Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Apr 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1598327)   #1
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What went on with World Series By Renault qualifiers?

What where they saying about two cars that had not qualified being in the race even though when they got to the grid they where moved off and yet still started from the pit lane. Anyone got a clue?
Old 1 May 2006, 02:25 (Ref:1598461)   #2
HitMan13
Rookie

Canada
Too Many Places, Around the World
HitMan13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if you are refering to race 1 or 2, but in Q1, Aleshin shunted on his out lap (!) and therefore had no time = no start. Parente then blew and engine on his out lap, and had no time either. Zolder has a car limit of 29, so someone was not going to start anyway. RPM (management) gave the nod to Aleshin and left Parente in the garage. But i really don't remember anyone starting from pit lane...

As far as the movment on grid, well, the whole qualify system seemed to fall apart when the officials did not stick to their own rules. in the WSbR you are allowed 7 laps in the 30 min qualify session. (including out and in, so 5 timed laps) the rule is that if you exceed this, you lose all times (tail of grid) i think 6 cars did go over the 7 laps, but no penalty was inforced! or in some cases a lighter penalty was (fastest lap removed, not all) huge uproar from managers and drivers over this!

Sun Q2 session, they went back to last years 2x15 min sessions with half the field in each, as many laps as you want. but this does not work either, in my opinion. The 7 lap limit is not a bad one, as long as they can stick to their own rules!

hope this helps! (and i hope i am correct
Old 1 May 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1598588)   #3
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault's own chaotic Racecontrol decided to have a split qualifying because it was wet on the Sunday. Part one went okay-ish, part 2 was a red flag disaster.
It seems that the even numbered drivers had a bit of brainfade and skidded off into the Villeneuve gravel trap, Parente hitting two marshals helping another driver.

Both marshals were checked in the medical and got away with cuts and bruises.
WSbR seems (still) to be full of prima donna drivers, not responding to flags, be it yellow or red.
Old 1 May 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1598637)   #4
Speedfreak
Rookie

Speedfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Did Parenty get any penalty for hitting Fleming and the marshals? Remember Maldonado from Monaco last year. I think he got banned for four race meetings for hitting the marshal??
Old 1 May 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1598641)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there's also another thread on this in this forum which asks similar questions.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82521
Old 4 May 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1600480)   #6
pimbopap
Rookie

pimbopap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitMan13
As far ............................................................ the WSbR you are allowed 7 laps in the 30 min qualify session. (including out and in, so 5 timed laps) the rule is that if you exceed this, you lose all times (tail of grid) i think 6 cars did go over 7laps, ........................................................................................
Sun Q2 session, they went back to last years 2x15 min sessions with half the ..................................... this helps! (and i hope i am correct
The rule also says that if you're red flagged your in lap is not counting that's why a few drivers could do 8 laps......the qualy system with 30 cars, as I wrote on the other thread is not an easy story. I believe that the system of last year with the two lines, or the mixed times when the average of the first 5 is not differing more than 0.3% is not bad (the groups are done according the championship situation).
The change happened because the teams wanted it due to a safety issue it was not Renault. There is a difference to last year still for safety it is forbidden to change tyres during a qualy session.