Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Apr 2011, 00:54 (Ref:2864064)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rough start to q-ing and a hard lick for the Performance Tech LMPC.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:02 (Ref:2864065)   #52
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ESPN3 guys just interviewed Bouchut. He sure was pining for an LMPC, haha. It sounded like he was holding his tongue! I think he wanted to say "ACO! You eeediots...give me bigger restrictors!"
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:03 (Ref:2864066)   #53
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
they (Porsche) did lose 25kg for this race too.
Hence the reason for my fears

Bouchut summarised pretty perfectly the reasons for LMP2's suckiness this year.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:12 (Ref:2864068)   #54
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Level 5 not bothering to qualify...well, why should they to be honest?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:12 (Ref:2864069)   #55
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Level 5 is protesting?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2864070)   #56
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haha... Level 5 aka entire LMP2 field won't even attempt to qualify! This is just getting better and better.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2864071)   #57
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like level 5 are ready to throw in the towel until IMSA/ACO adjust the BOP.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2864072)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a 2 car qualifying session - pitiful.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:18 (Ref:2864073)   #59
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
First off - no problems at all with the stream - perfectly happy with this as a means of delivery.

Also struck that the Muscle Milk Lola Aston Martin, which is obviously getting plenty of billing, really doesn't do it for me in terms of the way it looks. Not sure if this is something to do with the way TV messes ever so slightly with perspective etc, but the combination of colours on the car doesn't look beautiful.

Level 5? Fair enough you may not like the rules but not running laps for those that have paid / stayed up to watch you? Probably other ways of making that point. Does reinforce though the need for more than one team in LMP2 - ALMS should be rueing the spat with Van Der Steur over tickets a couple of years back...
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:22 (Ref:2864074)   #60
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
a 2 car qualifying session - pitiful.
Hear absolutely what you're saying, but a head-to-head like this actually works surprisingly well - a lot like single lap qualifying a la Indy, or DTM and F1 a few years back.

Straight fight, open track, and limited time - could work as a concept and given circumstances it could be talked up a bit as a bit of qualifying interest.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:23 (Ref:2864076)   #61
Deleted
Veteran

Well it was certainly worth sticking around for 4:20 AM to follow this THRILLING LMP qualifying!

No seriously, GT2 was great and we can expect a good fight tomorrow. I hope Level 5 continues their boycott and doesn't show up tomorrow, that would show IMSA!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:25 (Ref:2864077)   #62
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I agree. That duel looked quite spectacular.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:25 (Ref:2864078)   #63
AGD
Veteran

Double pole (LMP1 and GTE) for Dunlop. Great job. That was a great LMP1 battle for the pole. 2 cars isn't good, but at least the battle for the win should be good.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:28 (Ref:2864079)   #64
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm disappointed with myself for being disappointed with qualifying. It struggled to keep my attention. ALMS Q'ing isn't what it used to be. And the ESPN 3 stream is poor quality for me, as it was at Sebring.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:35 (Ref:2864080)   #65
AGD
Veteran

This has to be an embarrassing situation for HPD. This is their home race. They have to watch their engines get beat by LMPC cars. Meanwhile, they have to watch Mazda get all the accolades when they have an LMP1 car sitting in a garage that can shame the Mazda. It's a tough situation. I wonder what is going on with Level 5 and HPD.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2864081)   #66
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Issues with the Ferrari aside, Seth Neiman should have this enlarged, framed and hang it on his office wall -
Qualifying Long Beach 2011
#44 GT Seth Neiman Porsche 911GT3RSR 1:25.543
#62 GT Jaime Melo Ferrari 458 Italia 1:48.071
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:47 (Ref:2864083)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I rather enjoyed the two car duel; love both cars, teams and drivers but there should be a rule that you cannot have more guys in the booth than cars on track. Between the three, there was constant babbling the entire time. Love Johnny O as a driver, but I am not sure how many more times I can stand to hear "an...an...an...and, you know..."
Old 16 Apr 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2864089)   #68
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Level 5 planning to withdraw one car according to John Dagys.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2864090)   #69
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Level 5 planning to withdraw one car according to John Dagys.
It will probably be the #55 with Luis Diaz sine I believe Tucker nominated the #33 Coupe with Bouchut for 2011 championship driver points.

What a sad situation.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 02:56 (Ref:2864092)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
It will probably be the #55 with Luis Diaz sine I believe Tucker nominated the #33 Coupe with Bouchut for 2011 championship driver points.

What a sad situation.
Its pretty much what I was thinking too, very disappointing but apparently Lvl 5 in talks with IMSA right now.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 03:03 (Ref:2864093)   #71
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now, this:

They want to preserve the Coupe since it's headed straight to Le Mans for the Test next week
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck .Trying to get him switched over to open-top. If not, Coupe will run 20 laps (the min to score points) then be parked
3 minutes ago via TweetDeck .Level 5 will run either Coupe or Open-Top. Waiting on ruling from IMSA, as they already nominated Tucker in Coupe
Old 16 Apr 2011, 03:06 (Ref:2864094)   #72
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
But wait, if Level Five wanted to preserve the coupethen why would they nominate that car for Scott Tuckers championship points, or why did they even bother to bring it to Long Beach?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 03:10 (Ref:2864095)   #73
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
But wait, if Level Five wanted to preserve the coupethen why would they nominate that car for Scott Tuckers championship points, or why did they even bother to bring it to Long Beach?
I was just about to post that. This does not make a lot of sense. Perhaps they know they don't have speed and don't want to risk being stuck in big packs of aggressive GT cars and such? I'm thinking the engine power situation has something to do with it it as well. Appearently the Level 5 cars are already running the larger restrictors (approx. 8-9% larger according to Dagys).

The LMP2 podium is going to be real fun tomorrow, eh?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 03:12 (Ref:2864096)   #74
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the Coupe was only for ILMC and Le Mans anyway?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 03:50 (Ref:2864101)   #75
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
“The reason we didn’t qualify was really based on the performance of the car,” Stone explained. “We didn’t want to put them in the mix right up at the front at the start with a bunch of other cars that are faster or are faster than us than they shouldn’t be and risk it.”
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...beach-gt-pole/

Ok, does that make sense? I guess IMSA will make a decision tomorrow about whether Tucker can switch to the open top car. It sounds like Level 5 is saying "let us run Tucker in the open top car or else we'll make a mockery of your show by pulling the coupe off after 20 laps and not even start the open top."