Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2466982)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I think both team and driver extended because neither had a significantly better alternative at the time I think?

Rosberg's been quick and contributed to the coffers but despite him apparently being a 'technical' driver we haven't seen much real car development skills from him.

Therefore drivers like Wurz would have been huge benefit to Williams. In fact even if they keep Nico next season they'll need a younger version of someone like Wurz in the other car, a quickish experienced seasoned driver, to help positively develop the car now there's no testing?
Potsie Webber to Williams??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 May 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2467197)   #52
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
WHO????!!!
Old 22 May 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2467246)   #53
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams need Ant Davidson..
Old 22 May 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2467249)   #54
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to see that /\

Selby
Old 22 May 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2467277)   #55
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...22210337.shtml

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...22181814.shtml

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...21220656.shtml
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 22 May 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2467306)   #56
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Blog post from JA suggesting Toyota are going to use the latest crisis as a good excuse to leave F1 after this year

This plus the Renault departure rumours as well...
Old 22 May 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2467348)   #57
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any ideas on what this alternative FOTA proposal is? It's surely better than Spanky's budget cap and the inevitable Enron accounting.
Old 22 May 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2467356)   #58
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the last FOTA proposal is anything to go by, it'll just be a load of promises, targets and hopes
Old 23 May 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2467401)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If that's a excuse, then it's a good excuse.

Hopefully an agreement won't be reached.
Old 23 May 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2467423)   #60
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
na keep budget Cap but rasie it to about to 120-150 million.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 23 May 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2467468)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
na keep budget Cap but rasie it to about to 120-150 million.
Euros? Pounds? US Dollars?
Old 23 May 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2467476)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Blog post from JA suggesting Toyota are going to use the latest crisis as a good excuse to leave F1 after this year

This plus the Renault departure rumours as well...
I heard a little story that the Enstone nucleus would continue even if Le Regie were to pull out.....

Presumbly Flavio would still be at the helm but with some new 'partners' and presumably a different or rebadged engine like the old V10 Renault becoming Meccachromes.....

In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if underneath all the political bravado, at least a couple of the big teams are looking at option of how to carry on without the manufacturers name on their entry's

Ooh bit like how Brawn managed to continue without Honda in fact.

Could Toyota pay similar compensation/contingency monies to TM GMBH in Cologne and that operation continues as a 'privateer' effort?

Ditto with BMW...could that become Sauber again with 'Mader' (BMW!!) engines
Old 23 May 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2467483)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I heard a little story that the Enstone nucleus would continue even if Le Regie were to pull out.....

Presumbly Flavio would still be at the helm but with some new 'partners' and presumably a different or rebadged engine like the old V10 Renault becoming Meccachromes.....

In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if underneath all the political bravado, at least a couple of the big teams are looking at option of how to carry on without the manufacturers name on their entry's

Ooh bit like how Brawn managed to continue without Honda in fact.

Could Toyota pay similar compensation/contingency monies to TM GMBH in Cologne and that operation continues as a 'privateer' effort?

Ditto with BMW...could that become Sauber again with 'Mader' (BMW!!) engines
The Brawn thing is yet to be proven, in a second year. Presuming the carmakers underwrite the first seasons as "privateers" the real crunch comes when they have to fend for themselves for cash...
Old 23 May 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2467489)   #64
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Euros? Pounds? US Dollars?
I'm guessing it's AUD rather than USD due to the mentions of V8 Supercars in the sig. That would make it between around £60M and £74M pounds.

If a budget cap is needed, instead of arbitary sums it should be a case of the Bernie money being shared equally and 90% of that being the budget cap.
Old 23 May 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2467593)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
USF1 submit entry for 2010 season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75525

The team has an engine deal,which is apparently required before you submit your entry,so one can only assume that the other 'new-comers' have one too ?
Old 23 May 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2467618)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
USF1 submit entry for 2010 season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75525

The team has an engine deal,which is apparently required before you submit your entry,so one can only assume that the other 'new-comers' have one too ?

Finally we have an all-american team in F1, welcome !
Old 23 May 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2467620)   #67
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Erm, yes they've got a Cosworth deal haven't they?!!!!
Old 23 May 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2467624)   #68
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
You know what I'm talking about !
Old 23 May 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2467640)   #69
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I bet it's not with Ferrari.