Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2003, 01:56 (Ref:523059)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Falcon EL

Falcon EL, are you in the frame for any endurance drive.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 02:06 (Ref:523072)   #2
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His sports sedan is a nice piece of gear. Falcon EL you can get the horsepower you are looking for out of a filled set of 4V's easily(have seen 2V engines make over 500HP ported right).
Old 3 Mar 2003, 03:05 (Ref:523101)   #3
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Falcon EL

Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Falcon EL, are you in the frame for any endurance drive.
Shyte! I've got a thread named after me!!

I'd drive one tomorrow if I could!!

I've known guys who have taken their opportunities for granted and just gone through the motions in their V8 Supercar careers, but I know I'd eat, sleep and breathe it if I could be involved. In fact I'd insist on sleeping in the car itself to make sure the drive was mine!!

Unfortunately it all comes down to money. My old man isn't wealthy enough to shoehorn me into a V8 Supercar drive so that limits my options.

I'm not really that interested in trying to generate the sort of money required to drive someone elses car in a one-off endurance campaign. If that means that I'm destined not to drive a V8 Supercar at Bathurst then so be it. It's not sour grapes, it's just that there are plenty of other guys who are willing to conform to the "pay driver" syndrome who would get a ride long before me for that reason regardless of their level of ability.

I've been enjoying driving the Falcon Sports Sedan over the past few years and getting close to the times V8 Supercars are capable of in it and at least proving to myself that I would be capable of driving a V8 Supercar relatively quickly.

Thanks for asking anyway Pete! If the whole deal wasn't so money driven, maybe I'd be in the frame. Look how long it's taken Riccardello, someone of similar age/type of equipment as myself to secure a drive in a decent V8 Supercar.

CD.
CD.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 03:13 (Ref:523110)   #4
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a pitty that money dictates all but maybe this year teams will be looking for a driver who can handle the V8 type race car and if you put your name out there somebody might want to try you out. It looks like all the top drivers (i mean ones in V8 supercars) are in single cars this year so good codrivers will be needed.
Craig Harris has a good AU there needing a driver CD.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 03:18 (Ref:523113)   #5
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
Quote:
Originally posted by moffman
His sports sedan is a nice piece of gear. Falcon EL you can get the horsepower you are looking for out of a filled set of 4V's easily(have seen 2V engines make over 500HP ported right).
That profile hasn't been updated for a while Moffman.

For last season, we replaced the iron heads in favour of a set of C302B Aluminium Heads. Amazing the difference a nice flow of air/fuel/exhaust gas can make to an engine!!

We use the Ford 351 Cleveland Block bored to +10, Two Bolt Mains, Standard Cleveland Crankshaft ground to smaller Chevy journal sizes.

To complete the picture, 6" Lunati Conrods, Wiseco Pistons, Roller Camshaft/Followers, Yella Terra Roller Rockers, Titanium Inlet/Stainless Exhaust Valves, Ford Motorsport Distributor, Double Row Timing Chain, Ford Motorsport Manifold, BG 850 cfi Carburettor.

We use a Three Stage Weaver Dry Sump Pump and an Aluminium Radiator and Oil Cooler.

We went from a fairly tame 400-450hp with the iron heads to 567hp with the Aluminium versions which makes us a lot more competitive.

CD.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 03:34 (Ref:523123)   #6
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
Quote:
Originally posted by moffman
That profile hasn't been updated for a while Moffman.

For last season, we replaced the iron heads in favour of a set of C302B Aluminium Heads. Amazing the difference a nice flow of air/fuel/exhaust gas can make to an engine!!

We use the Ford 351 Cleveland Block bored to +10, Two Bolt Mains, Standard Cleveland Crankshaft ground to smaller Chevy journal sizes.

To complete the picture, 6" Lunati Conrods, Wiseco Pistons, Roller Camshaft/Followers, Yella Terra Roller Rockers, Titanium Inlet/Stainless Exhaust Valves, Ford Motorsport Distributor, Double Row Timing Chain, Ford Motorsport Manifold, BG 850 cfi Carburettor.

We use a Three Stage Weaver Dry Sump Pump and an Aluminium Radiator and Oil Cooler.

We went from a fairly tame 400-450hp with the iron heads to 567hp with the Aluminium versions which makes us a lot more competitive.

CD.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 03:55 (Ref:523136)   #7
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice mate. Will you be doing any racing in NSW this year?
Old 3 Mar 2003, 06:58 (Ref:523200)   #8
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland

Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
It's a pitty that money dictates all but maybe this year teams will be looking for a driver who can handle the V8 type race car and if you put your name out there somebody might want to try you out. It looks like all the top drivers (i mean ones in V8 supercars) are in single cars this year so good codrivers will be needed.
Craig Harris has a good AU there needing a driver CD.
Yeah, thanks Pete.

I've always got an ear to the ground looking for the right opportunities, money or no money.

Should give Craig a call I guess.

CD.