Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Mar 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3219097)   #276
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
It definitely is, but from my TV-less Canadian position it's hardly convenient. I hope after the merger things get better for the whole of NA!

I'm with ya brother!

L.P.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3219101)   #277
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I don't find the link on alms page .
If you should find yourself in need of an ALMS feed again, during the window of broadcast (5 min. prior?), go to the ALMS site, on the main page click the 'MULTIMEDIA' tab/drop down, the bottom selection is 'Watch Live' and viola.

L.P.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3219102)   #278
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speed 2 - last time I asked the person at Comcast in town had never heard of Speed 2. At least they are showing ALMS.com in America this year, I thought that was kind of strange last year to leave the home country of the race/series out in the cold...
Old 15 Mar 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3219111)   #279
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pole lap can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y05IsJYCJCY

The pole lap itself begins at around the 7min 20sec mark.

From the onboard, it looks like Audi has A LOT of torque in the car!

Last edited by gregtummer; 15 Mar 2013 at 23:17.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3219125)   #280
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's a diesel; one would expect it to have quite a lot of torque.

Here's a rundown of what I've found just doing a quick search:
Audi R10 TDI- 650-hp, 948-ft-lb
Audi R15 TDI- 650-hp, 774-ft-lb
Audi R15+ TDI- 590-hp, 774-ft-lb
Audi R18 TDI- 540-hp, N/A-ft-lb
Audi R18 Ultra- 510-hp, 627-ft-lb
Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro- (510-hp)+(2x101-hp), 627-ft-lb

Obviously, I think we can expect that the official figures are conservative; the R10 and R15 were making more in the range of 700-750-hp based on what trickled out of various places. I'd expect that the turbo, V6 diesel in the R18 is actually making a healthy 600 horsepower.

Thanks for the video link of the qualifying onboard.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3219126)   #281
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So its a 1.30am start for the ALMS stream tomorrow morning for us Aussies on the east coast. I'll remember to grab some red bull, I think Im gonna need it
Old 16 Mar 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3219128)   #282
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post

Incredible hearing the KERS suck up the energy during braking and then you can hear those electric motors start to spool up and sound like turbos while expending the energy just recovered. Powerful stuff. They have a lot more than just diesel torque going on there!

Amazing how smoothly Audi have integrated it into the car to make it drivable (I say from behind the keyboard).
Old 16 Mar 2013, 00:45 (Ref:3219129)   #283
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
...also meant to add that for the drivers they can hear two distinct propulsion systems working and their hearing must monitor both. That was pretty cool that! The diesel pounds away while in the background you can hear the motors pouring it on.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3219131)   #284
John Edwards
Rookie

John Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We’ve made a lot of progress on the car over the week. Joey was the last one to drive the car and he says it’s the best it’s been all week. Unfortunately I don’t get another stint before the race. I have to hop in when it really matters, even after having a day off today without driving. There’s a bit of pressure there, but I think that we’ll have a solid car. I don’t think the car will be the fastest overall. Since it’s a brand new car, we’ve had to work pretty hard on developing it. We’ll have to work on that over the next few races. Team Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has been the winners of this race for the past two years in a row, they’ve proved that as a team they can excel in the race. Even if we don’t have the fastest car we’ll be in competition for the win or at least a podium and some good points at the end.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3219141)   #285
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

thxs for sharing...
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:04 (Ref:3219144)   #286
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Edwards View Post
We’ve made a lot of progress on the car over the week. Joey was the last one to drive the car and he says it’s the best it’s been all week. Unfortunately I don’t get another stint before the race. I have to hop in when it really matters, even after having a day off today without driving. There’s a bit of pressure there, but I think that we’ll have a solid car. I don’t think the car will be the fastest overall. Since it’s a brand new car, we’ve had to work pretty hard on developing it. We’ll have to work on that over the next few races. Team Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has been the winners of this race for the past two years in a row, they’ve proved that as a team they can excel in the race. Even if we don’t have the fastest car we’ll be in competition for the win or at least a podium and some good points at the end.
Thanks for taking the time to post! The cars look quick of that means anything. Been following you since your GTO.R days.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:45 (Ref:3219157)   #287
gregtummer
Veteran

What odds would you need to be given to bet on someone other than Audi to win?

20to1?
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:50 (Ref:3219160)   #288
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jalponik's unique perspective on Sebring.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/61s...uide-453897726
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:55 (Ref:3219162)   #289
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What odds would you need to be given to bet on someone other than Audi to win?

20to1?
Better than that. They've made mistakes before. The difference in speed during practice is not discernable for once... If that means anything. GT field may be the closest ever? Front to back anyone has a chance.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 03:06 (Ref:3219164)   #290
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Does anybody know where there are some good shots of the updates on the Risi car?
Old 16 Mar 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3219276)   #291
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Today's Mobile 1 the grid had a very good feature on Corvette's Sebring test looks like it will be a good race would be nice to be there but will have to watch on line if i can get the link to work
Old 16 Mar 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3219405)   #292
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Does anybody know where there are some good shots of the updates on the Risi car?
I think your best bet will be liking their Facebook page, and maybe following their twitter feed if they have one too.

https://www.facebook.com/RisiCompeti...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3219406)   #293
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame we wont get to see the true performance of the factory driven Aston Martin over a race distance due to the radiator issue.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3219407)   #294
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3219409)   #295
gregtummer
Veteran

After the first 1 hour and 15 minutes, the Audis had lapped the entire field.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3219413)   #296
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have just turned Motors TV on and the Deltawing has blown up.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3219414)   #297
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Delta Wing dead... LOL Unexpected.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3219415)   #298
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's that? People said they didn't expect the Wang to have engine troubles? Teh lulz!
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3219417)   #299
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zero surprise to see the DW go up in smoke. They did well to get it back out after they stopped in first 10mins.

Speaking of going bang - good to see the forum is back!
Old 16 Mar 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3219419)   #300
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finally managed to get the stream working (touch wood) as Motors coverage disappears in the UK.

Same can't be said of the live timing. I take it that it's frozen for everyone else too?