Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Oct 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2969146)   #1
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP3 2012 Silly Season

Time to get this going i guess. Not sure if it's been made yet but here it goes anyway.

GP3 has become a very respected series and has pretty much taken over from F3 in my eyes with it's calendar running with F1 and GP2 how can you not take on that, and as you've seen most of the best young guns have all made GP3 their foundation for their career stepping stone for in the future racing in GP2 or FR3.5 and then hopefully F1.

I think 2012 will possibly be just as strong if not stronger than 2011 as GP3 has really become official and with F3 Euro Series basically gone it's a choice between GP3 and BF3 and it's quite clear GP3 has the far better calendar and categories racing with them with GP2 and F1, even stronger drivers in my eyes.

I haven't heard any rumours or news just yet but i can't imagine it won't take too long until we do.

General question, is Lotus ART running with Team Lotus or Renault Lotus?
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2969280)   #2
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's one:
Italiaracing is reporting that Trident will take over the entry from Addax.
Old 15 Oct 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2971646)   #3
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
General question, is Lotus ART running with Team Lotus or Renault Lotus?
Group Lotus I think. So, Renault (Petrov/Senna) rather than Lotus (Kovalainen/Trulli)
Old 16 Oct 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2971860)   #4
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, it's the same as in GP2 where Lotus ART are backed by Group Lotus/Lotus Cars, while Team Lotus [Kovalainen/Trulli] owner Tony Fernandes runs Caterham Team AirAsia in GP2.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2971864)   #5
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's Evans up to next year? Another year of GP3 with Arden or something else?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2972532)   #6
cappra250
Rookie

cappra250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For next year there is the possibility that some teams run 2 cars instead of the 3 from the two previous sesasons. This rule is supossed to make the teams an easier way to find drivers with the required budgets.
So probably a reduced grid for 2012.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:15 (Ref:2972961)   #7
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
During the BTCC coverage at the weekend Alice Powell said that GP3 was a possibility for 2012.
Old 23 Oct 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2975675)   #8
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP3 Winter Testing

GP3 has its first close season FIA test at Barcelona this week. There seems to be a distinct lack of news on runners & riders.

Status GP have three "new" drivers out. Marlon Stockinger (Atech GP3), Kotaro Sakuri (Hitech Racing British F3) & Scott Malvern (Jamun Racing British & Euro FF)

Expect Stockinger to be very quick.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2976164)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Here's the official provisional list of those testing tomorrow, although there are still plenty of gaps. I see the emphasis is still on 3 cars per team. Another driver to be there with Carlin is Nicolas Costa. Twitter is so helpful!
Old 24 Oct 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2976186)   #10
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
GP3 has its first close season FIA test at Barcelona this week. There seems to be a distinct lack of news on runners & riders.

Status GP have three "new" drivers out. Marlon Stockinger (Atech GP3), Kotaro Sakuri (Hitech Racing British F3) & Scott Malvern (Jamun Racing British & Euro FF)

Expect Stockinger to be very quick.
Will be interesting to see how Malvern goes.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2976252)   #11
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
some good and some F2 level drivers there, disappointing
Old 25 Oct 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2976446)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
After their performances this season in FR3.5, it will be a travesty if Korjus and Yelloly end up doing this series...

Next question:

Gerardo Nieto, is he the latest Telmex protege or something?
Old 25 Oct 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2976455)   #13
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I would hope Korjus is just stepping down for the test to help out his team. Likewise with Yelloly, F.Renault 3.5 seemed to suit him better.

Just looked up Nieto, never personally heard of him. Seems he's been doing the Lat Am F2000 series (F.Renault chassis with VW engine)... no sign of Telmex sponsorship here at least (note the ex F.Renault UK CRS chassis!) -

http://www.latamchallengeseries.com/...lotos&Itemid=5

Curious to see Superstars driver Michela Cerruti on the test entry list for Addax.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2976460)   #14
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I think Richie has singed on for Lotus ART next season, and Evans will probably stay with MW Arden. I think...
Old 25 Oct 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2976470)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Morning times today. Apparently it was foggy first thing, but a good performance from Mitch Evans.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2976479)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
evans has to be a favourite for the 2012 title if he chooses to stay on, surely?
Old 25 Oct 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2976647)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Agreed. He was fastest in the afternoon today as well, but Carlos Huertas did well for a rookie to be 3rd quickest.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2976692)   #18
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw the magic letters "USA" on the time sheets. Tell me everything there is to know about Ethan Ringel...

