Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jun 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3099314)   #176
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Give a wave to us on post 61, second Mulsanne Chicane. Hope I don't see any of you there in person, if you know what I mean.
Will look out for you ! We are in the Triumph Spitfire Adu 1b in grid 4
Old 28 Jun 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3099346)   #177
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Got it wrong.

We are most Teams between 5 and 17.Our superstar team has already lost a car which must be some sort of record this early.

May have spare tickets.Most of them have been given to kids who want to help.There are about four or five of which three will work like hell and other one/two will vanish as soon as they get inside gate.Their only problem will be getting home.

That Festival is just up road so you have no excuse if you don't show up.Looked at line up and know three bands .My excuse is that I am a knackered 66 year old.I understand we should expect a few superstars to push and prod but they are not going to Thursday night thing either.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3099361)   #178
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
That Festival is just up road so you have no excuse if you don't show up.Looked at line up and know three bands .
Admittedly I only know about 6-7 of them and I'm supposed to be in the know!

If you have spare tickets and paddock passes would be great, please PM.

If it gets me in I'm not opposed to lending a hand if your kids disappear, although I won't be able to arrive until afternoon due to travel schedule.

Best, Earl
Old 28 Jun 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3099567)   #179
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it hadn't been so busy at work today I could have physically examined (or simply drooled over) both of these...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ws01/120629867

Instead I had to settle for looking at the paperwork
Old 28 Jun 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3099647)   #180
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Without doubt Collier Collection must be best private collection in the world and presentation is superb.First time at LMC but regulars at Goodwood.

Not to many of those dancing donkey's
Old 29 Jun 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3099887)   #181
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Without doubt Collier Collection must be best private collection in the world and presentation is superb.First time at LMC but regulars at Goodwood.

Not to many of those dancing donkey's
What a great Talbot line up, perhaps it is possible to get some Pre race images of the cars together for Retro-Speed?
Old 29 Jun 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3099900)   #182
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Not a problem!
Old 29 Jun 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3099910)   #183
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still looking to buy a paddock pass... anyone?
Old 30 Jun 2012, 03:15 (Ref:3100085)   #184
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll try and wave to as many of you as I can. Will also hope to take lots of photos, while not on duty ofcourse!
Just a heads up that the Tour de France is going from Abbeville to Rouen on Wednesday, may need quite a detour.
A friend has told me that the tolls from Calais to Lemans will total around 60 Euros.
Is this true and what is the best route of avoiding this, while missing out Rouen??!!
Old 30 Jun 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3100202)   #185
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have looked into the Tour de France route and it runs out west to the coast from Abbeville before returning to Rouen at the end of the day. I believe the leaders are expected into Rouen at about 5pm. The route runs a long way from the motorway so that shouldn't be too much of a problem (I hope). The main question mark is how easy or difficult it will be to get through Rouen. I have no idea.

http://www.letour.fr/2012/TDF/COURSE...par_etape.html
Old 1 Jul 2012, 02:40 (Ref:3100339)   #186
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I have looked into the Tour de France route and it runs out west to the coast from Abbeville before returning to Rouen at the end of the day. I believe the leaders are expected into Rouen at about 5pm. The route runs a long way from the motorway so that shouldn't be too much of a problem (I hope). The main question mark is how easy or difficult it will be to get through Rouen. I have no idea.

http://www.letour.fr/2012/TDF/COURSE...par_etape.html
Thanks Mike.
Quite fortunate that they are heading for the coast, but I suspect that Rouen will be closed all day.
Old 1 Jul 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3100616)   #187
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Radio Le Mans

So alas, it was not to be and sadly The singing of a certain lady has started and im afraid that despite a last minute attempt to somehow put something together RLM are not able to attend this years LMC.

It is a matter of too little too late peeps which is a shame because I think the event, for me anyway , will suffer a bit with them not being there ( I may be bias)

Trouble is the Brit GP is on and so other commitments have been made etc.

For 2014 I think we should try and make a real effort to put things in place so that we are in a positon to get RLM there because even though they had one camera and a rather stiffling hot studio at the end of the media centre they still gave great commentary and content in 2010.

We will be en route on Thursday morning and should be there late afternoon, not rushing....nice drive ...relaxing etc etc ...looking forward to it and yes I will be taking the camera

ta
C
Old 2 Jul 2012, 07:25 (Ref:3100758)   #188
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pity about RLM. I note that Motors TV are scheduled to show it live:
Friday & Saturday - both at 9pm for approx 1.5 hours
Sunday - 3pm for 1hr 50mins

Not sure what their coverage will be like and scheduling often seems to change but no doubt it will be repeated a number of times.

