Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Sep 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2761354)   #1
skeggy
Rookie

skeggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS fans vote

I've had a look and couldn't find a thread so thought I'd start one to let you all know. If I've missed the thread then sorry!

The ALMS have a vote running, closes tomorrow, and to quote the ALMS:

"One of the most coveted awards in the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón is coming to a vote! It’s time for the final balloting for the annual ‘From the Fans’ award, presented to the individual or group who has made the most significant contribution to the Series or sports car racing on a global stage in the past year."

My vote goes to RLM, simply because without then I, and may others, wouldn't get to follow ALMS, LMS and LeMans.

Link to ALMS vote page (if it doesn't work try www.alms.com)

http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=poll

Vote well and vote often!
BTW you can vote more than once, just wait a few hours and vote again!
Old 21 Sep 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2762360)   #2
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly, John, and Eve, et al at RLM having led from the start, got torpedoed by the GM corporate machine, and lost by, I believe, less than 400 votes in the end. Now, don't get me wrong, Corvette HAVE put a lot in, but no-one would know, or care, if not for some overworked, and hardly overpaid, enthusiasts from the UK!

I think we should get a Gong made, and get GG to present it...
Old 21 Sep 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2762473)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeggy View Post
BTW you can vote more than once, just wait a few hours and vote again!
And there's the reason why I never take these kind of polls seriously...

No wonder the Corvette guys are leading the drivers voting too, though!
Old 21 Sep 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2762561)   #4
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame but John/RLM was simply robbed of victory by manipulation or let's call it electoral fraud by multiple voting...

Old 21 Sep 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2762611)   #5
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
It's a shame but John/RLM was simply robbed of victory by manipulation or let's call it electoral fraud by multiple voting...

Agreed, Hindy and RLM have done far more for the series worldwide than what Fehan and Corvette ever will do.

Perhaps the award should be renamed From the Corvette Fans.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2762785)   #6
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously there are more Corvette fans than those for an over opinionated Maccum
Old 22 Sep 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2763103)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Over-opinonated or not, I voted for RLM, not specifically JH.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2763146)   #8
skeggy
Rookie

skeggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Agreed, Hindy and RLM have done far more for the series worldwide than what Fehan and Corvette ever will do.

Perhaps the award should be renamed From the Corvette Fans.
The Badboyvette website had, and still does, on it's homepage a 'call to arms' for people to vote for Corvette. They said:
"No one works harder or more passionately for Corvette fans than godug."

I've no doubt thta Doug does work very hard for Covette fans but RLM/RSL work very hard for ALL the fans.

I case anyone is interested the following is the press release from RLM/RSL after the vote:

Radio Show Limited, the team behind Radiolemans.com, have been confirmed as the 'people's choice' broadcaster in the prestigious American Le Mans Series "From the Fans" award.

The award is made annually to the person or group who the fans feel have made the biggest contribution to the world of sportscar racing.

Despite sportscar racing being covered worldwide by major networks including CBS, Speed TV, Motors TV and Eurosport, the RSL team were the only broadcasters to make the last stage of the award and led the voting into the closing hours.

"We were very honoured just to be in the final five and the support we received from fans was incredible," said Eve Hewitt, Managing Director of RSL. "Aside from the votes, an unexpected bonus has been the many touching personal messages we have received from fans, drivers, teams, infact people right across the sportscar world."

After an amazing flurry of voting for their closest rival closed what had been a substantial gap, Radio Show Limited were finally overhauled in the early hours of Monday morning UK time. "To be pipped at the post by the whole might and resources of the second largest car company in the world is no disgrace," said Director of RSL John Hindhaugh, who followed the vote from Portugal where he was commentating on Superleague Formula for live TV. "There were GT cars here as well so I think we picked up a few votes from the press room at least," he joked. "Against the voting machine mustered by supporters of our main opponent it is remarkable that the votes of sportscar enthusiasts kept us ahead for so long. "

Eve Hewitt points out that this vote of confidence is as much an endorsement of the exciting nature of the sport as of the RSL team. "We only 'report' we don't actually 'do' anything to affect the racing. That is down to the teams, drivers and the Series we cover. You could say that the action on the track almost speaks for itself."

With financial partners essential to ALMS Radio this remarkable show of support strengthens the proposition for the service, as John Hindhaugh explains. "This is a tremendous success story. After being underwritten by the Series since its inception, ALMS radio is moving into a second season of commercial independence."

EA Sports, Nissan, Piloti, and Grand Prix Racewear are among the new partners RSL have identified since taking over the commercial responsibility of the ALMS broadcasts. Eve Hewitt is quick to point out that the audience figures are very attractive. "Last October over half a million people heard our live race coverage of Petit Le Mans. In race week 2009 the Le Mans 24 Hours attracted over 3.1 million visitor to www.radiolemans.com These numbers are a result of the hard work of an outstanding team and our loyal, committed audience. Our commercial partners recognise the value that we deliver which is how we raise the operating budget for our broadcasts. The result of this vote confirms the position of Radio Show Limited as the world leader in endurance racing coverage and Tribal Marketing."

The Radio Show Limited produced ALMS service is presented by Porsche in association with Michelin and Flying Lizard Motorsport.

Radiolemans.com will begin Petit Le Mans coverage with a special broadcast from the Michelin Motorsport on Main event in Greenville Thursday 23rd September and there will be a special edition of Midweek Motorsport from Road Atlanta on 29th just before the PLM field is on track. Full schedule details can be found at www.radiolemans.com