Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Apr 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3394452)   #76
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An April fools joke ? This is an insight into the machinations at the top of Ferrari.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3394492)   #77
alc
Rookie

alc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Futile gesture

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Remind me of the old Policeman's Ball comedy sketch.

It's at times like this we need a futile gesture, Perkins...
Beyond the Fringe - early 60's, rather than Secret Policeman's Ball 1979.

My personal view is that you've overlooked the greatest period in satire and in F1.

But keep posting.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3394649)   #78
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for that.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3394662)   #79
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
the machinations at the top of Ferrari.
Cue theme song from The Godfather.

Last edited by Armco Bender; 18 Apr 2014 at 20:13.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3394686)   #80
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks for that.
Your welcome ! :- )
Old 18 Apr 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3394725)   #81
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I too like Stefano; and, there is something in the "corporate" approach to racing at that level (actually business) that means the nice guys will always fail. Which is why I would hate to see Ross go back.

Ferrari is not the best team in the world, it is "just" a team. Same as McLaren or Williams. I exclude the others because they have no history, but they are teams in the true sense of the word. And none of them deserve better treatment than the others, so essentially all of them are vying for an ever diminishing pot of gold.

Enter "******tics" and Ferrari and you get the sacking of people that we can equate to, in order to show that the team principals are all powerful. And here, I include Ron.
Too right!

The chairman, Luca di Montezemolo is the one that should have gone imo.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3394730)   #82
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He might well be the next. Allegedly.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 02:47 (Ref:3394757)   #83
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He might well be the next. Allegedly.
Guess you'll be the first to claim it if it does.., eh?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3394798)   #84
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Somehow I feel sure you'll beat me to it.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3397691)   #85
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting stuff going on at Ferrari:
http://autosprint.corrieredellosport...-rapido/14929/

For those who do not read Italian, Mattiacci's first move is restructuring aimed at eliminating bureaucracy in order to speed up the decision making process. Apparently, it was becoming very difficult to get approval up the change of command for any decisions. A lot of intermediate steps have been eliminated in this new structure. de Montezemolo has also asked for technical partners to be quicker in manufacturing new parts, etc. No more siesta or mid afternoon cappucinnos?

Edit: There is also limit of 3 on the number of cc's allowed in a given email between technical staff! Apparently, they were basically cc'ing everyone and waiting for input from them all before proceeding with a decision.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 24 Apr 2014 at 12:55.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3397705)   #86
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
That sounds like progress. We can only hope it translates to the track soon.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3397709)   #87
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That sounds like progress. We can only hope it translates to the track soon.
The sneak peek we've been given here has all the hallmarks of a political rats nest. The multiple cc'ing is the effect of a culture where nobody takes responsibility and everyone's trying to cover their ass. The root cause of this culture -and Ferrari's other organization difficulties - is what needs to be changed... and I don't think that was Stefano.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3397714)   #88
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
The sneak peek we've been given here has all the hallmarks of a political rats nest. The multiple cc'ing is the effect of a culture where nobody takes responsibility and everyone's trying to cover their ass. The root cause of this culture -and Ferrari's other organization difficulties - is what needs to be changed... and I don't think that was Stefano.
I think that Mattiacci's experiences in America, together with the more North American culture brought by Marchionne (Italian-Canadian) will pay dividends in the long run.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3397716)   #89
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
Edit: There is also limit of 3 on the number of cc's allowed in a given email between technical staff! Apparently, they were basically cc'ing everyone and waiting for input from them all before proceeding with a decision.
I don't find that surprising at all. Italians seem to love bureaucracy, to the point of obsession. I had first hand experience of it when I got married in Rome.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3397742)   #90
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
I think that Mattiacci's experiences in America, together with the more North American culture brought by Marchionne (Italian-Canadian) will pay dividends in the long run.
His experiences in Italy will probably be more helpful (!)
Old 24 Apr 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3397764)   #91
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I am not sure what you mean davyboy.. I was referring to the more streamlined and efficient management that is prevalent on this side of the pond, when compared to the Italian management culture.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3397769)   #92
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean davyboy.. I was referring to the more streamlined and efficient management that is prevalent on this side of the pond, when compared to the Italian management culture.
There's no shortage of competent managers, with experience of American management techniques, in Italy. That doesn't mean they can upend the culture at Ferrari... particularly when they will be reporting to the person who created that culture... and seems to still be ultimately in charge there !
Old 24 Apr 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3397775)   #93
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
There's no shortage of competent managers, with experience of American management techniques, in Italy. That doesn't mean they can upend the culture at Ferrari... particularly when they will be reporting to the person who created that culture... and seems to still be ultimately in charge there !
Well Marchionne seems to have done quite a nice job turning around FIAT/Chrysler.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3397781)   #94
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Well Marchionne seems to have done quite a nice job turning around FIAT/Chrysler.
The challenge there, however, was turning Chrysler around.

... in any event, let's see. I wish the new boy the very best and hope he can make a positive difference.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 01:27 (Ref:3397949)   #95
321Go
Veteran

Here we go again. Didn't Ferrari try this a few years back? Even brought in an expert in teamwork (Italian Air force commander) to help the team with 'teamwork and communication'?

So Ferrari wants to increase teamwork and communication - by restricting emails to just three people?? That should work well then.

If I remember correctly when they tried to get rid of bureaucracy a few years back, they also got rid of Aldo Costa - the man behind the current Mercedes W05 chassis. That worked out well for Ferrari didn't it.

And now Stefano Domenicali. Both scapegoats.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3399005)   #96
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The challenge there, however, was turning Chrysler around.

... in any event, let's see. I wish the new boy the very best and hope he can make a positive difference.
We can only hope, as for Domenicali, I'm surprised he managed to stay that long... a italian that didn't behave as a italian.
Old 6 May 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3402739)   #97
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Ross Brawn seems the obvious shoe-in for the job. Which probably means it won't happen.
Interesting you should say that. Reports from Italy suggests Ross Brawn was spotted in Maranello yesterday.
Old 6 May 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3402796)   #98
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Dominicali should be able to write blank cheques as a strategy consultant to the lesser teams in the negotiations with Bernie and possible action against the FIA and the big teams with the European Union.
Old 6 May 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3402850)   #99
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An article relating to Ross..

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns27924.html
Old 7 May 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3403308)   #100
321Go
Veteran

Brawn plays down Ferrari F1 factory visit