Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Aug 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3284605)   #3801
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
As great as all this is shaping up to be, I'm a little afraid that Ecclestone and the powers in F1 won't let it happen that easily...they wouldn't sit and watch while sports car racing grows stronger than their precious circus.
BE is on the brink of losing most of his powers. Whoever replaces him may not have all those strings to pull (which is why CVC will stick to BE for as long as they can).
Old 1 Aug 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3284610)   #3802
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that Alfa Romeo could put the Ferrari V6 turbo engine and compete in LMP1.

Ferrari LMP1 - i don´t think will happen

Alfa Romeo LMP1 with ferrari v6 engine- probably in 2015
Old 1 Aug 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3284613)   #3803
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
I believe that Alfa Romeo could put the Ferrari V6 turbo engine and compete in LMP1.

Ferrari LMP1 - i don´t think will happen

Alfa Romeo LMP1 with ferrari v6 engine- probably in 2015
LC2 anyone?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3284621)   #3804
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I agree about Alfa, It would also makes sense road car marketing-wise, as they are more or less present in the segments occupied by Audi and Toyota, as well as Porsche when 4C comes out.
The next logical step would be a Maserati badged P2 engine or even a complete car. Unfortunately it looks like Marchionne has given up on Lancia.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3284627)   #3805
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfa in LMP1 would really fit. Sure, Ferrari would be even bigger and better. But Ferrari doesn't really need to be marketed anymore. I mean, everyone knows Ferrari and what they do. Alfa on the other hand...

Maybe FIAT could do it like GM did in Grand-Am: Badging their cars as Ferrari or Alfa Romeo. The costs would stay the same, as I doubt that FIAT will allow Ferrari and Alfa to produce their own packages.

And yes, Lancia is unfortunately done. They've become Chrysler in all but name.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3284644)   #3806
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am with those who think a Ferrari P1 is unlikely and this is posturing to get their way in F1. However as I have said before Ferrari is the one team who could attract sufficient private funding to pay for it perhaps from Russia or elsewhere, so I do live in hope.

Also with the new sales targets there is a big push forward for Maserati at the moment so maybe there is something in the offing for them. It would make sense to use Ferrari's racing facility to design a car for any fiat brand.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3284647)   #3807
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfa? Good god no. They'd be stopped by the side of the track in a cloud of steam within a couple of hours!

Sorry, that's such an over-used stereotype, I know, but couldn't resist.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3284664)   #3808
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Alfa? Good god no. They'd be stopped by the side of the track in a cloud of steam within a couple of hours!

Sorry, that's such an over-used stereotype, I know, but couldn't resist.
That's exactly the reason why they need to excel in endurance racing. Having some US-bound program would also help their return (saga!) to the US market.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3284680)   #3809
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probabaly a lot of Americans have never even heard of Alfa---but would endurance racing in Europe really help in North America?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3284683)   #3810
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
but would endurance racing in Europe really help in North America?
No. But try reading my post again.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3284685)   #3811
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well ... I guess they could build a Dallara-Ferrari and do what i suggested Ferrari do, sell a new 333 SP ... Not so sure any manufacturer will do well in USCR P-classes.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3284705)   #3812
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well ... I guess they could build a Dallara-Ferrari and do what i suggested Ferrari do, sell a new 333 SP ... Not so sure any manufacturer will do well in USCR P-classes.
Manufacturer focus should be on WEC, and IMO that includes the GT entrants.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3284710)   #3813
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
If USCR reconsiders its stance on P1 by 2015 or 2016, Ferralfaserati can get a private team to run some factory backed cars there against Porsche.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3284715)   #3814
Maelochs
Veteran

No upside for Ferrari, running P2 through another team, or even running a P1 probably, compared to what they can do for so much less with their GT program, it seems to me.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3284717)   #3815
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Not really!

L.P.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3284721)   #3816
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Not really!

L.P.
That's not really my opinion? Hmmm Ok.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3284733)   #3817
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
LC2 anyone?
Yes please!
Old 1 Aug 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3284796)   #3818
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Not really!

L.P.
You must be so blind to say that the Fia Wec is not where its at. Come on the FIA and the ACO don´t care at all about USA racing. But how could they the USCR looks so boring. No lmp1 manufacturers will race on an american series get it straight. Lmp1 manufacturers are european or japanese. So stop polluting our thread with the stupid USCR that nobody cares about. Haven´t you heard of Le Mans? lol all participants in the WEC automaticlly go there plus the future winners of ELMS and ASLMS. So go talk about Sebring and stuff like that in the USCR thread.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3284804)   #3819
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No upside for Ferrari, running P2 through another team, or even running a P1 probably, compared to what they can do for so much less with their GT program, it seems to me.
Getting screwed over by the so called "balance" of performance, you mean?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3284810)   #3820
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
You're aware that 1000km is shorter than the current race distance for any race with P1s in, right? I mean, I agree with that distance - for me, that is the classic endurance racing distance - but that wouldn't make much difference to the present.

I've said since this started, if you don't include classic races/circuits in this, it doesn't have the credibility as a series that it needs. China/Bahrain might serve a short-term need, but there's no history there to create the 'brand' that they need to to make it a worthwhile, long-term championship.

And the Ferrari thing won't happen without an external backer; as usual, they'll just be after something from Bernie or the F1 rulemakers.
Right, Im thinking 1000 miles, as that would be a longer distance. KM was in my mind though since were talking non-US centered racing. Even at Interlagos, 1000km would be a little more than 5 hours in time. But if it were 1000 miles it would be almost 8.5 hours.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3284824)   #3821
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the aim should be to make every event special, this in term would lead to a strong series. At the moment Le Mans is basically the only event of this type in the WEC, maybe with the round in Japan on it's way there? Of course there's the big three in the US but they're all in USCR next year.

In my mind this could be achived by seriously considering things like venue, lenght and not least general interest, atmosphere and historic relevance. Of course it wouldn't reach Le Mans in terms of popularity but that isn't the point. The point is, in a world champinship with as few rounds as the WEC there's no room for Shanghais that no one cares about, before every race people should be excited "wow I look forward to the Mil Milhas this year!"
Old 2 Aug 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3285064)   #3822
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I agree , but works Gt teams I mean . And support privateers in their various series .

Manufacturers should be pushed towards supplying a 2 car privateer team in P1 .
Old 2 Aug 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3285067)   #3823
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Pandemonium with your slings and arrows (and your axe)! Quite a how-do-you-do!

DK
Old 12 Aug 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3288854)   #3824
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Not really a rumour - but a wish...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...-revive-spyker

It would be good to see them back
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3288868)   #3825
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It would be nice but can't see it really happening. Love the look of those cars completely different from the other look alike gt's and they sounded good to