Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:58 (Ref:663986)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haven't had a JV thread for a while...

Quote:
'Jenson has been quick, which is good,' said Jacques, son of the late Ferrari legend Gilles Villeneuve and a man who doesn't have a BAR contract for '04.
from F1i.com

Who agrees with Jacques?
Old 17 Jul 2003, 15:00 (Ref:663989)   #2
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm...I adore Jacqques, but this sounds like "please, don't dump me" try...
OK, when your team bosses are such unsensitive blood-drinkers, everything is worth trying
Old 17 Jul 2003, 15:01 (Ref:663990)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mmmyah, he's a pretty quick driver.

Wonders how many posts it will take for this thread to be turned into yet another flame bait full of petty insults to the driver and his fans...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 17 Jul 2003 at 15:01.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 15:02 (Ref:663992)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hoorah!

Yes I fully agree with the son of a great F1 driver , Jenson has been quick, and that is good.

Y'know, I've been among JV's critics, but I have to admit F1 would be a poorer place without him next season...
Old 17 Jul 2003, 15:14 (Ref:664004)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Wonders how many posts it will take for this thread to be turned into yet another flame bait full of petty insults to the driver and his fans...
Can we just insult the driver then?

I must admit though, Jenson has done quiet well this season, and JV has had a piece of car.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 15:21 (Ref:664015)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV can he be sacked from his own team? didn't he raise or give money to start the thing? seems odd, but he has been so lackluster, a few brilliant moment marred by a goof here and a again, it is sad because he really is, not just the son of Gilles Villeneuve, but 97 F1 WDC, lest we forget.
pity they don't refer to him that way...his star has faded hasn't it
Old 17 Jul 2003, 16:57 (Ref:664110)   #7
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button has been quicker than I thought he would be. Its a shame the way the season has gone for BAR (especially JV) though. The team is lacking something, I dont know what it is, but something. After all no team should have such "poor luck".

JV hopefully respects Buttons pace now. Maybe the new Honda gearbox will be raced soon. Hopefully, its reliable. It would be nice to see the two battle it out for the rest of the season.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 17:10 (Ref:664122)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, no... Another JV's thread.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 17:47 (Ref:664154)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i feel sorry for Jacques , but he simply has too many off days . when he is on form he too can be quick like
Jenson (a future WDC in my opinion) but it simply hasnt happened for Jacques . A real moody driver.
He has been with BAR since they came into F1 and he has helped them get into the midfield but if he wants a new contract (which i doubt he will get)he has to be more consistent or atleast match the pace of his team mate
Old 17 Jul 2003, 17:49 (Ref:664156)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or at least have a car that doesn't blow up.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:37 (Ref:664266)   #11
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
JV can he be sacked from his own team? didn't he raise or give money to start the thing?
Well, now it's Dave Richards in charge instead of (his manager) Craig Pollock - no reason why not! Maybe not sacked though, just not renewing his contract.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 22:23 (Ref:664431)   #12
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How could he have backed himself into a corner with a seriously devalued F1 employment outlook? I cannot understand why the situation was left to fester for so long that he has no much at all on his horizon if he wants to stay in F1.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 17 Jul 2003, 22:43 (Ref:664441)   #13
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hes good! but good enough to stay... hmm ... im unsure.

He do well back in champ cars i think.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 23:00 (Ref:664452)   #14
woopow
Rookie

woopow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Errr...okay so I guess I'm the black sheep of this board for being a JV fan, especially since my post from yesterday seems to have disappeared?
I'm american too. Does that upgrade me to "death warrant" status? :-)

As for Jacques' lack of a contract for 04, I think he's bored (or uninspired) with the driving aspect of F1. That statement's not based on any facts or stories or quotes...or anything, but my personal opinion. He's been bored since winning the championship. And where else is there to go after being #1 except down?

Last edited by woopow; 17 Jul 2003 at 23:07.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 00:11 (Ref:664483)   #15
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well other drivers have decided to do it again.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 02:43 (Ref:664522)   #16
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Jensen's good... Like Hill was good. Not a natural born racer like M$, Juan or Kimi, but he _could_ win the WDC in a dominant car.

Jacques must still have that talent stuffed down somewhere deep inside, but where the hell is his head?! 'cause it's certainly not inside his helmet!

He should have left BAR 3 years ago, maybe come back to CART to try and get the fire going again. Now he's just another washed-up racer.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 17:58 (Ref:665123)   #17
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
'Jenson has been quick, which is good,' said Jacques.

Funny, a few months ago wasn't he saying that Jenson had done nothing to impress him? I agree with the idea of it being a plea not to be ditched - perhaps he's realised that his performances of late haven't exactly been setting the world alight, and he's going to have a job on getting into a better car than the one he's got.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Jul 2003, 18:15 (Ref:665143)   #18
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by woopow
As for Jacques' lack of a contract for 04, I think he's bored (or uninspired) with the driving aspect of F1. That statement's not based on any facts or stories or quotes...or anything, but my personal opinion. He's been bored since winning the championship. And where else is there to go after being #1 except down?
I would think BAT has given him more than 10+ million reasons to not be bored.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 20:24 (Ref:665237)   #19
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds as though ole JV has eaten a piece of that humble pie, doesn't it? Well good for him, its about time.

Danica Patrick
Old 18 Jul 2003, 20:51 (Ref:665256)   #20
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
If (and if is F1 backwards) JV doesn't have his contract renewed next year I think JV won't bother carrying on in F1 - there's no other team I can think of that will either pay him a decent wage or that he'll really want to go to that have a spare seat. A return to CART though wouldn't be a bad idea. Mind you, this has been said before...
Old 18 Jul 2003, 21:05 (Ref:665262)   #21
woopow
Rookie

Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Well other drivers have decided to do it again.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 21:21 (Ref:665268)   #22
woopow
Rookie

Yeah, even *I've* heard that one before, returning to CART. And I agree, it isn't a bad idea. I wouldn't mind it...he'd be in the United States more often, so I might actually get to see him race (the last F1 race I attended was the USGP 2000).

Something I'd like to know though: why is driving for CART considered less of a challenge than driving for F1?

Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
If (and if is F1 backwards) JV doesn't have his contract renewed next year I think JV won't bother carrying on in F1 - there's no other team I can think of that will either pay him a decent wage or that he'll really want to go to that have a spare seat. A return to CART though wouldn't be a bad idea. Mind you, this has been said before...
Old 18 Jul 2003, 22:05 (Ref:665300)   #23
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Jacques has acknowledged that Button is fast, so that should be good, shouldn't it?
Old 18 Jul 2003, 22:16 (Ref:665304)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

Not good enough for them...
Old 19 Jul 2003, 19:57 (Ref:665752)   #25
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This brought a tear to my eye...
http://www.planet-f1.com/Home/story_12397.shtml

They are a happy family. I hope big bad DR and Honda dont break up a happy home.

Last edited by neilap; 19 Jul 2003 at 19:57.