Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Mar 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3383312)   #101
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another treat for this year!

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=25547
Old 23 Mar 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3383313)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to seeing one of those again
Old 23 Mar 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3383314)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not many better looking than that.......
Old 23 Mar 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3383371)   #104
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Are you sure?
Old 23 Mar 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3383379)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely. You don't expect me to admire the imposter Porsche, surely......?

Now, if you'd picked this one........

Shell Porsche
Old 23 Mar 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3383381)   #106
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Absolutely. You don't expect me to admire the imposter Porsche, surely......?

Now, if you'd picked this one........

Shell Porsche
Nah, I just wanted to push one of your buttons Ayse
Old 23 Mar 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3383403)   #107
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
yep, but it is closely followed by the canon, skoal bandit and newman liveries
Old 23 Mar 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3383409)   #108
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm gutted there weren't more Jagermeister colours at LM.

Did any of the orange liveries ever even race there? I have the 1:18 of the Brun 962 car from Spa '86 in my living room and it's a beauty.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3383416)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I used to have that. I brought it back from Le Mans on one of my early trips for my oldest but it got trashed......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Nah, I just wanted to push one of your buttons Ayse

Oh you did that alright!
Old 24 Mar 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3383519)   #110
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Did any of the orange liveries ever even race there? I have the 1:18 of the Brun 962 car from Spa '86 in my living room and it's a beauty.
Pretty certain they did, because i saw one race and at that time i only did the group c races at Le mans and Brands
Old 24 Mar 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3383543)   #111
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Many sponsors which were usual in Germany during the Deutsche Rennsportmeisterschaft period never appeared at Le Mans because the main market was in Germany.
It's been the case for Jägermeister (liquor) or Vaillant (heating).

But, for instance, Sparkasse (bank) was present on the Georg Loos Porsche 935.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3383546)   #112
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

956/962 probably not, but I have a vague recollection of a 911-derivative in Jaegermeister livery being at LM. Can anyone confirm?
Old 24 Mar 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3383547)   #113
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe you mean the Porsche 935 K3 Sartec of 1980 ? It seems to be the Kremer Porsche whose Jägermeister stickers have been removed.

Last edited by PascaLM; 24 Mar 2014 at 09:10.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3388103)   #114
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've found just 1 Jägermeister sponsored LM24 entry in my Le Mans bible:

1978 #68 Porsche 934
Old 3 Apr 2014, 06:15 (Ref:3388150)   #115
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
I've found just 1 Jägermeister sponsored LM24 entry in my Le Mans bible:

1978 #68 Porsche 934
I guess that's my "vague recollection"

Thanks
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3389700)   #116
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Here she is:

Old 7 Apr 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3389722)   #117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
a fine looking car
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3389877)   #118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sweet!

Not sure about the classy number application though......
Old 7 Apr 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3389944)   #119
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It does look a little bit of an after thought
Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3396687)   #120
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The interview with Derek Bell on Radio Le Mans at Silverstone was great, especially when he said that he would love the chance to drive a Group C car there again. Hopefully someone with a suitable car was listening.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3396718)   #121
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Was thinking the same thing. If you've got a Porsche in your stable it would be worth entering it for the PR value alone. Hopefully Derek could get a dry run at it this year.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3396722)   #122
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
A Rothmans Porsche would be even better.
Old 6 May 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3402791)   #123
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there an entry list out yet ? Applications had to be in by March 3rd, over 2 months ago, so was hoping to have seen a list by now.

Last edited by LC2guy; 6 May 2014 at 11:13. Reason: Speeling Mistache
Old 6 May 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3402833)   #124
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I made some enquiries. The list should be on the Group C Racing website next week.

I am hoping it includes a Mazda 767.

http://www.groupcracing.com/
Old 6 May 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3402843)   #125
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
If the Mazda not crashed next Weekend ( RMU Classic ) the 767b will be in Le Mans . Confirmed is also a 962 For Derek Bell and Mark Sumpter .