Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Apr 2012, 01:01 (Ref:3065646)   #476
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
SGT will allow DTM rules cars. Nissan and Toyota are going to build cars for SGT according to those rules, which will probably be balanced with the Honda built to the old rules. There is no word yet on whether the Japanese cars will appear in DTM.
Honda will not to build a DTM rules car because Honda want to built a SuperGT based in the new NSX mid engine car. Remember the press conference published by Japanese Samurai the last month

Quote:
Sunday press conference by Masaaki Bandoh (chairman of GTA)
*It is difficulut to unify regulations with DTM.
*However, we are continuing deliberations with ITR.
*Deadline for 2014 regulations is May 2012.
*We are ready to accept SGT participation of new DTM cars. BMW wants to participate in SGT.
*We thinks as important thinking that Honda wants to participate in SGT by midship NSX.
*We would like to enact the regulation which accepts midship NSX.
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=40068
Old 26 Apr 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3065686)   #477
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't that a 1st of April joke?
Old 26 Apr 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3065714)   #478
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
From what I've heard the Germans are demanding not only SGT to adopt a German-spec tub, but actually a German-built tub. Which is ridiculous, IMO.
Good luck with that guys, that aint happening anytime soon.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3065727)   #479
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
HWA said a lot in the past...not much became reality...first see than believe.
I know. And it doesn't look smart when HE announces that Toyota and Nissan will built DTM-spec cars...
Old 26 Apr 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3065753)   #480
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I know. And it doesn't look smart when HE announces that Toyota and Nissan will built DTM-spec cars...
indeed - I think you can see where the issue lies
Old 26 Apr 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3065781)   #481
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nissan is expanding her motorsport presence year after year, can't be excluded that nismo will keep their gt500 in japan while JR or some other tuner with the nismo collaboration will run a gt-r program built with dtm spec.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3065802)   #482
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Neither side wants to budge on the engine and chassis formula I think. I can see why, the GT500 chassis are awesome
+1

It's effing ridiculous that ITR want the Japanese to use a German built tub.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3065812)   #483
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should hear what the Racecar Engineering guest said on MWM! He wasn't at all pleased with the Germans.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3065976)   #484
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
little off topic about dtm, the sunday hockeneim race will be available in streaming somewhere?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 06:17 (Ref:3066018)   #485
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
little off topic about dtm, the sunday hockeneim race will be available in streaming somewhere?
The only stream I know about is the ARD one, but it's Germans only.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3066051)   #486
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according some rumors, they planning to streaming soon. (WW)
Old 27 Apr 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3066095)   #487
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
You should hear what the Racecar Engineering guest said on MWM! He wasn't at all pleased with the Germans.
That he was and Sam isn't wrong about the reaction. In terms of Japanese culture, what the ITR did by leaving was essential p*ss on the GTA, and it hasn't gone down well with them, nor the public. My best mates dad is out there working for Panasonic (shameless plug for some free TVs )and as an avid SGT fan, he's annoyed!

Quote:
From what I've heard the Germans are demanding not only SGT to adopt a German-spec tub, but actually a German-built tub. Which is ridiculous, IMO.
Pretty sure that it's a Dallara tub.

Listen to MWM with Collins, he has a few interesting things to say, especially regarding why the Germans want to push their chassis on the Japanese. And I agree that they're done with negotiations for the foreseeable future.

More power to SGT I say
Old 27 Apr 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3066249)   #488
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Listen to MWM with Collins, he has a few interesting things to say, especially regarding why the Germans want to push their chassis on the Japanese. And I agree that they're done with negotiations for the foreseeable future.

More power to SGT I say
Can I join this conversation? But anyway, instead of buying the tub-chassis from Germany, why not let the Japanese make themselves with the same specification. Kinda like what Dallara did to IndyCar this year when the DW12 chassis is being built in the USA.

Of course, if the unification between Super GT, DTM completed without a hitch, it's the question of what will they do next? Personally, I wanna see Trans-Am joining in the rule unification bandwagon instead of Grand-Am since... Where would those DPs fit against the likes of GT500s and DTM cars?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3066350)   #489
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I'd much rather SGT than DTM. If the unification took place I'd rather have it on SGT technical regulations. Them building cars to DTM regs would be cool, but SGT is better IMO. If they would unify, I would hope that DTM makes just prefer to build a GT500 car. Not try to run a DTM and try to force the Japanese to make a car to DTM rules with using a spec chassis that's not even made by them.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3066358)   #490
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Dallara produces most of the carbon fiber standard parts, but according to http://www.speedweek.de/art_20381.html and http://forum.dtm.com/viewtopic.php?p=145746#p145746 the monocoque is produced by Gerg/KLK Motorsport.

