Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3393842)   #276
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Long range FC is showing a bit of sun for sunday aswell now from 1pm - 4pm, so hopefully will continue to improve. Silverstone has always had a weather system all its own, who knows, we might be in shorts and t-shirts yet !!!!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3393846)   #277
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep those fingers and lillywhite legs crossed!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3393882)   #278
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Can I stop dancing now? My legs are getting a bit tired.......
Post-op, shouldn't you be sitting with feet up, rather than engaging in a rain-dance?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3393893)   #279
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess so, but some things you just can't resist......

(Not really of course).
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3393935)   #280
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Figure it has to rain on Sunday..oh well hopefully it leads to more interesting racing.

I know I am new here and I haven't posted too much. But would it be possible for me to join the Ten-Tenths meeting as well?
You are welcome to join us, not sure how you will know it is us but quite a few of the regulars from Le mans will be there so perhaps look at the photo's from the previous meets there (they are named so that helps) use either those posted on the threads or try Aysedasi's web site

http://www.aysedasi.co.u
Myself, isinge and Bentley will certainly be there as will a fair few others or look for a large group of mostly blokes some wearing funny hats (straw hat for me if it is sunny dark felt one if it is raining) so hopefully meet you there

Simon
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3393936)   #281
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any place close to the track to watch the feeder series on Sunday morning on Sky?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3393940)   #282
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i doubt it but hotel room will have a telly if up at 4 in the morning
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3393941)   #283
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish I could be there, regardless of the weather. I'll take crappy weather over crappy racing (a la TUSCC) any day. Might watch the live stream while taking a cold shower to get a feel for being there!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:21 (Ref:3393943)   #284
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Remember to leave the window open as it is the bitting wind that really gets you at silverstone
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3393952)   #285
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And buy yourself a box of the cheapest, nastiest burgers you can find and some stale rolls and you can have the Divine Burger experience as well!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3393953)   #286
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah and point the shower head sideways as well. it very rarely rains from above at silverstone
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3393954)   #287
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh yes and make sure the temperature is on freezing cold for that authentic silverstone feeling
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3393956)   #288
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Silverstone

Must admit these days I'd rather stay home and watch it on TV...but our whole family is going again this year...I never know where to spectate from these days...I used to have my favourite places, but all the changes to the place has me lost as to where's best to watch from and keep the rest of the family happy! I might just abandon them and go walking around like I used to do!

Having said that I can't bear going to LeMans (been going since 1966) it's such an awful place to spectate...until most people clear off during the night, then you can actually see! Think I'll watch it on TV again in my armchair again this year.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3393957)   #289
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh yes and make sure the temperature is on freezing cold for that authentic silverstone feeling
extra bonus points if you station the missus on the bathroom door in a hi-viz jacket and have to argue your way in even though your ticket clearly states you're entitled to be there.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3393958)   #290
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh yes and you can be feed horrid food at the same time
Old 17 Apr 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3393960)   #291
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Must admit these days I'd rather stay home and watch it on TV...but our whole family is going again this year...I never know where to spectate from these days...I used to have my favourite places, but all the changes to the place has me lost as to where's best to watch from and keep the rest of the family happy! I might just abandon them and go walking around like I used to do!

Having said that I can't bear going to LeMans (been going since 1966) it's such an awful place to spectate...until most people clear off during the night, then you can actually see! Think I'll watch it on TV again in my armchair again this year.
Oh, there are marvelous places to watch from - the inside of Tertre Rouge (I could watch from there for hours) and particularly Arnage - although I admit that these places are just stunningly wonderful at night when I agree the number of spectators starts to drop.....

At Silverstone - whatever you do, watch from a little back from the entry to Becketts. With the speed the top LMPs do into the first part of Becketts - its mesmerising.....
Old 17 Apr 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3393963)   #292
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
As much as like watoching a race on tv, nothing beats the experience of being there live.
Nowadays it is so easy to follow the races at the track, at Le Mans we have the big screens and radio Le Mans, does silverstone also have big screens for the race?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3393965)   #293
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was mention of some screens in the international pit area.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3393971)   #294
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Bella's comment gets a massive thumbs up.
Then add in being moved on during the race, from a photo wiondow, despite having previously used it, without hassle, all weekend previously.
So for that proper Silverstone feel, watch the TV through 3 layers of chicken wire, with a couple of power cables in the way...

Hmmm. Anyone want to buy 2 tickets? I'm not sure I want to go anymore!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3393977)   #295
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You are welcome to join us, not sure how you will know it is us but quite a few of the regulars from Le mans will be there so perhaps look at the photo's from the previous meets there (they are named so that helps) use either those posted on the threads or try Aysedasi's web site

http://www.aysedasi.co.u
Myself, isinge and Bentley will certainly be there as will a fair few others or look for a large group of mostly blokes some wearing funny hats (straw hat for me if it is sunny dark felt one if it is raining) so hopefully meet you there

Simon
Cheers.......I will try to find you guys....I might end up being the creepy guy asking everybody around if they are for the Ten-Tenths meeting.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3393988)   #296
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And overpriced food, no decent access to new the pit complex, marshals shouting at you the instant you start the pit lane walk, empty grandstands with views that you are not allowed in. Yeh sounds like Silverstone...

Yet I still intend to venture up Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
How much?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3393999)   #297
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
The photo hole and chicken wire comment struck a chord with me. Any chance you're heading up north to Cheshire on Monday?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3394069)   #298
optica
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
optica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I only live 10 miles away and have watched Silverstone get less and less attractive for spectators since I started going there in the 1950s. No-one who saw the original balls-out Woodcote will ever forget it but the Mickey Mouse layout that it has now become is far less memorable. I do concur, though, that the entrance to the Beckett's complex can still give a buzz despite all the wire you have to peer through but the circuit is now a pale shadow of what it once was. More than ever it is an old boy's club that makes much of its history but has little consideration for the real enthusiasts.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3394093)   #299
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just had a look over the silversotne track map for the WEC and I want to ask is there a way to get accross the International Pit Straight to the paddock and pits area or do you have to make a detour to get there?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3394094)   #300
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
I just had a look over the silversotne track map for the WEC and I want to ask is there a way to get accross the International Pit Straight to the paddock and pits area or do you have to make a detour to get there?
Nope detour time...

Silverstone is IMO really unfriendly to the spectating public. You're miles offtrack and you have no ways to take shortcuts to get to other parts of the circuit.