...on second thought, 7.855 seconds off the pace tells me more than I want to hear.

Impressive, though not surprising, day for Mitch Evans. Bit disappointing to see Gabby Chaves continue to show very little when he was so highly-rated while racing in the U.S.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2976706)   #19
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
I saw the magic letters "USA" on the time sheets. Tell me everything there is to know about Ethan Ringel...

...on second thought, 7.855 seconds off the pace tells me more than I want to hear.

Impressive, though not surprising, day for Mitch Evans. Bit disappointing to see Gabby Chaves continue to show very little when he was so highly-rated while racing in the U.S.
He was faster than Scott Malvern and Aaro Vainio having done less laps. Raced in the F2000 CS this past year. Surely if were going apples to apples, that counts for something, right?

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't. I'll shut up now.

EDIT2:Rich kid playing with daddy's money. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by ptclaus98; 25 Oct 2011 at 18:21.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2976712)   #20
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tio 4th fastest in only his first day with the car. Wow
Old 26 Oct 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2977262)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
evans quickest in both sessions today... presumably he'll be staying in gp3 rather than going to fr3.5 with arden on this form?

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=2642
Old 27 Oct 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2977658)   #22
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
He was faster than Scott Malvern and Aaro Vainio having done less laps. Raced in the F2000 CS this past year. Surely if were going apples to apples, that counts for something, right?

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't. I'll shut up now.

EDIT2:Rich kid playing with daddy's money. Nothing to see here.
Test results don't necassairily tell the full story. But Evans & Arden were definately on it. I would strongly tip them as the combination to beat next year with Evans having a big advantage as a 2nd year driver which is all important in a class that offers such restricted track time.

Malvern was under strict instructions to bring the car home so there in lies the tail. Remember this was his was his first real test in a winged car his previous expeience being in the F2 car for the McLaren Award last year. Several drivers had fairly big offs over the two days including Vainio who had 2 yesterday and therefore had more new sets of tyres to play with in the afternoon.

Unfortunately both of Malvern's new tyre runs were compromised by circumstances out of his control but he was pretty close in the wet on Tuesday morning and then on the worn tyre runs earlier yesterday afternoon. I spoke to him and his dad and some team personnel and they were happy that they had achieved their objectives for the test and taking into consideration his lack of knowledge of both the track and the type of car had a very solid two days.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2977935)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
evans quickest in both sessions today... presumably he'll be staying in gp3 rather than going to fr3.5 with arden on this form?

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=2642
He's a Mark Webber protégé so I think he'll want to stay within the F1 circus, although if he's that good FR3.5 would be better for him.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2977957)   #24
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Test results don't necassairily tell the full story. But Evans & Arden were definately on it. I would strongly tip them as the combination to beat next year with Evans having a big advantage as a 2nd year driver which is all important in a class that offers such restricted track time.

Malvern was under strict instructions to bring the car home so there in lies the tail. Remember this was his was his first real test in a winged car his previous expeience being in the F2 car for the McLaren Award last year. Several drivers had fairly big offs over the two days including Vainio who had 2 yesterday and therefore had more new sets of tyres to play with in the afternoon.

Unfortunately both of Malvern's new tyre runs were compromised by circumstances out of his control but he was pretty close in the wet on Tuesday morning and then on the worn tyre runs earlier yesterday afternoon. I spoke to him and his dad and some team personnel and they were happy that they had achieved their objectives for the test and taking into consideration his lack of knowledge of both the track and the type of car had a very solid two days.
Not big on reading edits, huh?
Old 27 Oct 2011, 23:33 (Ref:2977971)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think the problem with saying that times don't always tell the story and proceeding to tell a story is that you really have to tell all the other stories to get a fair picture of what happened....

still. great effort by malvern considering it was indeed his first go in a lawnmower, er, car with wings.