Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Apr 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2863772)   #26
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI, practice is about to get going.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2863791)   #27
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there something wrong with the #4 Corvette? 30+ minutes into the session and it has not gone out yet at least according to T&S. I believe everyone else put in hot laps.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2863805)   #28
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still just a practice session? Geez I thought I missed half the race....haha
Old 15 Apr 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2863813)   #29
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Is there something wrong with the #4 Corvette? 30+ minutes into the session and it has not gone out yet at least according to T&S. I believe everyone else put in hot laps.
Halfshaft replacement. On track now.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2863818)   #30
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Halfshaft replacement. On track now.
Yep, Gavin is up to speed now.

Tucker must feel like he wasted his money switching from LMPC to LMP2. All of the LMPCs are faster than the fastest LMP2. 2.5+ sec. difference between the fastest LMPC and LMP2. Hopefully the new ACO restrictor break for HPDs will help the team at Spa. I take it that they are running the old restrictor this weekend?
Old 15 Apr 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2863824)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Yep, Gavin is up to speed now.

Tucker must feel like he wasted his money switching from LMPC to LMP2. All of the LMPCs are faster than the fastest LMP2. 2.5+ sec. difference between the fastest LMPC and LMP2. Hopefully the new ACO restrictor break for HPDs will help the team at Spa. I take it that they are running the old restrictor this weekend?
Even with the old restrictors the Level 5 car shouldn't be so slow, there's far more to it than being 40-50bhp down.

Last edited by JAG; 15 Apr 2011 at 15:53.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2863827)   #32
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all!

First post here. Just looking at the live timing for the practise session. At the moment it looks like the Aston Martin and the Lola Mazda are pretty evenly matched: 1:17:066 vs 1:17:089

I just hope to God that those LMP2 Lola HPDs aren't up to full speed as of yet, otherwise that's just embarrassing. They're swamped by most of the GT field at the moment!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2863829)   #33
AGD
Veteran

I'm sure the Lola-HPD package (open or closed, does not matter, Level 5 are running both this weekend) is not as good as the ARX-01-HPD combo, although I guess we will find out at the Le Mans Test Day and at Spa just how big the gap is. Then again, the open top B11/40 is running to the cost cap regs and thus won't be as punished as the ARX-01d is. I'm not sure about the Level 5 coupe.

The Level 5 cars were boat anchors compared to LMPC at Sebring as well so I'm not really sure what we can expect from their program this year.

Guy Smith put in some good laps in the Dyson car and the gap between the Lola Aston and Lola Mazda is not much right now. I'm hoping we get a good race between those two.

EDIT: Actually, the Dyson car just went to the top of the scoring sheet.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2863835)   #34
AGD
Veteran

Bouchut is starting to find some speed in the Lola-HPD coupe. They are still more than a 1.5 sec. off the pace of the top LMPC, but it's a lot better than they were a few minutes ago.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2863970)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Hi all!

First post here. Just looking at the live timing for the practise session. At the moment it looks like the Aston Martin and the Lola Mazda are pretty evenly matched: 1:17:066 vs 1:17:089

I just hope to God that those LMP2 Lola HPDs aren't up to full speed as of yet, otherwise that's just embarrassing. They're swamped by most of the GT field at the moment!
Welcome to Ten-Tenths!

Yah, I guess if there are only 2 P1 cars, at least they are close in time.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2863973)   #36
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably won't be able to watch this as it's 8 hours behind my time! Anywhere I can watch this again on demand, besides ESPN3??
Old 15 Apr 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2863976)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Probably won't be able to watch this as it's 8 hours behind my time! Anywhere I can watch this again on demand, besides ESPN3??
Should be able to watch it on the ALMS site.

looking at the first practice times, and one Jag was faster than one Level 5 car.....OUCH!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2863979)   #38
AGD
Veteran

The ALMS website will post an archived version of the live stream after the ESPN2 highlight package airs here in the United States on Sunday afternoon. Granted, that was supposed to be the case for the Sebring archive, but it did not go up for a few days because of a technical problem. Hopefully it will be uploaded as intended. Everyone should be able to access the ALMS website stream whether they are in the US or not or whether they have ESPN3 access or not.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2863981)   #39
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
looking at the first practice times, and one Jag was faster than one Level 5 car.....OUCH!
The open top car was slow all during the session. The closed top car was a little faster than it's team car all during the session, but it too was super slow as well up until the last 20 minutes or so of the 2 hour session. Hopefully the team found something that will translate to the open top car. Having said that, they are still a bit off the pace of the fastest LMPC car (which happens to be an ex Level 5 Oreca)!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the Dyson car was about 1.5 off the pace of the Muscle Milk Lola Aston until Guy Smith took over from Chris Dyson. He pretty much immediately erased the gap and then put a little bit of a cushion. I can't remember how close Graf and Luhr's times were, but they were probably pretty close. Luhr and Dyson got most of the seat time.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2864040)   #40
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quali broadcast just started. International feed looks more tolerable but I'm not getting any audio...

e: fixed now
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:11 (Ref:2864045)   #41
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Quali broadcast just started. International feed looks more tolerable but I'm not getting any audio...

e: fixed now
You could always use the ALMS Radio link if the international feed audio goes bad again. I'm using that since I don't have ESPN3 at home. It's kind of strange hearing Brian Till, Bill Adam, and Johnny O instead of RLM when I turn on ALMS Radio!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2864046)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They're using Till's and co. commentary instead of Hindy's...

LMP Q should be a cracker... not! You know something is wrong when the Challenge classes are the second best thing of the weekend.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2864048)   #43
AGD
Veteran

I'm having audio problems now with ALMS Radio.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2864049)   #44
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Can you get to the video feed via the ALMS site right now?

I can't seem to find the link, if there is one.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:15 (Ref:2864050)   #45
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Can you get to the video feed via the ALMS site right now?

I can't seem to find the link, if there is one.
It's on the main page. The links are right below the cascading news photos.

ALMS Radio is back up for me.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:19 (Ref:2864056)   #46
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I found it, but that blue print for it is TINY.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2864057)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Melo completely lost his rear wing @ fountain... a bit amateurish.

Hmm maybe ALMS finally got those people from FIA GT to improve the stream quality? Much closer to ESPN3 now.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2864058)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great battle already in GT q'ing! Good stuff.

Edit: I find the streaming to be great on my first sitting watching q'ing on E3. Even looks good on a 50 inch tv.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:38 (Ref:2864060)   #49
Deleted
Veteran

BMW-Vette-BMW... lovely, I was fearing for Porsche revenge.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2864063)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
BMW-Vette-BMW... lovely, I was fearing for Porsche revenge.
they (Porsche) did lose 25kg for this race too.

edit: the Braille Battery car had a bit of a hit, driver come out limping.