Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:00 (Ref:338744)   #1
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good drive from Kimi

Driver of the day was Kimi but to Michael and ferrari, how much luck has that man got. I thought kimi was going to cry on the podium poor bugger.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:01 (Ref:338746)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent drive by Kimi, fully justifies Ron's decision to hire him for this season!
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:04 (Ref:338754)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will admit to having been a doubter before the season, but last week and especially today have gone a long way to changing my mind. He is superb and the wins wll start coming soon.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:10 (Ref:338766)   #4
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A future World Champion! Once again gave Ralf a lesson in overtaking. He has shown good pace in races, has shown he can overtake, is quick in the wet and is outqualifying his more experienced team-mate. Absoluitely Sensational!!!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:11 (Ref:338770)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
his first win should be in about 2-3 hours, when the FIA see sence and DQ Schummy for passing under yellows
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:20 (Ref:338784)   #6
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just read that Kimi lost control because of oil on the track...stewards could say that this wasn't a driver error and so Schumacher had no right to overtake him in that corner...
I hope they give the win to Kimi altough it would have been nice to see him take it at the chequerd flag...
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:21 (Ref:338787)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel sorry for Kimi as it was a magnificent performance once again and he was unlucky to lock up and let Schu through. He may have got a tad over-excited, but he'll certainly win before the year is out if he keeps performing like that.

Well done!
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:35 (Ref:338808)   #8
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He had it in his hand and lost it, what more can you say, I feel sick.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:39 (Ref:338811)   #9
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
I will admit to having been a doubter before the season, but last week and especially today have gone a long way to changing my mind. He is superb and the wins wll start coming soon.
i echo that EERO...just if once he cracked a joke in an interview or slagged off some other driver to create some controversy then he would be my 2nd favourite driver after JPM

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 21 Jul 2002, 14:49 (Ref:338821)   #10
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimmi has surprised me twice now. Silverstone and here. Good job. The Macs are looking good again. We can look foreward to the race for second in the constructors to be good. Kimmi drove like a champ.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 15:10 (Ref:338838)   #11
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good drive spoiled by a stupid mistake/bad luck, whatever it was! I am sure Kimi has got it to be a Champ one day.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 15:18 (Ref:338845)   #12
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Krackin driving Kimi, one of the finer performances of the season.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 15:33 (Ref:338871)   #13
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulthard did well to raise Kimi's arm at the podium. He's looking at his "soon-to-be team leader".
Old 21 Jul 2002, 16:00 (Ref:338901)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Terrific drive by Kimi. Look forward to many JPM/KR battles in the future!
Old 21 Jul 2002, 16:04 (Ref:338904)   #15
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did an awesome job... it seemed that it was easier for him to maintain Schumacher behind that it was for Montoya.
What a discovery Peter Sauber made...
Old 21 Jul 2002, 16:05 (Ref:338905)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
Coulthard did well to raise Kimi's arm at the podium. He's looking at his "soon-to-be team leader".
You know, just once it would be nice to have a "well done" thread for a driver that wasn't used as an excuse to slag another driver off.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 17:36 (Ref:338979)   #17
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Kimi little fella. It'll go your way soon so don't worry too much. With performances like today and Silverstone under your belt you're a hot tip (provided your Mc-Merc can cope too).
Old 21 Jul 2002, 18:16 (Ref:339005)   #18
Mark F1
Racer

Mark F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always been a huge fan of Kimi since he came into F1 and I really feel for him at this moment. He throughly deserved to win and he had outraced his more experienced team mate all weekend. It's still incredible to think that he never raced in F3 or F3000, yet he is so naturally talented. If only he hadn't had so many mechanical failures this season, he could have been ahead of Coulthard in terms of points.

This one got away from you Kimi but your time will come really soon.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 19:02 (Ref:339026)   #19
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having not seen the race, I hope MS did pass under yellows.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 20:19 (Ref:339070)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
If he did hakkiman it was a technical infringement in the most stringent application of the rules - not an overtake by intent.

And I personally never want to see any driver pass under yellows deliberately. Regardless of the rules, they are immediately putting themselves, the marshals and any other driver involved in the yellow incident in jeapardy. Just in case anyone has forgotten why the "no overtaking under yellows" rule is actually there.

I'd hate to think that anyone would be hoping a driver would do such a thing.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 01:03 (Ref:339233)   #21
Jack racer
Racer

If tgf was infront at that point I think he would have locked it up in the oil as well so it was just bad luck he drove perfect and made the least amount of mistakes out of all of them(NO WHITE LINES). He did deserve to win but that aside he was man of the race what ever happens.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 02:21 (Ref:339264)   #22
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice drive. Now if he only had a personality
Old 22 Jul 2002, 02:41 (Ref:339275)   #23
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, top drive from the Fin. He and Webber were the stars out there today.

Webber had better pace than both Toyotas, a Jag, a Sauber, a Jordan and an injured BAR. Fantastic drive!

Majorly disappointed for Rubens though.

DC was also quite good.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 02:44 (Ref:339278)   #24
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
DC was also quite good.
DC was superb...if the Macs can maintain their performance next year. Williams will be the 3rd best and hopefully Dc would be able to give Michael a hard time. Montoya and Michael duel ain't that exciting.....
Old 22 Jul 2002, 05:12 (Ref:339323)   #25
Jack racer
Racer

I think kimi come across like Miki in that the language barrier makes it harder for them to express them selves.
If they can hold this form it could be a exciting finish to the session.