Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 1 Dec 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1779766)   #26
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz90
As for your Nova example, they stopped producing that car in 1992, the Corsa obviously replaced it and the older examples of that are now being turned into 'chav' mobiles.
Oops, I meant Corsa!

Quote:
However again, the current Corsa looks a decent little car, certainly a better example of what Vauxhall have acheived since the first incarnation of the Corsa back in 93. Big volume manufacturers have a hard time, because they build cars for the masses, and they do so on a budget, this often shows, but Vauxhall are improveing imensly.
I've only seen a new Corsa from behind, so I can't really judge. As I said in a previous post, I think Vauxhall's quality is up there with the best of them; whatever their image, it can't be denied that they are selling a lot of cars in the 'domestic appliance' sector of the market!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 1 Dec 2006 at 18:59.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1779892)   #27
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I would never even consider a Caddy, in whatever form it took on, the name for me is far worse than Vauxhall, mostly because as you say they are just a knocked off Daewoo, but even the proper American cars are hardly desirable are they! shoddy build and dodgy handling.
With all due respect, even though I believe you are referring Chevy, this comment is filled with misconceptions. They may be deserving for past mistakes, but things have changed drastically. It's kind of like me saying I wouldn't buy an English car because I don't want to deal with all the electrical problems. Yes, we still do make some crap (see Chevy Impala) but isn't Rover still in business?
Old 1 Dec 2006, 23:17 (Ref:1779895)   #28
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, Rover packed up a while ago your right though, i am guilty of misconceptions, but the Chevys we get here are just Daewoo's with a new badge.

I can only go on what magazines or tv programs say with regards to American cars, and mostly they say the build quility is less than impressive and handling is generaly set up for American roads, not our shoddy roads in the UK, we also have somethings called 'corners' here, aparently the American cars dont like those
Old 2 Dec 2006, 00:01 (Ref:1779904)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No, Rover packed up a while ago your right though, i am guilty of misconceptions, but the Chevys we get here are just Daewoo's with a new badge.

I can only go on what magazines or tv programs say with regards to American cars, and mostly they say the build quility is less than impressive and handling is generaly set up for American roads, not our shoddy roads in the UK, we also have somethings called 'corners' here, aparently the American cars dont like those
We get one Chevy/Daewoo thingy. It's tiny but at least it's extremely cheap. Unfortunatly, we get Daewoos too. Hyundais and Kias really aren't that bad, so maybe Daewoo will get better too?

Haha...What are these corners you speak of? I need those nice cushy suspensions so I can keep my Big Mac propped up on my stomach. Seriously, it does get frustrating here with all the strait line guys. We finally start building some cars that can handle and everyone takes them to the drag strip. It is easier and less expensive, hell my last track day at Road Atl. was $250 (roughly 125 pounds). BUT, I saw an M3 with drag radials on it the other day. If that doesn't make you sick to your stomach, nothing will. I live at the foothills of the mountains though, so I can get my fix when needed.

About a year ago I was watching the Top Gear episode (like all Americans have to ) where Clarkston reviewed the C6. He didn't like it....or the Z06 about a year later. That just breaks my heart.