In http://www.dtm.com/en/News/DTM-2012-...-standard.html Christian Schacht from DMSB stresses the German origin of the carbon fibre monocoque.
Quote:
“The new monocoque that will be used by all manufacturers next year is a quantum leap in terms of safety. The carbonfibre crash absorbers are protecting the drivers and absorb a major part of the energy after an impact. Thus, the drivers are prone to less acceleration forces in case of an accident. Moreover, the fuel cell is surrounded by a huge amount of carbonfibre. DEKRA has accompanied the process with its great knowledge. Absolute safety is wishful thinking, but with this concept, safety was enhanced further while reducing costs at the same time. The carbonfibre used by the manufacturers in the DTM is being produced in Germany. This has significantly strengthened this branch of industry in Germany.”
Old 27 Apr 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3066359)   #491
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I've heard that the tub is designed by Dallara but produced in Germany.

Unfortunately I don't follow SGT, mostly due to very limited non-japanese coverage, but from what I'm hearing, DTM needs SGT more that SGT needs DTM, at least in terms of the sporting and technical side of things. I had a chance to watch DTM last year and the first couple of rounds bored the hell out of me, so I gave up (again).
I hope the powers behind SGT don't let ITR come and mess up their unique series.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3066387)   #492
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
A slight tangent from our ITR GTA speculation, hate etc, SGT rockstar Satoshi Motoyama completes the DW lineup
Old 28 Apr 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3066499)   #493
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've heard that the tub is designed by Dallara but produced in Germany.
Last year I read on the forum of dtm.com KLK Motorsport is responsible for the tub. Don't know if it's true. From their website I get the impression they have strong links with VAG.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3066523)   #494
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Last year I read on the forum of dtm.com KLK Motorsport is responsible for the tub. Don't know if it's true. From their website I get the impression they have strong links with VAG.
Haha, check this! Either they're very bad liars or they're some sort of Audi skunkworks...

According to this thread, it seems that KLK are responsible for all the monocoques, and the KLK site does show what appears to be a DTM one. They are also partnered with Gerg, who are heavily involved in tub related things with Audi.

For those that didn't catch what Sam was saying on MWM, basically he eluded to that fact that it wasn't that it was really a trust issue or lack of parity but more that he felt the ITR and teams involved in DTM weren't rolling in money, and that because of this, the cars would have to be cut back due to financial constraints. If they could shell out, for arguments sake another 20 to the Japs, then they would be able to negate some of the impact and put more money into developement for aero and engines. Basically, as someone mentioned before, in this marriage, the ITR needed the GTA more than the other way around. Super GT is super popular, is a massive draw with HUGE promotion etc.

Last edited by aneesh99; 28 Apr 2012 at 13:17.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3066528)   #495
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Which MWM episode is this? The one from last Wednesday?
Old 28 Apr 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3066538)   #496
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Which MWM episode is this? The one from last Wednesday?
Episode 12, Sam is on at around 1h 36mins.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3066558)   #497
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Haha, check this! Either they're very bad liars or they're some sort of Audi skunkworks...
It is no secret that Gerg/KLK make carbon fiber parts for Audi Sport, for its DTM and LMP1 cars.
Quote:
According to this thread, it seems that KLK are responsible for all the monocoques, and the KLK site does show what appears to be a DTM one. They are also partnered with Gerg, who are heavily involved in tub related things with Audi.
All this information is in the two references that I posted earlier. The standardized monocoque is designed by Dallara and produced by Gerg/KLK.
Quote:
In order to give the newcomers a slight advantage, BMW had received, as opposed to Audi and Mercedes, a pre-production model of the new unitary monocoque, which the engineers of all three manufacturers have developed together with the DMSB and whose production is done by cooperation of the partner companies KLK (conception) and Gerg (production).
source: http://www.speedweek.de/art_20381.html

http://forum.dtm.com/viewtopic.php?p=145746#p145746 has a list of all suppliers of the standard DTM components:
  • Dallara: aerodynamic parts (rear wing, rear diffuser, underbody, front diffuser)
  • Hewland: gearbox
  • KLK/Gerg: chassis
  • Aral: fuel
  • AP: brakes
  • Bosch: electronics
  • Hankook: tyres
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3066631)   #498
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Apologies for the repost and general ignorance on my part

Still sad that the ITR and GTA couldn't come to some sort of understanding, I for one would have loved to see a Toyota, Nissan and Honda vs Audi, BMW and Mercedes. Imagine if we had a world championship for that instead of GT1 World!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 07:02 (Ref:3066780)   #499
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apologies for the repost and general ignorance on my part

Still sad that the ITR and GTA couldn't come to some sort of understanding, I for one would have loved to see a Toyota, Nissan and Honda vs Audi, BMW and Mercedes. Imagine if we had a world championship for that instead of GT1 World!
I would like to see that too... If only that tub-chassis thing is resolved. (I wish the Japanese could build one to their country with the same specs as the DTM tubs)

Still, I would also add Trans-Am to the mix since their cars are silhouette-type. This too needs some help from DTM and Super GT.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 07:14 (Ref:3066782)   #500
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully they can still reach an agreement. Maybe BMW will lead the way with a GT500 machine and the other German makes will follow suit.