality outfit and it is very unfortunate for them to have to withdraw at this late stage.
exactly. it's a sad demonstration of where we're at in motorsport when even these guys can't find a stable source of funding.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3399226)   #744
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A real shame for some of the teams and drivers but good news for others, sorry that we are now left with only 4 Astons and the GT class is looking like a ferrari owners club day out with a few guests. MY thoughts are that we have not seen the last withdrawls but fingers crossed
Old 28 Apr 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3399230)   #745
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
In terms of new guys - it seems like we have:

#29 Pegasus - Julien Schell / Nicolas Leutwiler / TBA
#42 Greaves - Michael Munemman / Alessandro Latif / TBA
#50 Larbre - Keiko Ihara / Gustavo Yacaman (likely) / TBA

#67 Imsa - Raymond Narac / Nicolas Armindo / David Hallyday
#79 Prospeed - Xavier Maassen / TBA / TBA
Old 28 Apr 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3399253)   #746
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Jeez, been away for a day to find all this news out, lots of changes, are they going to put new names on the reserve list in case there will be more drop outs ( lotus )
Old 28 Apr 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3399259)   #747
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
exactly. it's a sad demonstration of where we're at in motorsport when even these guys can't find a stable source of funding.
It's also a reflection on the state of the world right now though.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3399271)   #748
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Jeez, been away for a day to find all this news out, lots of changes, are they going to put new names on the reserve list in case there will be more drop outs ( lotus )
That's not so easy to do. At this point, the entire ELMS P2 grid is going to Le Mans. There are a few cars on the ELMS GTE-Am side that I suppose the ACO could invite: AT Racing Ferrari F458, Kessel Racing Ferrari Racing 2 x Ferrari F458, maybe the Gulf Racing UK Porsche. Not sure which (if any) of those teams have the money lined up to maybe do Le Mans on such short notice.

That's about it at best — as was previously mentioned, Prospeed's second Porsche was badly damaged at the ELMS test day, so they are likely renting the Crubilé Sport car to run Le Mans. And the mass Aston-Martin Le Mans reduction makes it unlikely that the Gulf Racing UK Aston-Martin would be going.

Even if the ACO could get three or four additional GTE-AM cars as possible reserves, that may or may not cover the remaining possible pre-race drops.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3399272)   #749
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
In terms of new guys - it seems like we have:

#79 Prospeed - Xavier Maassen / TBA / TBA
I would hazard a guess at that being the van Splunteren / Soulet car that was originally scheduled to be entered into ELMS. That said, they will have to find an extra chassis to borrow/buy on top of the running costs. Here's hoping.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3399276)   #750
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
So maybe Paul van Spunteren will take part as well then this year?