Weather - forecasts rarely accurate this far out but most seem to be leaning towards mild/warm (not hot as last time thankfully), mixture of sunshine, spells of rain and showers. Could be worse I suppose.
Old 2 Jul 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3101096)   #189
SFurness
Racer

England
Leicestershire
SFurness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those travelling on Wednesday.

There is a note on LD lines (Ferry) web site that the port of Dieppe is closed on Wednesday from 9am till 3pm for the Tour De France

Fortunately the ship is due to dock in Dieppe at 3 pm so we should miss any hold ups at the port but Rouen could be a real problem.

Even avoiding Rouen at some point if the route is west of Rouen (which is what the sat nav is suggesting) it must cross the Tour de France route so I'm guessing it will be blocked.

There is a three hour route to the east of Rouen (we have an overnight stop near Alencon).

Any suggestions ????
Old 3 Jul 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3101290)   #190
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Judging by the info I've looked at, the tour comes in from the east on Wednesday afternoon to Rouen, and heads back out east from Rouen on Thursday morning.

I'm coming down from Calais, and plan to use the A28 toll road that runs Calais - Rouen - Alencon - Le Mans, and costs about 40 euros in total tolls. At least it shouldn't be affected by the tour on either day.

I'll be flagging you all out at poste 106 (the marshals poste half mile after Arnage, on driver's left) so waves on green flag flags are obligatory, especially during the night races!!!!

So look out for the flying wheelchair, or the Big White Box with double checkers on front and rear. Me and my good lady will be aboard.

Last edited by Steve Tarrant; 3 Jul 2012 at 12:18.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3101321)   #191
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tour de France

Some more info here on the Tour in Rouen:

http://www.rouentourisme.com/Default.aspx?tabid=3199&language=en-US
Old 3 Jul 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3101342)   #192
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently you can have a look around the Collier Collection if you ask nicely, it's a convenient time and with perhaps a bit of name dropping. I was staying nearby a few years ago but only found out it was there once I got back home. I would have much rather spent some time strolling around there than the endless Florida Shopping Malls with my wife and daughters!!!
Old 3 Jul 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3101361)   #193
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Judging by the info I've looked at, the tour comes in from the east on Wednesday afternoon to Rouen, and heads back out east from Rouen on Thursday morning.

I'm coming down from Calais, and plan to use the A28 toll road that runs Calais - Rouen - Alencon - Le Mans, and costs about 40 euros in total tolls. At least it shouldn't be affected by the tour on either day.

I'll be flagging you all out at poste 106 (the marshals poste half mile after Arnage, on driver's left) so waves on green flag flags are obligatory, especially during the night races!!!!

So look out for the flying wheelchair, or the Big White Box with double checkers on front and rear. Me and my good lady will be aboard.

Have a great on e Steve, We will be heading down the same route I think (though may take in the old road beacuse....well...it just reminds of days gone by) either way hope to bump into you at some point x
Old 3 Jul 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3101378)   #194
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Have a great on e Steve, We will be heading down the same route I think (though may take in the old road beacuse....well...it just reminds of days gone by) either way hope to bump into you at some point x
Will be stuck at poste 106 as of Thursday evening as have no transport other than motorhome, so can't get into paddock, etc.

But happy to receive visitors during the Friday when the track is still public roads. Address of poste is Chemin de Tertre, Arnage.

Old 3 Jul 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3101387)   #195
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Steve. We'll try and get down to see you on Friday. I remember where you are from my marshalling days - whether or not my 'chauffeurse' will follow my instructions to get there is another matter.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3101438)   #196
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Steve. We'll try and get down to see you on Friday. I remember where you are from my marshalling days - whether or not my 'chauffeurse' will follow my instructions to get there is another matter.
Will we be able to get there....we have not got the same passes as we had last time when we went....or is it much more relaxed at LMC?
Old 3 Jul 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3101444)   #197
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Firstly, it's more relaxed but, as I understand it (and we are talking France here - anything can change without warning!), we can drive round the circuit to Arnage on Friday.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3101447)   #198
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Firstly, it's more relaxed but, as I understand it (and we are talking France here - anything can change without warning!), we can drive round the circuit to Arnage on Friday.
First practice is at 3, so I'd expect the roads will be closed around midday. There is a second way in to 106, taking the road to the roundabout at Maison Blanche, then turn the round towards Arnage, and then turn left on the Arnage-Mulsanne road. Just before the road arrives at the outside of Arnage corner, there's a road on the left called Chemin de Tertre, turn in there, follow it almost to the end and the motorhome will be down the lane on the left.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3101450)   #199
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Thanks for the alternate route Steve. We'll get down on Friday.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3101453)   #200
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good trip John,enjoy yourself.