Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Jan 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2617206)   #1251
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
At Sebring and Petit they will be P1 and P2
But for the championship they will count them as one class I guess then??
Old 21 Jan 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2617207)   #1252
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Adrian Fernandez aiming to run AMR Lola Aston in ALMS & LM - Autosport print ed. & Sebringraceway

Taken from Mariantic ..... hope this happens .
This could save the 2010 ALMS for me...
Old 21 Jan 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2617211)   #1253
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I would agree - but I seem to remember that they only brought one the first year
Correct, but Audi was the favorite that year and it was really a learning run for Pug. That's why a full speed run with the possibility of failure wasn't that bad for them, but this year, they are simply expected to win so better to hedge your bets.

DK
Old 22 Jan 2010, 00:47 (Ref:2617259)   #1254
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2-R View Post
Hell yea! That'd be an incredible addition!
Old 22 Jan 2010, 01:21 (Ref:2617272)   #1255
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Adrian Fernandez aiming to run AMR Lola Aston in ALMS & LM - Autosport print ed. & Sebringraceway

That would be a heck of a shot in the arm to the P class this year! Good luck to Adrian!

Chris
Old 22 Jan 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2617284)   #1256
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

That would be fantastic! Hope it comes to fruition.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 02:32 (Ref:2617287)   #1257
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancecooley View Post
oh for gods sake and the ACO.... these ACO rules races are WAY more confusing than they need to be
For the ALMS LMP championship, part time teams and drivers(namely the teams that run Sebring and PLM-the two events run to the full ACO rules package) won't be offcially classified in the championship this year to simply the points tables.

IMSA hopes to be closer to the ACO's rules in 2011, if not 2012.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2617355)   #1258
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
For the ALMS LMP championship, part time teams and drivers(namely the teams that run Sebring and PLM-the two events run to the full ACO rules package) won't be offcially classified in the championship this year to simply the points tables.

IMSA hopes to be closer to the ACO's rules in 2011, if not 2012.
It's unlikely the GT1 category would be re-ignited in the American LM Series anytime soon... Only the Corvettes and some Part-Time Saleens S7's and Aston Martin DBR9's ran in the class for the past 3 Seasons. The organizers should just focus on growing the GT2 class to a constantly packed field. GT1 is, unfortunately, on Death Row.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2617448)   #1259
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
According to the AMR_Teams Twitter page (provides news/updates on customer programmes), they expect to see a Gulf-liveried Lola-AMR the ALMS.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2617475)   #1260
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
But for the championship they will count them as one class I guess then??
That's my point-

the same team could easily win P2 at both Sebring & PLM.
Anyone running a P1 car is going to struggle to make the podium at these events because of all the special appearences.

So season long, the poor sod running a P1 car will have 2 races less to accumulate a decent haul of points.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2617483)   #1261
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
According to the AMR_Teams Twitter page (provides news/updates on customer programmes), they expect to see a Gulf-liveried Lola-AMR the ALMS.
So multiple websites are reporting parts of this story, when will we see a full press release with details!?
Old 22 Jan 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2617490)   #1262
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
ger80 (who also posts on here) wrote at Gt-eins.de that autosport says four ALMS races, not a complete schedule. And I am not sure if mariantic changed their text of it it already said so before, but now it says "some ALMS" + LM.

I wonder what four ALMS races that would be... Sebring, Long Beach, Laguna as a preparation for LM and then PLM?
Old 22 Jan 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2617665)   #1263
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
ger80 (who also posts on here) wrote at Gt-eins.de that autosport says four ALMS races, not a complete schedule. And I am not sure if mariantic changed their text of it it already said so before, but now it says "some ALMS" + LM.

