Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3303546)   #3901
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
The OAK P1 project has a major money problem(they need it to build the car and get a engine contract) Motorsports-Total
I don't think the Motorsport-Total article is a good source here. They were just translating parts of yesterday's Autosport article, and I think the translation isn't very good.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3303603)   #3902
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
The OAK P1 project has a major money problem(they need it to build the car and get a engine contract) Motorsports-Total
It's intriguing how pretty much the same story can be spun by Autosport and Motorsports-Total in diametrically different ways.

Core point in both is that Oak have an LMP1 project, are focusing on that rather than the LMP2 for 2014, and still need to pull some elements of the project together.

Depending on who you believe next year will make the early 1970s and the entire Group C period look indifferent, or alternatively the sky is falling in and will crush the world. The reality will I suspect, in all likelihood, be somewhere in between.

I'm endlessly astonished by the community's ability to hand wring itself into a neurotic panic.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3305791)   #3903
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...urn-to-racing/

Lister returning to sportscar racing?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3305795)   #3904
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...urn-to-racing/

Lister returning to sports car racing?
While I'm not overly excited about their plans, I am glad to here the news. Hopefully it will lead to a return to top flight GT/endurance racing. Those FIA GT Storms were my favorite.

Last edited by Slipknot; 18 Sep 2013 at 16:26. Reason: grammer
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3305799)   #3905
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
So just historics...
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3305803)   #3906
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
So just historics...
...like this one.

http://www.canepacollection.com/deta...-10954047.html

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 18 Sep 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3305827)   #3907
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Point being
Old 18 Sep 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3305851)   #3908
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No point, really. Just sharing. "Historics" came up, and it just reminded me that I'd just seen the Spyder was for sale, that many fans enjoyed while it was raced. Didn't realize every post had to be as philosphically deep as your post was.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 18 Sep 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3305852)   #3909
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
....and moving on.......
Old 20 Sep 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3306730)   #3910
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.blancpain-endurance-serie...-judgement-day

If Marc VDS Racing is leaving the Blancpain Endurance Series then I think there's a very good chance they're moving to WEC next year.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3306762)   #3911
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.blancpain-endurance-serie...-judgement-day

If Marc VDS Racing is leaving the Blancpain Endurance Series then I think there's a very good chance they're moving to WEC next year.

Unfortunately, that sounds more like they could be done for good to me...
Old 20 Sep 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3306768)   #3912
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Unfortunately, that sounds more like they could be done for good to me...
Depends... are there any rumours of trouble concerning their Moto2 operation?
Old 20 Sep 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3306776)   #3913
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Depends... are there any rumours of trouble concerning their Moto2 operation?
There doesn't need to be trouble. As I understand it, Marc VDS (the person) has been bankrolling the team pretty much from his personal funds. Maybe he is just tired of spending money or moving on to something different? Yachts, paintings, charity... who knows?

Last edited by Speed-King; 20 Sep 2013 at 20:50.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3306781)   #3914
JAG_
Rookie

JAG_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the Spa 24hrs, it was said Marc VDS would be having talks with BMW about the availability of the Z4 GTE, they've also been linked with with a P2/BMW combo.

MWM have also hinted strongly a number of Blancpain teams could be going to ELMS next year, though they were mainly referencing mid-field pro-am crews.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3306782)   #3915
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
There doesn't need to be trouble. As I understand it, Marc VDS (the person) has been bankrolling the team pretty much from his personal funds. Maybe he is just tired of spending money or moving on to something different? Yachts, paintings, charity... who knows?
I was thinking of "trouble" as in "rumours of the team leaving that series as well".
Old 20 Sep 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3306836)   #3916
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year rumours said that Marc VDS would go to P2 this year with a new BMW engine. This didn't happen. But perhaps it will happen next year.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3306852)   #3917
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was thinking of "trouble" as in "rumours of the team leaving that series as well".
I was wondering the same. They've graduated Scott Redding to Gresini Moto GP for next year. There's every chance they'll be a title-winning team this year.

As Speed-King says it all depends on the whims of Mr Van der Straten. But the impression I get is that he loves being a team owner.

A WEC two-car Z4 BMW satellite squad would be my dream scenario.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 01:30 (Ref:3306896)   #3918
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11309206...ries-and-gt-86
This is still a ways off, but I think that the BMW-Toyota sports car could be the base of BMW's next GT3/GT car if it's going to be the Z4 replacement.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3306939)   #3919
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Last year rumours said that Marc VDS would go to P2 this year with a new BMW engine. This didn't happen. But perhaps it will happen next year.
I asked Dagys about it last year on twitter and he said that it had been put off until 2014.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3308121)   #3920
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MarcVDS is tied with the Algrarve Pro racing Team from the ELMS. It isn´t that crazy a jump to P2.

I'm expecting one entry under a different name, like the LMPC
Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3308229)   #3921
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110055 New Jersey F1 race back on 2014 calendar... provisionally. Why did I post this here? Rumours that they might move the LM date, to accommodate this addition to the F1 season.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3308230)   #3922
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110055 New Jersey F1 race back on 2014 calendar... provisionally. Why did I post this here? Rumours that they might move the LM date, to accommodate this addition to the F1 season.
Oh hell no, I just lucked out to clinch a cheap room for the test day weekend!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3308232)   #3923
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Article clearly states that the FIA have left the June 1 slot on the calendar open, not anything else.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3308234)   #3924
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Article clearly states that the FIA have left the June 1 slot on the calendar open, not anything else.
It would appear that we are talking about the same thing in two spots.

Yes, I've read the article, and also heard things to the contrary. In looking at the calendar though, there isn't a good solution at all for F1. 22 races... yikes.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3308283)   #3925
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It wouldn´t surprise me if any Audi R8 team switches to ELMS fed up of Ratel´s BOP.