Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3365012)   #76
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Even though I am not a fan of Pitpass I like this article by Mike Lawrence. Its where he compares F1 teams to football teams and how soccer players are paid compared to F1 drivers.

http://www.pitpass.com/50876/The-Elastoplast-Technique

Thanks Wolfhound, well written piece.

This is the bit that gets me

"There are other factors, one of which is that CVC Capital Partners takes an enormous slice of revenue to the benefit of its investors. In 2012, that slice was 550 million pounds. That was money taken from the sport without a penny being returned.
That equates to fifty million pounds per team, which is almost the total budget for some teams. The rights to Formula One were sold by the FIA for about half what CVC makes per annum.
This is not a criticism of CVC, which exists to do the best it can for its investors, it is a criticism of the fabric of Formula One which allowed it to happen."
Old 20 Feb 2014, 03:42 (Ref:3370259)   #77
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Another piece in the puzzle.

Quite who would be worse for F1 than CVC that F1 has to be protected from you have to wonder!

http://www.pitpass.com/50913/How-CVC...of-Formula-One
Old 20 Feb 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3370326)   #78
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bernie has won his High Court case.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3370331)   #79
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Bernie has won his High Court case.
How stupid and shortchanged must Gribkowski be feeling!
Old 11 Mar 2014, 02:25 (Ref:3377284)   #80
wnut
Veteran

http://www.pitpass.com/51009/Reveale...om-Formula-One

Christian Sylt believes Motorsport have got it wrong and Uncle Bernie isn't raping F1.

His distinction between profit share and dividend in this context however is moot and irrelevant imo.

Just because a share of the profit taken out of F1 is not paid out as a dividend, does not mean it has not left the sport.

An interesting article nevertheless.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3377339)   #81
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
http://www.pitpass.com/51009/Reveale...om-Formula-One

Christian Sylt believes Motorsport have got it wrong and Uncle Bernie isn't raping F1.

His distinction between profit share and dividend in this context however is moot and irrelevant imo.

Just because a share of the profit taken out of F1 is not paid out as a dividend, does not mean it has not left the sport.

An interesting article nevertheless.
I knew there were flaws in the Motorsport article when I read it but by the same token the writer of the Pitpass articles is not giving us all the detail, only what supports his argument, so nothing is as simple as it looks.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3377350)   #82
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Joe Saward might have been reading the same story.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/poor-cvc/

I find it strange that CVC are trying to play down the profits they make, I wonder what they are trying to divert peoples attention from?
Old 11 Mar 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3377373)   #83
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I think Joe Saward might have been reading the same story.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/poor-cvc/

I find it strange that CVC are trying to play down the profits they make, I wonder what they are trying to divert peoples attention from?
I wonder what Ferrari's percentage of the total revenue would look like if you multiplied their take by 10 or 11 to represent the funds due to all the teams if the distribution was made on a fair and equitable basis, bet you it would be way above 44% of the revenue.

I would guess this would explain why all the teams cannot get together to increase their total take beyond 44% of the revenue.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3377542)   #84
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder what Ferrari's percentage of the total revenue would look like if you multiplied their take by 10 or 11 to represent the funds due to all the teams if the distribution was made on a fair and equitable basis, bet you it would be way above 44% of the revenue.

I would guess this would explain why all the teams cannot get together to increase their total take beyond 44% of the revenue.
I also suspect the team that was the first to break away from FOTA as their team principal is a very good mate of an eighty something year old who runs F1.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3387629)   #85
wnut
Veteran

http://www.pitpass.com/51227/Caterha...les-F1-profits
Old 2 Apr 2014, 00:34 (Ref:3387640)   #86
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this an April fool's day story?

Edit. Haha. Never mind. Saw another article about it posted a day ago.

Last edited by chillibowl; 2 Apr 2014 at 00:51.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3387758)   #87
wnut
Veteran

Doubt this can be ascribed to April 1 foolishness

Williams having Financial problems - Todt

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns27656.html
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3387761)   #88
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Doubt this can be ascribed to April 1 foolishness

Williams having Financial problems - Todt

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns27656.html
Indeed it can't. The article is from March 30. The problems of Sauber, Lotus, Caterham and Marussia are known, but so far I thought Williams were relatively safe compared to the other midfield teams.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3387812)   #89
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is concerning to me, to see 5 teams in such trouble. I recall Bernie in the past being far to dismissive of the situation.

Saying F1 could have 15- 18 cars from 5 or 6 teams (3 car teams) and survive, but for me that would be another nail in F1's coffin.

I hope something can happen to help F1.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 23:21 (Ref:3388087)   #90
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki13 View Post
It is concerning to me, to see 5 teams in such trouble. I recall Bernie in the past being far to dismissive of the situation.

Saying F1 could have 15- 18 cars from 5 or 6 teams (3 car teams) and survive, but for me that would be another nail in F1's coffin.

I hope something can happen to help F1.
And RBR thinking of pulling its sponsorship; allegedly; 2 teams!

Move along, nothing to see here ....
Old 3 Apr 2014, 07:54 (Ref:3388182)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The lack of sponsor decals on some cars is getting worrying,
Old 3 Apr 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3388188)   #92
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The lack of sponsor decals on some cars is getting worrying,
It does not help that the person who runs the series is due to appear in court over financial irregularities.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3390335)   #93
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
"Is Bernie trying to buy F1 back" from CVC. That is the suggestion put forward by Dieter Renkenen in his latest column.
In the article his susggestion is Bernie is down grading F1 so that its value becomes less, and guess who likes a bargain. He has also been working the paddock in recent times.
F1 has been a source of trouble for CVC and would probably offload it if the circumstances were right. The latest being Bernie's visit to a German court.

Bernie does not have enough money on his own to buy F1 you may be sure he knows who has. All this information has come from a source very close to Bernie apparently.

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...o-buy-f1-back/
Old 8 Apr 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3390340)   #94
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i see plans within plans!
Old 8 Apr 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3390345)   #95
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i see plans within plans!
With Bernie there is always something going on the thing is what. When I read that article a lot of whathe said recently started to make sence. When F1 was going to be floated on the Singapore stock exchange I always felt Bernie was against it. You will note at that time there was no Concorde agreement (there still isn't) and as result F1 was worth sweet .... all without any contracts.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3392696)   #96
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Bernie Eccelstone wants to hire somebody to get more sponsorship for F1.

Sounds like more for Bernie/CVC less for teams to keep us watching.
http://www.pitpass.com/51361/Ecclest...onsorship-boss
Old 27 May 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3411148)   #97
wnut
Veteran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/b...s-of-320m.html

3 of the nine teams required to lodge public statements have shown a total net loss of $320 million dollars about half of which was incurred by Marussia.

Hope it helps now that they have scored points in Monaco!
Old 27 May 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3411522)   #98
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bernie Eccelstone wants to hire somebody to get more sponsorship for F1.

Sounds like more for Bernie/CVC less for teams to keep us watching.
http://www.pitpass.com/51361/Ecclest...onsorship-boss
Fabiana has a degree in marketing.... was marketing manager for the Brazilian GP...
Old 28 May 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3411651)   #99
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Fabiana has a degree in marketing.... was marketing manager for the Brazilian GP...
Does that mean Bernie is getting somebody to pronote F1 as opposed to looking for more money to fill CVC/Bernie's pockets?
Old 13 Aug 2015, 05:21 (Ref:3565741)   #100
wnut
Veteran

Some more figures about who is spending what, and what FOM is paying the teams.

I find some of the figures a bit strange. It is my belief that Mercedes are outspending everyone by miles.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/2012...dedd34bc5da444