I wonder what four ALMS races that would be... Sebring, Long Beach, Laguna as a preparation for LM and then PLM?
I doubt they would risk it in the concrete canyons of Long Beach.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2617701)   #1264
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autoweek is saying the RSR Jag team will have 2 cars with Pruett partnering with Goosens in one car and Gentilozzi in the other with a TBA driver. Would be great if they had 2 cars, and there are only 2 overlapping dates for Pruett with his GRANDAM commitments.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2617717)   #1265
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Anyone have any idea if this might be more than just Sebring?

I'm debating whether to go to Sebring or Laguna Seca as I can't do both. Sebring will obviously have the better entry list, but I live in CA, so Laguna would be much cheaper to do.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2617718)   #1266
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Sebring also has Peugeot, that means the race for the overall victory is probably already decided.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2617733)   #1267
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Sebring also has Peugeot, that means the race for the overall victory is probably already decided.
Unfortunately you're probably right. I've been lucky enough to see the Pugs race twice now, so where this Aston is, or is not racing will likely make up my decision for me
Old 23 Jan 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2617825)   #1268
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I doubt they would risk it in the concrete canyons of Long Beach.
The Autosport report (on p.25 of the current issue) talks about "the blue riband ALMS races at Sebring, Long Beach and Petit Le Mans" - like you I'm surprised at Long Beach's inclusion and Laguna Seca would make a lot more sense - to be honest I'd take all the details about this with a pinch of salt. I suspect this is a programme that Fernandez and a car owner is trying to put together at the moment and most of the printed speculation about it so far is just that.

Were I of the betting persuasion I might see Sebring, Laguna Seca, and PLM as likely in the US, and the likes of Long Beach and Lime Rock as less likely.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2617830)   #1269
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
The Autosport report (on p.25 of the current issue) talks about "the blue riband ALMS races at Sebring, Long Beach and Petit Le Mans" - like you I'm surprised at Long Beach's inclusion and Laguna Seca would make a lot more sense - to be honest I'd take all the details about this with a pinch of salt. I suspect this is a programme that Fernandez and a car owner is trying to put together at the moment and most of the printed speculation about it so far is just that.

Were I of the betting persuasion I might see Sebring, Laguna Seca, and PLM as likely in the US, and the likes of Long Beach and Lime Rock as less likely.

Unless the mystery owner is a Los Angelian.

L.P.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2618560)   #1270
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport Online
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81041
Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2618593)   #1271
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
some LMS and ALMS races are shortly one week back to back...
Were it not that way, ...

ALMS
free
Euro LMS (possibly many races)
free
ALMS

= 4 weeks at least between two ALMS (or Euro LMS) races. That's impossible.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2618602)   #1272
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh that is great news. Go Adrien!
Nothing about the color. Unless Adrien is going to work for AMR on this or Gulf funds the project, it might need some additional coatings of color.
Gulf or no gulf, this would be good news for ALMS, at least until Le Mans.

There might be a problem, again, for the summer months, like last year.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2618628)   #1273
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The summer last year is when the ALMS picked up most momentum. The addition of Corvette and Cytosport were huge, BMW came to the front of GT2, the ALMS announced the new class structures, which I think put a spring in their step, entries for PLM began popping up in rumors and confirmations. It was St. Pete, Long Beach, and Miller last year that were the toughest rounds.

The rumor I've heard says that the car will be in Gulf Oil colors, which means Gulf U.S. would at least be signing off on the project.

Has anyone heard what will come of Luis Diaz this year? That man can drive a race car! It would be immensely unfortunate were he to miss out on an ALMS P-seat. Perhaps Drayson would look at him for the third seat, though I imagine they would be looking for an English talent.

Chris
Old 24 Jan 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2618698)   #1274
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I heard that Chris Buncombe is in line for the possible seat ?

Wish Fernandez could fix his issues with Tecate Beer , those colors were lovely .
Old 25 Jan 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2619176)   #1275
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

The rumor I've heard says that the car will be in Gulf Oil colors, which means Gulf U.S. would at least be signing off on the project.
The buyer/collector of the car could very well be funding the effort.